Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Their soccer team plays in the smaller soccer field an not the football stadium as of now.

From the glimpse of the article the new proposed would for nycfc and their college football team.

I assume their soccer team will still play where they currently do.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would imagine if we are throwing down $400 mil it WILL be an SSS.
yeah the article even says its going to be a SSS

What the article says is:
"The proposal is to build a new, larger stadium amid the crowded complex that could be used by the soccer team and Columbia’s football team." (emphasis added)

What the article says is:
"The proposal is to build a new, larger stadium amid the crowded complex that could be used by the soccer team and Columbia’s football team." (emphasis added)
Yeah I get that. Was just replying to the poster asking if it would be an SSS. I would imagine they'd use ours for Football/Soccer and maybe convert the soccer to lacrosse only.
Anyone know their playing season?

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yeah I get that. Was just replying to the poster asking if it would be an SSS. I would imagine they'd use ours for Football/Soccer and maybe convert the soccer to lacrosse only.
Anyone know their playing season?
Got it. Which sport? Football is the fall. Soccer runs more or less during the school year -- fall to spring.

Finally some news. I like this option. Also, college students will bolster our ST holder base. I think 25,000 is too small though.

Reactions: Fabio and CP_Scouse
I'm taking a guess and saying that Columbia is a "dry campus." The schools stance better not have an effect on whether or not beer is sold at the NYCFC games. They'd have to monitor it especially with the likely prospect of a large amount of students going to the games since it's on campus

Finally some news. I like this option. Also, college students will bolster our ST holder base. I think 25,000 is too small though.
Yes, also having a younger router fan base is a cool prospects a lot of people were wanting a support section to be as involved like the "Cameron Crazies"and everyone's main argument on how that wouldn't happen was because they're colege kids. Well this would crush that argument haha

Reactions: CP_Scouse and adam

Having a MLS team at Columbia, even the likes of NYC FC will not bolster ST numbers. Columbia kids don't even attend their own athletics events up there even Homecoming, etc. They're too busy doing work in the library.

That's so far up that it puts most of Brooklyn between 1-2 hours away by public transport. Pretty large market that's in your target demo to isolate. Cosmos would love to see Brooklyn left for them to market towards.

If it's the only option that will get us in a new stadium within our planned five year window, then go for it. But that 20 extra minutes of travel compared to the Yankee Stadium site is killer.

Interesting to see this leaked though. They must be getting reasonably close and want to gauge public response to this potential site, assuming it was a controlled leak.

I'm taking a guess and saying that Columbia is a "dry campus." The schools stance better not have an effect on whether or not beer is sold at the NYCFC games. They'd have to monitor it especially with the likely prospect of a large amount of students going to the games since it's on campus
The sports complex is 5 miles from campus, and the campus isn't dry.

Ideally, the stadium would be able to accommodate commuters from both sides of manhattan. Anyone living in the central or east Bronx, and west manhattan would really be difficult to get to. That's what makes near Yankee Stadium such a great spot. That's where I'm pulling.
???
West Manhattan is possibly the area of the city that has the easiest trip to this site.

???
West Manhattan is possibly the area of the city that has the easiest trip to this site.
Yep. I'm at 100 St and Riverside...2 blocks from the 1 line, so it's fine by me. Can we tear down the Allen Pavilion of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital at the north of the site and use that space, too ;) !

Considering I'm coming from Albany this is all rather funny to read complaints about an extra 15-20 minutes of travel.

Ultimately a site in the 5 boroughs will piss off some portion of the fanbase. It is literally impossible to please every fan in every corner of the NY tri state area. If this is the site...great! Remember with any new stadium will also bring a review Of all transportation options, and potentially changes, modifications, etc. it's not like stadium will be announced and appear 6 months later. Plenty of time to figure out the intracacies, adapt, etc.

It's an interesting option that posters in this thread have cleverly brought up in the past.

It would be a tough ride for those of us from Westchester (and Connecticut as well). The Metro North stop is far from ideal, and there are zero parking options.

That said, it would provide plenty of room for a nice stadium. I still prefer a Bronx location, but this is certainly better than Acqueduct.

Reactions: northernburbs
It's an interesting option that posters in this thread have cleverly brought up in the past.

It would be a tough ride for those of us from Westchester (and Connecticut as well). The Metro North stop is far from ideal, and there are zero parking options.

That said, it would provide plenty of room for a nice stadium. I still prefer a Bronx location, but this is certainly better than Acqueduct.

Huh? This seems like it would be an attractive location for Westchester and CT fans. And what's not ideal about the Metro North stop across the bridge?