Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Bertha Lewis is a founding member of Working Families Party who have ever increasing influence in NYC politics. Not a lot of people showed up to this but don’t underestimate the influence that NIMBYs can have on local politics.

Was planning to go to the Home game against DC because I wanted to watch our boys crush the living daylights out of them. Then I noticed the game is at RBA and now I don’t wanna go… we really need our own stadium
giphy.gif

Picture above: our homeless team hitch hiking between our 5 “home” stadiums

Last edited:
Same story every single year: "Hope to have an announcement by the end of the year!"

I guess this time the only difference is they hope to have an update by the end of the year, not even an announcement.

we usually hear it from Sims. Soriano saying it might mean more?

also, it's a nice update to have. they aren't saying it as a fan gotcha. they say it cause they really think it. it's not their fault the plans get scuttled for one reason or another. first it was debozo.. then the yankees parking spots. the statement doesn't guarantee anything, but for me at least, it's a glimmer of hope that could end up being a very nice xmas gift...

Has the club or anyone officially authorized to speak for it ever said anything this direct before on the record? [Assuming this quote is real and accurate].
My sense is that previous statements have been either much more vague (eg, "soon" or "before too long") or off the record, anonymous sources.
In 2018, I spoke to Patricof at an event and he told me he he hoped to make an announcement by the end of the year before he left. But that was semi, sort of in confidence. There was no corresponding public statement to that effect at the time.

Has the club or anyone officially authorized to speak for it ever said anything this direct before on the record? [Assuming this quote is real and accurate].
My sense is that previous statements have been either much more vague (eg, "soon" or "before too long") or off the record, anonymous sources.
In 2018, I spoke to Patricof at an event and he told me he he hoped to make an announcement by the end of the year before he left. But that was semi, sort of in confidence. There was no corresponding public statement to that effect at the time.

i don't think anybody from the office with any authority has given us an actual time deadline like soriano (if the quote is correct, as you said). the most we've gotten was from sims who said things like "it's our top priority" and "we've made significant progress" and "we're looking at a few different sites" or something along those lines.

i could be wrong. but i cannot recall ever getting an actual date from the club. i think we're mixing what the club says with what we're speculating based on rumors and other well, researched information (thanks SoupInNYC SoupInNYC !) we've been able to digest.

Reactions: SoupInNYC