Saunders officially traded to Orlando!

That was also done prior to Vieira's arrival so he had no input in the decision in terms of actual on the field assessment. I'm sure it would have turned out differently.
Oh I place the blame squarely on Reyna for the contract extension. i never understood why it was done before the incoming manager arrived - why tie his hands?

Welp, Kreis learned nothing from his time here.
In a surprise move reminiscent of Landon Donovan coming out of retirement, Orlando City signs Ned Grabavoy to a three year contract. Terms of the contract are not revealed per MLS policy but it is believed that they used all $650k Gam/Tam received from the Minnesota United trade. Per Kreis, "We expect Ned to be the trigger on the field - he's a leader and will be wearing the number ten - Kaka has agreed to relinquish it to somebody of such offensive might."

giphy.gif

That was also done prior to Vieira's arrival so he had no input in the decision in terms of actual on the field assessment. I'm sure it would have turned out differently.
Vieira was hired November 9. Saunders extension happened more than one month later on December 17.
Vieira had 5 weeks to look at film and give his input.

Vieira was hired November 9. Saunders extension happened more than one month later on December 17.
Vieira had 5 weeks to look at film and give his input.

To be fair to Vieira, he may have been hired in November, but January 1st was considered his start date.

I think it's reasonably clear that we have a European management structure with Vieira ultimately calling the shots nowadays, and Reyna acting more like a figurehead. But he probably deferred A LOT more to Reyna on decisions back in December of 2016.

To be fair to Vieira, he may have been hired in November, but January 1st was considered his start date.

I think it's reasonably clear that we have a European management structure with Vieira ultimately calling the shots nowadays, and Reyna acting more like a figurehead. But he probably deferred A LOT more to Reyna on decisions back in December of 2016.
Agreed.

Reactions: LionNYC