• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the silence may actually be a good thing
Silence is not bad, but unfortunately we have no idea if they have nothing going right now, or if they are deep in discussions with a particular location, or anywhere in between. For anyone who has either A) followed this league since the inception or B) been involved in medium-large scale developments, you would know that silence is generally golden at all points in the process. The only time it is in your favor to make public statements with any detail is when you are just trying to pretend you are trying to do something. Other than that, we should continue to hear "we are working on various opportunities and it remains a priority" up until they have something official to announce.
Obviously we all want to know exactly where everything stands right now, but in order to get things done, they need to remain quiet!

link?
I know they said something a while back about pier 40, but they wouldn't do anything to pier 54. It's a memorial for the titanic.

I know this is a late response, that happens
Not sure what pier maybe it was 40. As far as a link don't you buy the paper on sunday?
Anything that is more than 20 years old should be marked by a plaque. I can't believe in a city like this where space is so tight we would waste space with a memorial to the Titanic. War dead only and then only with a statue.
The woodlawn cemetery has a subway-4- and is next to the thruway. move the bones to the northern end of the cemetery and build a stadium. Thats how Paris got built, they moved the dead.

I know this is a late response, that happens
Not sure what pier maybe it was 40. As far as a link don't you buy the paper on sunday?
Anything that is more than 20 years old should be marked by a plaque. I can't believe in a city like this where space is so tight we would waste space with a memorial to the Titanic. War dead only and then only with a statue.
The woodlawn cemetery has a subway-4- and is next to the thruway. move the bones to the northern end of the cemetery and build a stadium. Thats how Paris got built, they moved the dead.

It's part of Hudson River Park and there's not actually anything there to commemorate the spot where the Titanic survivors disembarked from the rescue ship, The Carpathia.

Thursday: NYCFC v Philly - 20,461
Sunday: NYCFC v Portland - 21,891
You'd have to think these are pretty close to rock-bottom numbers.

Walk-up hurt by crap opponents on weeknight (defined as work/school the next day), still chilly weather and no Mix or Villa at either game. Group sales were probably close to nil for either game and we still topped 21k.

From my seats it looked like an interesting 21k that appeared to be pretty evenly distributed across the stadium.

Reactions: Gene

Walk-up hurt by crap opponents on weeknight (defined as work/school the next day), still chilly weather and no Mix or Villa at either game. Group sales were probably close to nil for either game and we still topped 21k.

From my seats it looked like an interesting 21k that appeared to be pretty evenly distributed across the stadium.
solid MLS numbers

Exactly, I couldn't attend Sunday's game due to illness, and we ended up giving the two tickets to a friend who has never been into MLS, he said he enjoyed the game and already bought tickets for the next 2 home games.

now imagine Villa carrying this team, mix playing, the team actually winning some games, and the other guy arriving.
We won't have any problems on getting more than 20-21K showing up as the weather gets better

Reactions: Gene and Goodfella
Reactions: Kjbert
This also confirms they have absolutely nothing in the works. This should not come as a surprise to anyone. But expect stadium rumors sometime around season ticket renewal time.

If by that you mean no progress, I don't think that's true. Last we heard they were looking at Queens and Brooklyn again, and given the Aqueduct site is southern Queens, there might be a mystery Brooklyn site they are working on. Brooklyn doesn't seem to have many great options, but my favorite dark horse site has always been Broadway Junction, a neighborhood the city wants to redevelop and has a ton of great public transportation options.

They have struck out on the "easy" sites. If they are going to put together a proposal for a site like Broadway Junction, that will take a ton of time and work behind the scenes. I think that's what they are doing now, probably for 2-3 sites in parallel, and we just won't hear anything about it until they hit late stage talks in 2016. (Plus another year of red tape, plus three years construction, puts the best case stadium opening date at 2020 (five years at Yankee Stadium).