Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Well if they kept quiet, they're not going to start talking now.
And isn't that a big reason we have a new club President? I feel like as much as I respect Pernetti (i know I'm in the minority there), a big reason for his ousting was how public the situation was behind the scenes. If Glick is doing his job right, we won't know anything until we absolutely have to; and honestly after all the BS we see with the NYK, NYJ, NYM and the other media frenzied teams in this city I prefer this strategy any day.

I was looking at a map of Queens the other day and I realized that Cavalry and New Cavalry Cemeteries would make a great spot to build on. I know you are all saying "Poltergeist, man!" but how about if we elevate it like if it was over a train yard or water? The rotting corpses of our ancestors won't mind will they? We can even do theme nights like "Raise the Dead Night" where you come dressed as your favorite person interred in the cemetery.
some would say the "Dead" folks in the cemetery might even be "Grateful" to have some company.

Could the area next to the 145th st bridge, near mill pond park, fit a stadium ?

I can not possibly say this any more emphatically: Any site that has the word "Park" in its name, or is owned/maintained by the NYC Parks Department AND is big enough to hold a stadium is a complete non-starter. There is simply no way that any park area will be used for a stadium unless an equal and nearby amount of land is dedicated to park space. And if there was a similar plot of land nearby that could be made into a stadium, they'd just do it there.

I can not possibly say this any more emphatically: Any site that has the word "Park" in its name, or is owned/maintained by the NYC Parks Department AND is big enough to hold a stadium is a complete non-starter. There is simply no way that any park area will be used for a stadium unless an equal and nearby amount of land is dedicated to park space. And if there was a similar plot of land nearby that could be made into a stadium, they'd just do it there.

And as much as I want a stadium deal done, I agree with this. Shouldn't be using existing park land for a new stadium. They'll find something.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
And as much as I want a stadium deal done, I agree with this. Shouldn't be using existing park land for a new stadium. They'll find something.
I agree that it won't happen anytime soon, but I disagree that it shouldn't. Although important and necessary (and believe me, I use them more than most), parks are somewhat underutilized and an inefficient use of space. The city could sell off 25% of Central Park to CFG and other private entities, make mad money to spend on other public services (education or whatever people think is most important), and still more or less preserve the park-going experience as it is today.

But let's start small and just think about the stadium. Get rid of the Central Park Zoo to make way for it. There are like four other zoos in the city that people can visit instead. Plus they are anachronistic and inhumane. And if we move the proposed site from Central Park to some other part of the city, all of this is even more feasible. Again, CFG would be paying for all of this, not the public, so leave that out and just think about how this idea is actually makes sense logistically (although not politically).

Reactions: Goodfella
I agree that it won't happen anytime soon, but I disagree that it shouldn't. Although important and necessary (and believe me, I use them more than most), parks are somewhat underutilized and an inefficient use of space. The city could sell off 25% of Central Park to CFG and other private entities, make mad money to spend on other public services (education or whatever people think is most important), and still more or less preserve the park-going experience as it is today.

But let's start small and just think about the stadium. Get rid of the Central Park Zoo to make way for it. There are like four other zoos in the city that people can visit instead. Plus they are anachronistic and inhumane. And if we move the proposed site from Central Park to some other part of the city, all of this is even more feasible. Again, CFG would be paying for all of this, not the public, so leave that out and just think about how this idea is actually makes sense logistically (although not politically).

There is literally zero chance of any of central park being sold. We would have a better shot at them knocking down the freedom tower. Thats how far out you are with this nonsense. Welcome to my ignore. I can't believe I even read that.

A part of me is wondering if the team is waiting to see where season tickets level off before even looking at where to buy land.

If you expected 10k you'd buy a smaller plot than if you expect 20k STH.

There is literally zero chance of any of central park being sold. We would have a better shot at them knocking down the freedom tower. Thats how far out you are with this nonsense. Welcome to my ignore. I can't believe I even read that.
It's nonsense now, but I predict that the consensus opinion will change over time.

It's nonsense now, but I predict that the consensus opinion will change over time.
you're either a troll or the most delusional person on the planet.

Hahah, a stadium in Central Park. Now I've read it all.

A stadium floating in the middle of the Long Island Sound is more likely to happen than one in Central Park.

Hahah, a stadium in Central Park. Now I've read it all.

A stadium floating in the middle of the Long Island Sound is more likely to happen than one in Central Park.
Thats not the first time on this thread that that has been proposed. And even worse, the idea of a floating stadium has been seriously proposed too.
dumpster-fire.gif