Away - 02/15 Red Bulls

Obviously we write this one off. What does everyone make of the trialists/kids fighting for contracts/playing time?

Reactions: Kjbert
Obviously we write this one off. What does everyone make of the trialists/kids fighting for contracts/playing time?

Saw a much less exciting side of Okoli today, hopefully it was just an off day and what we saw from him in Ecuador is more representative of what we should expect from him.

I also love that RB played their starters and clearly wanted a proper tune up for their up coming Concacaf game and we didn't give it to them. PV essentially just gave them a B team match they could have replicated in practice with their own B team.

NJRB has no chill during the preseason...

It will be more fun when Villa, Pirlo, Harrison, McNamara, Ring, Lewis, Wallace, Maxi, Yani, Chanot, Brillant, Callens, Johnson, Matarrita, and Vieira's first team plays...

#AZisRed? Lol.

Holy shit we have come a long way. Look at our roster this year from 2015 and 2016. Unbelievable.

Okoli's free kick was nice. PK not so much.

I think you cut Wingate and Sweat.

Brown needs USL PT. Can be good.

Awuah makes it.

Sands makes most 18s.

I would like to get aboard the Sands hype train but I would also like to see our new players. I am a bit conflict of what to do with Sands if some of our midfield options move ahead of him in the depth chart. Would hate to see a 16 year not play as much as possible.

Okoli can be a decent hold up player. I don't think he's anything special.

The goalkeepers did little but both distributed VERY well.

Matarrita still can't hold a formation. Harrison was exactly what we expected.

Our CBs were very poor. Wouldn't feel comfortable with either of them. Wingate provided nothing. Would understand if none of those three were here much longer.

Allen is a useful backup for a squad. Gomez shows flashes going forward but needs polishing. I think we have issues at RB. Shelton hasn't improved in two years. Great athlete. Maybe playing the wrong sport.

I thought Jaylen Brown looked decent. Would like to see him signed and sent out. There is a player there inside of Awuah. In a 10 second span, you see N'golo Kante and Ned Grabavoy. That being said, he's a better version of what I saw and thought we needed in Mikey Lopez.

Onto James Sands. He's the clearest like for like replacement for Iraola today. And that's as a 16 year old. This kid can play in MLS right now. I don't know if they will break camp with him on the roster, but our offense was unlocked when he came in the game. He controlled the midfield for the entirety of his time on the pitch. He will always be limited athletically, but so is Michael Bradley. The way he moves through the midfield and uses space, he reminds me of guys like Garreth Barry and Nemanja Matic. There have been questions as to what his best position is. I don't see why. He is a holding midfielder in a 4-3-3 and can dominate a game from there. What a find.