Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's a great location for a Metro-North commuter, like myself, but I am having a hard time getting behind it.

We currently have so many great places outside of the stadium to grab food, beer, and meet up with friends before the games that it'd be hard to give that up. If you put the stadium at the Columbia Sports Complex, you lose so much of that. And let's face it, the camaraderie/social aspect of being a supporter or season ticket holder is an enormous part of a lot of people's fan experience.

I'd much rather sacrifice a little bit of a longer commute to a stadium for a better game day experience.

Sorry to disagree, but this is not a great location for the overwhelming majority of MetroNorth commuters on the Harlem and New Haven lines. There's no transportation infrastructure in this area to handle big crowds.

This site can only work if the whole site is leveled to include a LOT of parking.

I'm in New Rochelle and drive to the games, so this is not the worst thing in the world for me, but I think very bad for most people and the club.

IMO this story is just a shot across the bow of the GAL elevator factory owner and his reportedly astronomical asking price...... Yankees and CFG just letting him know that there are other options. Once he sees the potential of his "golden parachute retirement payment" disappearing he'll probably see the light of day and reach a settlement agreeable to all.......... Just my .02.....

YVwP1UF.gif

Sorry to disagree, but this is not a great location for the overwhelming majority of MetroNorth commuters on the Harlem and New Haven lines. There's no transportation infrastructure in this area to handle big crowds.

This site can only work if the whole site is leveled to include a LOT of parking.

I'm in New Rochelle and drive to the games, so this is not the worst thing in the world for me, but I think very bad for most people and the club.
It's just a few stops past Yankee Stadium. It'd literally add 15 minutes round trip.

Reactions: Kjbert and DeGrozz
I didn't say we could build elsewhere in Manhattan. I didn't say Aqueduct was better. I didn't say we had a better option. This could be the best option. That doesn't mean it's not abysmal . I did say it is the least accessible spot in Manhattan. READ and don't argue with straw man points I didn't make.
Then you list subway stations and a metro north station (across a river) to claim the area is accessible.
Guess what, Antarctica has a few dozen airports. That doesn't make it accessible.
READ. Nobody has said the subway doesn't go there. They have argued it takes a long time from Brooklyn, Queens, the East side of Manhattan and much of the Bronx. Which it does. That's what makes it unaccessible. Longer than any other spot in Manhattan, which eliminates the main benefit of being in Manhattan, which is that almost the entire subway system is designed to get people between Manhattan and the other boroughs. And again. There's no reason to think this is happening. The premise of article is not at all supported by its facts.
And I'm done. I don't engage with bad faith straw men arguments.
Cheers.

Antarctica is accessible (you should look into it, it is accessible during the summer months south of the equator) you are comparing a region that doesn't even have a professional sports team to one that does, if anything they will have penguins playing hockey first, than a professional soccer team....it makes no sense. And the fact that there is public transportation near this location (Baker Field) does not make it inaccessible, if anything it creates a frustration/annoyance for those folks that don't live near the 1/A/Metro North, as they would only have a longer commute, but it's not inaccessible.

You are correct to think this is not happening, but if it did, remember it's not inaccessible

Reactions: Goodfella
It's just a few stops past Yankee Stadium. It'd literally add 15 minutes round trip.
Getting to Yankee Stadium by train is not at all convenient for people who live on the New Haven or Harlem lines. So not at all convenient plus a few stops is even more not at all convenient.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I've refrained from adding my complaint about the location to the ever growing pile, because I hate how everyone whines about locations that aren't particularly convenient for them, but I cannot not respond to this.

This location is easily the least accessible spot in Manhattan, and much less accessible and centrally located than northern Brooklyn, western Queens, or various other non-Manhattan spots. So to say that, "hey, it's Manhattan, that's great" is way off the mark. And there are garages nearby but they have nowhere near the necessary capacity.

This spot is one and one-half hours from my home in western central Queens via public transport on a weekday in rush hour. 1.5 hours Coming home on a Saturday or Sunday night will be easily 2 hours plus. This even though I'm less than 11 miles away. Two hours to go 11 miles. This location is a disaster.

Coming from western queens and being a yankees fan, i can attest to this! I still maintain that queens is the most ideal location for NYC
Getting to queens from the bronx is just as accessible as getting to the bronx from queens
From Manhattan its super easy
From Brooklyn, its just as convenient or inconvenient as the bronx
From the area north of the bronx, theres 3 bridges into queens
From SI....Meh, is anything convenient lol

Plus I've stated this before, being a new team, what if (yes what if, insert negative trolling comment) the Cosmos make the move into MLS (which is their stated destination) and queens or even belmont (which is on the nassau queens border)
This has the potential to attract many supporters from queens, LI or even BK (as they have a game or games in BK)

Last edited:
This just in from...facebook? That's where we get out news from Bleacher Report?

http://bleacherreport.com/new-york-city-fc
https://www.facebook.com/ydanis.rodriguez.1/posts/1607284166224699?fref=nf

If you read the comments - the Councilman's attorney is a member of the Borough Boys...you can't make up this hate. :rolleyes:

Ydanis Rodriguez
1 hr ·
COUNCILMAN RODRIGUEZ REACTS TO SPECULATION SURROUNDING NEWLY PROPOSED
NYCFC SOCCER STADIUM AT BAKER'S FIELD

New York, NY- The news that broke yesterday in the New York Times about a possible new soccer stadium in the Inwood section of my district is deeply troubling, and not a good beginning for any possible development project. Any group with a real intention to develop any possible project should start by engaging the surrounding community that will be directly impacted by the proposal and its elected leaders. For years community residents in this area have worked hard to ensure that the quality of life in this area is maintained and I believe that in order to preserve and build upon their gains, community engagement in this process is of utmost importance. I would like to believe that is mere speculation as neither the community nor myself, as the Council Member who is privileged to represent the area, has been informed of any such proposal.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Ydanis Rodriguez
1 hr ·
COUNCILMAN RODRIGUEZ REACTS TO SPECULATION SURROUNDING NEWLY PROPOSED
NYCFC SOCCER STADIUM AT BAKER'S FIELD
For years community residents in this area have worked hard to ensure that the quality of life in this area is maintained

This clown has stood by while club after club opened up in the 'hood with thumping music, overflow traffic conditions, etc. He's just looking for a piece of the pie

Goodfella Goodfella leilanikali420 leilanikali420

Yeah he wants a piece, but funny thing about the Columbia site, It's PRIVIATE. It's Columbia's to do with as they please.

And they get to circumvent property tax - since it is Columbia's tax exempt land. I could see that being enticing for CFG. If there is one thing that people with a lot of money to burn like - it's another tax break to give them more money to burn.

Personally i think that i would contemplate my season tickets (or at least attending each game) if its that far in Bakers Field!
My subway commute is already close to 2 hours (or more on a sunday night with all the construction going on).

This site is less difficult from the East Side of Manhattan than people think. Taking Metro North from Grand Central is just 20 minutes and from Harlem 125th street is just 10.

Reactions: Kjbert
the money is not the issue in this or in any other areas that are thought about. Its the red tape and political reaction that delays everything. This is NYC its soooo difficult to get anything approved.