Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Has the club or anyone officially authorized to speak for it ever said anything this direct before on the record? [Assuming this quote is real and accurate].
My sense is that previous statements have been either much more vague (eg, "soon" or "before too long") or off the record, anonymous sources.
In 2018, I spoke to Patricof at an event and he told me he he hoped to make an announcement by the end of the year before he left. But that was semi, sort of in confidence. There was no corresponding public statement to that effect at the time.
Unless you're counting Randy Levine late last spring. But I'm not sure he counts as "the club" and I doubt he was "officially authorized to speak for it". We've heard that the club has not been happy with him making public statements about the stadium in the past.

Unless you're counting Randy Levine late last spring. But I'm not sure he counts as "the club" and I doubt he was "officially authorized to speak for it". We've heard that the club has not been happy with him making public statements about the stadium in the past.
Yeah I wouldn't count Levine. I'd limit this circle to Sims, Patricof, Soriano or an official club press release. That Soriano apparently said this is then, IMO, slightly more solid and interesting than anything we've gotten before. Still a ways away from real.

With SoupNotInNYC I feel we are much more in the dark than before. Still very appreciative of the work SoupInNYC SoupInNYC put into his research, especially as a passion project. Makes the whole thing seem even more endless without him.
To be honest, since leaving NYC, there's only been one meeting that I have wanted to attend that I haven't been able to, and nothing was stated on that agenda as going to have any relevant information (the amount of time I've spent attending meetings where there has been absolutely zero stadium related info is quite high).

I checked the Sports Business Journal and there was a clip on there from a panel discussion Soriano was on, but it was only 6:24 long and the subject of a stadium wasn't on it. Nothing new on the SBJ YouTube page yet.

For him to say something like that is pretty encouraging, though. That's basically straight from the top. I don't think he'd stick his neck out like that unless negotiations were in the very late stages.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think it’s worth noting that when the club gives updates through publications like the Athletic or ESPN they’re talking to fans. When they do it through SBJ they’re talking to potential investors. I don’t think it means much, but again I think it’s something that is worth noting.

I love this from Reddit:
A stadium in which New York City FC has at some point played in as the home team has hosted a playoff match every year since 2010. RBA hosted Red Bulls playoff matches from 2010-18, and there was overlap with Yankee Stadium hosting matches in 2016, 17, and 18. Banc of California Stadium hosted playoff matches for LAFC in 2018 and 19, and Citi Field hosted a playoff match for NYCFC in 2019 as well. 2020 was the closest the streak came to breaking, but UCONN’s Rentschler Field (which NYCFC has used as a home stadium in MLS Regular Season play in 2017 as well as CCL play this year) hosted a Toronto FC match. Yankee Stadium hosted a match last year, and now we may see three former NYCFC home locales: Red Bull Arena, The Banc, and Citi Field (none of which are the Pigeons’ original, official home) host matches in the first two rounds!

I know public transportation is an absolute must, but I also love the idea of having a parking lot where people can tailgate. That adds a lot to the whole experience. Yankee Stadium obviously doesn't offer that which makes Citi Field a better place for match in my book.

I emailed my rep saying how awesome Citi is and how much better Armark is vs legends management. Everyone else should too...

citi's "legends" level food is very poor in comparison to yankee stadium's legends buffet. everything else - yea i agree.

Reactions: Kjbert