Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Getting to Yankee Stadium by train is not at all convenient for people who live on the New Haven or Harlem lines. So not at all convenient plus a few stops is even more not at all convenient.
Well, to be fair, ridership for NYCFC in MNR territory is relatively slim. And while it's nice to be able to get there (and not have to play to go from 125th St. to YS- 153rd, regardless of the line you came in on), it's going to be the last demographic the team needs to cater to. That said, building a stadium in the Bronx is going to be the absolute best CFG can do for its fans -- and the most convenient for MNR riders and subway riders alike.

This site is less difficult from the East Side of Manhattan than people think. Taking Metro North from Grand Central is just 20 minutes and from Harlem 125th street is just 10.

But, no one's going to want to shell out an extra $13 round-trip to ride it, if they already have a monthly Metrocard. Hell, that's almost the price of admission for most STHs.

Getting to Yankee Stadium by train is not at all convenient for people who live on the New Haven or Harlem lines. So not at all convenient plus a few stops is even more not at all convenient.

But most games are weekend games -- MNR cross-honors tickets and getting across Westchester on a Saturday or Sunday is usually very quick. Why not drive to Tarrytown or a rivertown and just jump on a train from there? It'd take an hour or less most games, I'd assume.

But most games are weekend games -- MNR cross-honors tickets and getting across Westchester on a Saturday or Sunday is usually very quick. Why not drive to Tarrytown or a rivertown and just jump on a train from there? It'd take an hour or less most games, I'd assume.

I then have to drive home after drinking instead of just getting a cab home from a harlem line stop

And they get to circumvent property tax - since it is Columbia's tax exempt land. I could see that being enticing for CFG. If there is one thing that people with a lot of money to burn like - it's another tax break to give them more money to burn.
If there's one thing people with not a lot of money like, it's also tax breaks.

View attachment 2509
This was tweeted out by a local fan favorite Leo Glickman.

this is why NYC should do away with community boards and all other obstacles to growth.
I read a times article a few weeks back and some women on the city council objected to a pier stadium because she was not involved from the beginning(read no pay-off). Let the property owners who are permanent and not renters who are transient decide the fate of neighborhoods by being on the boards.

Reactions: Kjbert
So I thought there was a general consensus to be happy if the stadium was in the 5 boroughs . Now I know this isn't super likely to actually happen( The Columbia thing not being in the 5 in general) but if it does it meets that requirement , yet we're all bitching anyway?
People who find the location inconvenient are bitching.
Please use the term 'all' sparingly. One thing I hate is when someone generalizes an entire group based on two peoples opinion.

this is why NYC should do away with community boards and all other obstacles to growth.
Let the property owners who are permanent and not renters who are transient decide the fate of neighborhoods by being on the boards.
I've rented my UWS apartment for the last 35 years. You're going to ask my landlord...who doesn't live anywhere near here...for HIS opinion?!?

Clearly you are from the burbs.