• Harrison

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Matarrita

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Morris was dangerous throughout the game. He played some folks into good slots and got there himself.

He would be great with Jack alongside him. He'll be scoring 20 per year soon. He had at least 3 decent chances that were closer than villa misses misses. He abused Mena. I definitely didnt notice a disappearance.
Maybe. I agree he has huge potential and was very dangerous for the first quarter of the match. Didn't feel the same after that, but you may be right. I generally love the aggression he plays with. It's like Shelton's body with a killer instinct.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Frank Lampard is tied for our third highest goalscorer with Khiry Shelton at two goals. Thomas McNamara is second with three goals.

Brilliant had 3 goals this season to tie with Tmac. Granted 2 are own goals, but still...

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Sabo
Our midfield trio doesn't have the wheels, but they have the smarts. They were showing that experience & skill level can go against physicality. At times toying with Seattle. We played good and did a lot right. Besides Morris, Seattle didn't look that good. He's the goods though. Good all around win and the most important thing is that we are becoming a solid unit and looking better and better each game.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Last edited:
Our midfield trio doesn't have the wheels, but they have the smarts. They were showing that experience & skill level can go against physicality.

They're going to need it next week as you know RBNY is going to run right at them. Going to look more like hockey than soccer.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
On the plane back home...

(All the way in the back is that Iraola? Sometimes he reminds me of a vampire...)

Ethan White throwing the shade...

UPDATE: The shade continues. David Villa learning English is possible the best thing to happen to MLS. I expect this to be on MLSsoccer.com in the morning.

Villa is a savage. I love it

I didn't manage top see the game last night, so nice to see the team have come away with 3 points. Just watched the highlights on the link above and it looks like it was a deserved win.

How did Mena perform? Do you think he should stay in ahead of Hernandez?

It's great to see we are just 2 points of the top of the league. Now let's get our revenge on the bullshitters!!

They're going to need it next week as you know RBNJ is going to run right at them. Going to look more like hockey than soccer.
Doesn't RB have a midweek Cup game against Philly? With all the travel they've had and a midweeker, they aren't going to be at full-strength for us. Could finally be our perfect storm.....

I didn't manage top see the game last night, so nice to see the team have come away with 3 points. Just watched the highlights on the link above and it looks like it was a deserved win.

How did Mena perform? Do you think he should stay in ahead of Hernandez?

It's great to see we are just 2 points of the top of the league. Now let's get our revenge on the bullshitters!!
I thought mena was an upgrade over Hernandez. no scary moments in possession, recovers better, and is a really good tackler. Like others have said, it was the least scary have we've ever had. Think a quality CB partnership had something to with it.

Reactions: Vallos and Ulrich
I thought mena was an upgrade over Hernandez. no scary moments in possession, recovers better, and is a really good tackler. Like others have said, it was the least scary have we've ever had. Think a quality CB partnership had something to with it.
He also saved Brillant when Morris blew past him. No Way Hernandez EVER makes that play. EVER....

Doesn't RB have a midweek Cup game against Philly? With all the travel they've had and a midweeker, they aren't going to be at full-strength for us. Could finally be our perfect storm.....

Same was true last time. We came in on form; they came in struggling a bit and with a midweek game.

EDIT: Correction. WE were the ones with a midweek game last time. Forgot that. Need to check these things when posting after a night out

Last edited:
I am surprised that there hasn't been more discussion of the first goal here. Wonder what the Sounder boards are like on this one.

A really tough call for the refs given that you had to see multiple replays before finding an angle that showed the handball, and even then it is not 100% clear. It's obvious it strikes Lampard's hand, but the real culprit was the defender's elbow. I think that's the body part that really redirects the ball into goal. It's also the reason Lampard's hand hit the ball at all as the defender was preventing Frank from tucking his hand behind him. It's a lot like that Villa goal toward the start of the year when the Captain's hand helped bring a ball down in the box for him to finish. The similarity being that the defender was pushing on Villa, including pushing his hand into the path of the ball.

It was a tough break for Seattle, but perhaps not unfair. We were pressing well at that point and it was a matter of time before we broke through.

Pirlo has been incredible, and I think it is thanks to Iraola at CDM.

Every time Jack touches the ball he's looking to make a play. Only other person on our roster like that is Villa.

Happy for Mata!

Saunders best game? He actually knew when to come out this game and timed them perfectly.

Pirlo has been incredible, and I think it is thanks to Iraola at CDM.

Every time Jack touches the ball he's looking to make a play. Only other person on our roster like that is Villa.

Happy for Mata!

Saunders best game? He actually knew when to come out this game and timed them perfectly.
Not really sure about the Saunders comment. I vividly remember him running to the edge of the box to grab a ball that was outside of the box and and an attacker came and scooped the ball away from him way before he got there but he was still hesitating whether to go after the ball or not. Thankfully Mata shepparded the ball out of bounds eventually.

Same was true last time. We came in on form; they came in struggling a bit and with a midweek game.

EDIT: Correction. WE were the ones with a midweek game last time. Forgot that. Need to check these things when posting after a night out

We had a tough 7 game stretch...

Sunday / Portland
Wednesday / Toronto
Saturday / Red Bulls

We sat a lot in the Toronto game except Jason/Brillant played a ton of games in a row at that point.

Reactions: Ulrich
Not really sure about the Saunders comment. I vividly remember him running to the edge of the box to grab a ball that was outside of the box and and an attacker came and scooped the ball away from him way before he got there but he was still hesitating whether to go after the ball or not. Thankfully Mata shepparded the ball out of bounds eventually.

That is true, I forgot bout that one. But he did perfectly time a few that earlier in the year would look quite shaky on. I also thought it was one of his best games distributing the ball (which doesn't say much) but I really don't recall much aimless booting to the opposing goalkeeper like usual.

Reactions: JCMore