Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Everything you all said is spot on like atmosphere, sightlines at citi, food etc...The biggest take away for me that Queens is the better location for a stadium is how many tickets they sold in 5 days. We were all a bit worried what attendance would look like on short notice, but there was plenty of people there. The demographics along the 7 line really play into that. I am not so sure we would have gotten the same crowd in the BX with 5 days notice.
I know public transportation is an absolute must, but I also love the idea of having a parking lot where people can tailgate. That adds a lot to the whole experience. Yankee Stadium obviously doesn't offer that which makes Citi Field a better place for match in my book.
There is essentially the same public transportation for Willets Point as there is Yankees Stadium. LIRR = Metro North. 7 Train = 4 train. We are just one subway line short, but Citi has parking which is beneficial for many people and families as well.

On top of all this we are forgetting that the iron triangle is about to be developed. Imagine all the bar and restaurant options before matches! That would be so far down the road, but I've got time! (I hope...)

Reactions: Kenny and adam
citi's "legends" level food is very poor in comparison to yankee stadium's legends buffet. everything else - yea i agree.
Strongly Agree. As my mother said about the Pitchside/Legends suite/buffer experience at Citi Field "this food is terrible."
My heart breaks for the 1%ers.

As much as I love the convenience of my commute to watch NYCFC at Yankee Stadium, I always leave Citi feeling like overall the experience is much better. Especially when purchasing food. (although at Citi they have never honored my STH discount card)
My friend who has attended a number of games with me also commented last night how much better Citi is over YS. I wish it weren’t so, and I have enjoyed many games at “the stadium” but now I feel that YS kind of sucks.

My heart breaks for the 1%ers.
Agreed, Legends its self has good food, but the rest of the stadium is crap. My doorman used to work for legends and he told me he doesnt eat when he goes to yankee games. He has seen shit that would scare you.

• Wow
Reactions: adam
I feel like when I would bring up Queens as a location in the early days of this thread I’d get mowed down by the Hudson Valley & Manhattan ppl as to why Bronx is better. I’m loving this paradigm shift, it’s better than winning an argument with the wife. Ya’ll giving me the warm and fuzzies. Now let’s hope the club agrees too.

I feel like when I would bring up Queens as a location in the early days of this thread I’d get mowed down by the Hudson Valley & Manhattan ppl as to why Bronx is better. I’m loving this paradigm shift, it’s better than winning an argument with the wife. Ya’ll giving me the warm and fuzzies. Now let’s hope the club agrees too.
It's amazing how much and how fast the consensus shifted.

One more vote / reason for Queens.

I would love to run an ongoing alternative to tailgating where a group meets at a different relatively close Queens food destination for pre-game. I'm happy to run a full on Flushing street food tour. Loads of locations to consider.

Speaking as someone who lives in the Hudson Valley (Rockland) the drive to Citi Field probably adds 10 minutes but it also really depends on what traffic is like. Last night took me under an hour door to door. Tolls are basically about the same if I take the GWB to YS or the TZ Bridge & Whitestone to CF. Parking is about the same too. All in all, CF is just a better experience.

This Westchester guy has always been happy with Citi Field. It's not much farther from where I am in Bronxville.

There are places to tailgate near Yankee Stadium, but it's not as easy or obvious, so there is no tradition.

Momentum was meant more along the lines of towards HRY or WP. Not necessarily progress. They’ve been working Moya and the mayors office hard the last several months and even Hochul.

Hope to have more than that to share in the near future
When I heard Related's name pop up in regards to Harlem River Yards, my ears twitched. If they're involved in any serious way, it will get done. Heavy hitters don't come any heavier.

Do we have any idea where they are in this, Soups? And are Cohen and the Mets sniffing around?

Reactions: Kjbert
I flew down from lower Westchester. Like quicker than any trip to Yankee stadium on the weekends.

When I heard Related's name pop up in regards to Harlem River Yards, my ears twitched. If they're involved in any serious way, it will get done. Heavy hitters don't come any heavier.

Do we have any idea where they are in this, Soups? And are Cohen and the Mets sniffing around?
Related is involved in both locations. I don't know anything in regards to Cohen and the Mets being involved at all.

I think we need to think this over. Last nights game was going to be an atmosphere because I think only real fans would show up on a rainy Monday evening for a playoff game. Would it be another regular weekday rainy game I doubt it many would come come. Yesterday we left with such a good feeling because we were surrounded by fans that love the team and were there to cheer the team. The Bronx is still the best option - if it wasn’t for the Yankees game we could have gotten more people in the seats on rainy Monday evening.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
Related is involved in both locations. I don't know anything in regards to Cohen and the Mets being involved at all.
How deeply is Related in -- do we know? In other words, would a stadium at Willets Point or HRY be fully folded into their development projects with them as a full partner? Or would they just be a leaseholder?

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
The developers are a joint venture of Related and Sterling Equities. The City (EDC) will be leasing the land to them.
Right, i got that part, which is why I ask the question. These deals can get super complicated (obviously), but it could make a big difference if Related has an ownership stake in the stadium rather than the franchise building it on our own with a ground lease from Related. One less layer, so to speak.

There's also a path to structuring the deal as a public/private partnership. That would be even more complicated in some ways, but it could be the way to go: City Football Stadium as the home to NYCFC (and maybe Gotham FC, if we can bring them in) with additional use as a public facility for youth programs and whatnot.

I have no idea what's actually going on, of course. Just thinking out loud. But I've seen what can happen with GlobalFoundries. Everyone got rowing in the same direction, and before you knew it there was a gigantic chip fab in Luther Forest on the spot where we used to go skinny dipping in the old Mechanicville swimming hole.

Reactions: Kenny
I think we need to think this over. Last nights game was going to be an atmosphere because I think only real fans would show up on a rainy Monday evening for a playoff game. Would it be another regular weekday rainy game I doubt it many would come come. Yesterday we left with such a good feeling because we were surrounded by fans that love the team and were there to cheer the team. The Bronx is still the best option - if it wasn’t for the Yankees game we could have gotten more people in the seats on rainy Monday evening.
Not getting 18 in the Bronx in the rain on 5 days location notice.

I’m fine either way on a new stadium as long as armark does the food. Queens gets much better staff too.