• Harrison

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Matarrita

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great result, loved the pressure we put on Seattle for a lot of the game - Villa still closing down the defenders in injury time.

Fantastic from Fat Frank, he's filling that attacking mid hole we've had for a while. Not sure how with a back 3 of Mena, Brillant and Saunders we kept a clean sheet, but delighted with that too.

Reactions: Max Power
Good game - players for the most part played well, we defended well under pressure for the last half an hour after making some good chances (not capitalised on enough, but that's another story) and controlling the first half. Some positive performances from a number of players. Of course, nothing quite gets me feeling confident for a derby any more (but then that's how football should be) but it's a good way to go into next week.

Love the Iraola-Pirlo-Lampard triangle in the middle. We looked so calm and collected all game with those three running the show. I think we leave Iraola in there when Bravo returns, who instead replaces Lopez as the defensive midfield sub.

We don't miss Mix even a little bit.

Love the Iraola-Pirlo-Lampard triangle in the middle. We looked so calm and collected all game with those three running the show. I think we leave Iraola in there when Bravo returns, who instead replaces Lopez as the defensive midfield sub.

Bravo replaces White for the CB sub. Lopez still has the speed for the counterattacking play.

Agreed. Save for Mena this is your starting lineup unless someone needs a rest or picks up a knock. Really good stuff today. I love watching Harrison go one one one (or sometimes one on three) at defenders. He is the real deal.

Reactions: JayH
I love watching Harrison go one one one (or sometimes one on three) at defenders.
While I totally agree with you on this I just wish there was anyone else on the team who could keep up with him. The reason he ended up 0ne-on-three a few times was because he outran the rest of the field and there wasn't anyone there yet for him to pass to. Not the worst problem to have, of course.

Reactions: Vallos
We wasted too many chances. Holy fuck, was mena bad or is it that he's never played before? He looked dumb as shit.

Harrison is great. FF played pretty well, aside from missing a chance.

Why is villa so not clinical? It's annoying as hell. He has it in him. Just not coming through.

We played better than sounders. Not a lucky result. Well done.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Paul
Great game to be at!! Had about 3o supporters there but when Khiry came out to us at end of game realized he had a big posse there!! LOL Actually had a few fans congratulate us as they left. Such a better feel than Red Cows!!!

Next time there's an away game in Seattle you guys totally need to go, the atmosphere is amazing, all the fans standing for 90 mins, totally kills Yankee stadium.

As far as the game I think goalpost should be MOTM, Seattle bounced so many off of it!

Harrison had a really good game, crazy seeing him weaving around their defense, some great potential there.

Overall well played!

Good to see someone else get fucked over when Lampard just flouts the rules of decent society and the people in charge let him get away with it.
Must have burned all our good will on this one because the ref shit all over the US.

Still, barring a massive turnaround in match quality, the Copa is 3x the tournament of the Euros.

Must have burned all our good will on this one because the ref shit all over the US.

Still, barring a massive turnaround in match quality, the Copa is 3x the tournament of the Euros.

Just wait until Iceland win the whole thing.

Reactions: adam
- Seattle is pretty anemic offensively, particularly without Dempsey, but that had to be the least scary 90 minutes we've ever played. There were a few moments in the first half where there was space behind Mata and Mena that could have turned out badly, but by and large we were quite secure. Even in the second half when we were sitting back, it wasn't like they were bombarding our six yard box the way the last 20 minutes were last week. So pleasant to watch.

- I said last week that when he brought White in as an extra defender, the whole thing didn't work, in part because Mata pushed up a lot and nobody rotated over, while Allen continued to stay on the right. Today, White came in at RB and Allen moved left with Mata more clearly in front of him, but providing defensive support. The whole thing worked a lot better.

- Excellent job getting Pirlo on the ball in the first half. Seattle didn't press hard and Iraola really helped open space for him. A huge question for me was whether that midfield could play on a big field - they certainly did today. As we try to figure out why next Saturday could go better than the last go around, this is biggest potential factor.

- Was Jordan Morris in the match after the first 20 minutes or so?

- The Lampard goal was so incredibly inconclusive. I was sure it came off his chest from all the replays, and then they showed one angle where it clearly looked like it came off his hand. In any event, I love his penchant for scoring ugly goals. It started with the scuffed shot against Toronto last year. He just gets in good spaces and scores ugly looking goals.

- Set off a minor twitter-storm yesterday when I noted that Mix didn't appear to be with the team. I'd be surprised if that actually resolves in July, but there does seem to be a reckoning coming in the offseason if it doesn't happen sooner.

- Some disappointing finishing from Villa today, as was said, but still a lot of good work and he did contribute to the second goal.

Frank Lampard is tied for our third highest goalscorer with Khiry Shelton at two goals. Thomas McNamara is second with three goals.

Reactions: mgarbowski
- Seattle is pretty anemic offensively, particularly without Dempsey, but that had to be the least scary 90 minutes we've ever played. There were a few moments in the first half where there was space behind Mata and Mena that could have turned out badly, but by and large we were quite secure. Even in the second half when we were sitting back, it wasn't like they were bombarding our six yard box the way the last 20 minutes were last week. So pleasant to watch.

- I said last week that when he brought White in as an extra defender, the whole thing didn't work, in part because Mata pushed up a lot and nobody rotated over, while Allen continued to stay on the right. Today, White came in at RB and Allen moved left with Mata more clearly in front of him, but providing defensive support. The whole thing worked a lot better.

- Excellent job getting Pirlo on the ball in the first half. Seattle didn't press hard and Iraola really helped open space for him. A huge question for me was whether that midfield could play on a big field - they certainly did today. As we try to figure out why next Saturday could go better than the last go around, this is biggest potential factor.

- Was Jordan Morris in the match after the first 20 minutes or so?

- The Lampard goal was so incredibly inconclusive. I was sure it came off his chest from all the replays, and then they showed one angle where it clearly looked like it came off his hand. In any event, I love his penchant for scoring ugly goals. It started with the scuffed shot against Toronto last year. He just gets in good spaces and scores ugly looking goals.

- Set off a minor twitter-storm yesterday when I noted that Mix didn't appear to be with the team. I'd be surprised if that actually resolves in July, but there does seem to be a reckoning coming in the offseason if it doesn't happen sooner.

- Some disappointing finishing from Villa today, as was said, but still a lot of good work and he did contribute to the second goal.
I thought Morris was dangerous throughout the game. He played some folks into good slots and got there himself.

He would be great with Jack alongside him. He'll be scoring 20 per year soon. He had at least 3 decent chances that were closer than villa misses misses. He abused Mena. I definitely didnt notice a disappearance.