Seattle Sounders V Red Bulls

Gene

Registered
Donor
Mar 19, 2014
Down & Out
Game on!

Looks like they have a huge crowed tonight. There are a lot of empty seats, but it seems that every time they expect a big crowd in Harrison the traffic fouls everything up. I'm sure it will fill up.

And with that being said Wright-Phillips finds the back of the net 30 seconds into the match. 1-0 RBNY

Sure I read somewhere it was supposedly sold out. Might have watched this (or at least tried to considering some streams :rolleyes:) but I had a deep run playing poker. May well be 2 of the biggest threats next season...then again maybe not.

Pretty sloppy play from Sounders. Then again they're resting a lot of starters. Think they brough in Dempsey and Martins just to try and save some face.

Kreis, Reyna, and Villa were all at the Red Bulls game tonight. Wonder if he's scouting anybody for the expansion draft?

I hate to admit it but when RBA is packed it really becomes the best atmosphere in the league.

Besides its actual physical location, it is a grade A++ soccer stadium. Among the best.

PS I really hate the Sounders, so glad they got toasted tonight.

On a good day Seattle has as many as 50-60K in that stadium

Its a nice stadium and the atmosphere is undeniable but better than Portland or Seattle?

I don't think so.
I'm talking actual physical stadium, not attendance or atmosphere. Centurylink is a NFL stadium and Providence is a converted baseball stadium. Both on FieldTurf. Ugh.

Besides, I've been to both Seattle & RB and far more plastic fans in Seattle.

Sure I read somewhere it was supposedly sold out. Might have watched this (or at least tried to considering some streams :rolleyes:) but I had a deep run playing poker. May well be 2 of the biggest threats next season...then again maybe not.
There were only supporter's section tickets available as of Thursday afternoon.

What an absolute crapshow with the parking -- having to park so far away that you miss gametime, and having to walk past acres and acres of empty/abandoned property directly adjacent to the stadium is so frustrating.

Anyone know why RBNY doesn't build parking?

FWIW, during the broadcast Steve Cangialosi mentioned the game was sold out. Never followed that close, but was there ever any particular reason they didn't build that stadium out in the Meadowlands?

There were only supporter's section tickets available as of Thursday afternoon.

What an absolute crapshow with the parking -- having to park so far away that you miss gametime, and having to walk past acres and acres of empty/abandoned property directly adjacent to the stadium is so frustrating.

Anyone know why RBNY doesn't build parking?
I went to the USMNT v Turkey match and had no problem with the parking situation. Yes, you have to walk 5-10 minutes from the lot, but I did not mind at all. There is plenty of room to park in various different lots, and have a nice tailgate to boot. Easy to get in, and fairly quick to get out.

I actually prefer it to, say, Yankee Stadium where you have to pay a fortune to park, and then not have anywhere to enjoy a tailgate, and then take 45 minutes to get out of the lot.