• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
kinda sorta. the A train is a bit of a 10-15 min walk and the 1 train is closer. HOWEVER- on weekends 1 train tends to suck north of 137st.
As someone who lives north of 150th and uses the 1 all the god dam time I can confirm that statement.

Reactions: Amon
man, that's up there - any idea if it'll be a giant pain in the ass to get there?

7 minutes farther from grand central than YS on the Hudson line. I'd have to experiment with Google maps a bit but while slightly worse than a location near YS from a transportation point of view I think this would still be better than Queens for most people.

Biggest problem I see is parking. I doubt that there is enough room on site.I think they would have to build something across Broadway or even across the river.Biggest thing in favor of this location from my point of view is that it could potentially have some pretty nice views.

Oh yeah, and it would be walking distance from my apartment.

We should start the South Ferry Ultras. A SG that takes the 1 train to the match, we'll gather in the first 5 cars ;-)
I'm still holding out hope for the YS site, but this one wouldn't be that bad. I just checked the Trip Planner on the MTA web page it would take about 15 minutes more to get to Columbia. A bit tedious, but definitely doable.

The article states 17,000 stadium currently. Which obviously isn't the tiny soccer site on the right.
So it would mean tearing down the 'American' football stadium and then sharing the new stadium with the college for both their football teams.

image.jpg