• Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Boom! Problems solved.

singapore_floating_stadium_011.jpg

crusium.jpg

It can sail around Manhattan during the game. If NYCFC loses, we all get thrown overboard.

crusium.jpg

It can sail around Manhattan during the game. If NYCFC loses, we all get thrown overboard.

Are you serious???? This is absolutely ridiculous. You obviously know nothing about stadium OR cruise ship construction. That picture is completely unrealistic.

The field would need to be further back towards the aft of the ship for this to work.

Now that it's confirmed we will be playing in a cruise ship stadium, is anyone else worried that it will make it very easy to relocate the franchise? If the team gets too good, what's to stop them from sailing to Manchester?????

Brilliant

Reactions: adam
I have to agree with this. Seems like they have nothing identified or any sort of plan.

I hope that I am completely wrong on this but I have little faith in this franchise or believe anything the front office says.

After the claims made by the front office to being an authentic team and not being a marketing trick for Manchester City and then folllowing up with the uniform debacle, Lampardgate, club officials staying quiet about this for days after, continuing with tweets about Lampard's continued success for MCFC, an Executive leaving right before the start of the season, no 3rd DP to make up for choosing not have Lampard at the start of the season, stadium policies on SGs and No Stadium Plan has left me pessasmistic to anything they say or do.

I may be too critical of every move they make, but as a paying customer I feel like I do have a right to do so. Again, I hope I'm wrong about the stadium plan but I do have serious doubts.

What time of day is the LIE accessible to anything?. manhattan is to expensive, the 9.2 acre mudpit site was bought for $630 million years ago.The team will build in the bronx as originally planned or else build closer to the STH and future $. That would mean Yonkers or New Rochelle or White Plains , something along the New haven or Harlem lines. Long Island is dead as far as sports fans. MLS wants families and thats not Brooklyn. Queens is out of the way for Westchester and Fairfield county fans. Unless they build it on floating docks and move it from borough to borough

All great points. I live in Greenpoint, it would be a dream come true.

but it won't happen for all the reasons you just mentioned. I still think Flushing Meadows has a shot because the area they described using is basically unoccupied anyway.

I go there every year to the Maker's Faire and seldom is it kept in good condition.

Last edited:
They did lay in some sod last night, didn't they? Parts of the basepaths were covered; so there must have been sod. If there were no sod, then the pitch would have been partly on the infield dirt, as it was when the Cosmos played there.

2013-01-02-136357190th9138.jpg
The part of the infield on the pitch was sodded. The field itself looked to be in much better shape than it was for the first 2 games. The warmer weather is finally kicking in!

Reactions: Goodfella
The team will build in the bronx as originally planned or else build closer to the STH and future $.

I really hope you're right. The Bronx near Yankee Stadium is the most ideal location. But considering that politics killed the deal and we haven't heard any rumors about the new stadium, I'm starting to get a little worried about the stability of this team. I certainly don't want them to just settle next to Aqueduct, which is way too far from the city center

Reactions: northernburbs
I really hope you're right. The Bronx near Yankee Stadium is the most ideal location. But considering that politics killed the deal and we haven't heard any rumors about the new stadium, I'm starting to get a little worried about the stability of this team. I certainly don't want them to just settle next to Aqueduct, which is way too far from the city center
In the world of high stakes politics, finance and real estate silence is Golden..... Nothing is going to be announced now until it is basically a done deal.