So... Tr Is Starting Their Own Forum.

Sincerely I am not surprised, because even on the TR facebook page I can't comment..... I hope that at least Bryan will stay on this forum..............

I try to. An I know TR isn't perfect. I'm just trying to make sure people are as informed as possible and that I am working to make the SC better.

I know that sounds horrifically corny. Sorry. But it is true.

I hope that a few bad apples don't spoil the bunch.

Reactions: Goodfella and Paul
I try to. An I know TR isn't perfect. I'm just trying to make sure people are as informed as possible and that I am working to make the SC better.

Yeah we definitely appreciate you guys that do post here and inform the members. Thanks!
Are you guys planing a private forum or an open forum?

Reactions: MagnusPax

I think you guys need to do a better job communicating with TR members (like myself) who can't attend the meetings. I learn more about TR things on this site than I do directly from the group.

Agreed with that last post. 1700 paid members. They wouldn't even WANT them all to show up at Nevada Smiths, so they need to do something about minutes. Apparently there are elections going on. Its not even a discussion on the Facebook page. Information needs to be better. Brian wears like 10,000 hats. He's an awesome dude. Brian works incredibly hard. The hardest in the group. I think he definitely needs more help. Losing Zach, Chris, Sam, etc... have hurt big time.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Agreed with that last post. 1700 paid members. They wouldn't even WANT them all to show up at Nevada Smiths, so they need to do something about minutes. Apparently there are elections going on. Its not even a discussion on the Facebook page. Information needs to be better. Brian wears like 10,000 hats. He's an awesome dude. Brian works incredibly hard. The hardest in the group. I think he definitely needs more help. Losing Zach, Chris, Sam, etc... have hurt big time.
how come they lost so many people?

chris and zach are still here chris is vp of business, and zach is working with the light rail

I can speak to a few of these points.

The main reason we are moving to a forum, as many people here have pointed out, facebook is just not the place for meaningful conversations and archiving.

The reason we are going to our own platform is just more control on our side. We will be able to maintain our databases. Dan has reached out and we have spoken about having a portal here on a few occasions. The reason we aren't going in that direction is one of control. It will be easier to maintain on our side if we have our own. What Dan and you all here have built is amazing. We just would like something that is our own.

It will not be monetized. I do not know where that idea came from. It will be free to all members. We will not make money off of it. We will use dues to run the administrative side.

We will be asking members to moderate the forum. Not board members.

I think that answers all of the points provided from above.
If you guys still can't get me my membership card roughly 8 months after paying you for it, I'm frankly not terribly confident in the SG's ability to moderate a thriving forum on a daily basis. I'm afraid that it'll look just like the (embarrassing) Facebook group in two to three weeks.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
People have been leaving because they are realizing the time commitment is a lot more than they expected it to be. Life gets in the way and relationships and careers are ultimately more important than running a supporters club.

We did take minutes from the meeting. We are working on distribution methods.

I thank you guys for the kind words, but I can't take all of the credit. The guys on the board, past and current, have worked very hard. Growing as fast as we did was not planned for accordingly.

If you guys still can't get me my membership card roughly 8 months after paying you for it, I'm frankly not terribly confident in the SG's ability to moderate a thriving forum on a daily basis. I'm afraid that it'll look just like the (embarrassing) Facebook group in two to three weeks.
doctorhoosier doctorhoosier send me an email at brian@thirdrail.nyc. I will get you your membership card as soon as I can.

c'mon, the u90soccer.com discount alone with worth it's weight in gold :)

i signed up a month ago, just got my TR package with the t-shirt, no membership card yet.