Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Well, you can be replaced as a tennant (eviction etc...) however, the guy who owns the land cant. Reguardless of where he lives, he owns the land/building so he has the right to decide upon its and the communities fate. All because he owns and you dont

While we're at it, only landowners should be able to vote and send their children to school!

The nearest Hudson line station to me is Yonkers, which is a 9.1 mile drive. Baker Field Complex is 11.7 miles. Like I said, this will work fine for me if there is proper parking, but the roadway infrastructure will not handle proper parking as it exists and the train options are pretty crappy for most people who live in the city. The 1 and the A are brutally slow when they go local.

there is room for multi level parking to be built across the street from the complex on the Broadway side. It's currently a ground level opne lot used by hospital employees. Also quite a few industrial lots along the river/10th Avenue that have possibilities. Let's see where this goes, if anywhere. Even though I live across the street, I still prefer the GAL site as a happy medium for all as I have no complaints with YS

...I still prefer the GAL site as a happy medium for all as I have no complaints with YS
That to me is where I believe CFG/Yankees should concentrate on - maximizing the fan base, that will encompass, not only the fans within the city, but Northern New Jersey, Upstate NY, Connecticut and Long Island, and the South Bronx will do just that! As someone has already stated, the infrastructure is there, not to mention the residence have been accustomed to, for decades, the influx of thousands of visitors to their neighborhood.

Last edited:
Glickman coincincidentally is Ydanis Rodriguez's attorney:

"Leo Glickman, an attorney for Mr. Rodriguez and Mr. McClain, said the city’s handling of the Occupy Wall Street protest was “deeply troubling.”

http://observer.com/2015/03/councilman-arrested-at-occupy-wall-street-donates-his-settlement-cash/

Interesting timing for the Councilman's statement, no? Perhaps goaded on by the ever zealous conspiracy theory loving Cosmos fan?

Attorneys are awesome, but no politician worth is salt is having his attorney write his statement about the stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
Attorneys are awesome, but no politician worth is salt is having his attorney write his statement about the stadium.
didn't say he wrote it but guarantee without Glickman in his ear, Ydanis doesn't make a statement about it. Dude never shows his face at that end of the neighborhood

didn't say he wrote it but guarantee without Glickman in his ear, Ydanis doesn't make a statement about it. Dude never shows his face at that end of the neighborhood
Someone, anyone who is respectable and (lets be real here) Latino can run for that seat, now get someone to back you and promise to bring jobs and money to Inwood and Washington Heights WITHOUT gentrifying it will win that seat.

Glickman coincincidentally is Ydanis Rodriguez's attorney:

"Leo Glickman, an attorney for Mr. Rodriguez and Mr. McClain, said the city’s handling of the Occupy Wall Street protest was “deeply troubling.”

http://observer.com/2015/03/councilman-arrested-at-occupy-wall-street-donates-his-settlement-cash/

Interesting timing for the Councilman's statement, no? Perhaps goaded on by the ever zealous conspiracy theory loving Cosmos fan?

I cant believe any of the protesters got money in a settlement.

So you think only taxpayers should be allowed to vote?
It's off topic BUT I was being facetious but the more I think of it, it has its merits.

First I'd define taxpayers as those who are employed / have taxable income (so just paying something like sales tax wouldn't qualify).

You'd open up new segments of the population to voting that you'd have to now campaign and cater to. First, minors (that work) could now vote. Secondly, you wouldn't have to be a citizen to vote (since any immigrant or non-citizen who earned income in the U.S. and paid taxes on it could vote).

Of course the latter would totally refine what citizenship and that's a different discussion all together.

It's off topic BUT I was being facetious but the more I think of it, it has its merits.

First I'd define taxpayers as those who are employed / have taxable income (so just paying something like sales tax wouldn't qualify).

You'd open up new segments of the population to voting that you'd have to now campaign and cater to. First, minors (that work) could now vote. Secondly, you wouldn't have to be a citizen to vote (since any immigrant or non-citizen who earned income in the U.S. and paid taxes on it could vote).

Of course the latter would totally refine what citizenship and that's a different discussion all together.

I can't believe I gave you an opportunity to walk that comment back and you just kept strolling down that road. Screw the elderly, screw the poor and let's give a vote to a four-year old who does part-time modeling for the JC Penney catalog!

Did I just close the thread or what?

I can't believe I gave you an opportunity to walk that comment back and you just kept strolling down that road. Screw the elderly, screw the poor and let's give a vote to a four-year old who does part-time modeling for the JC Penney catalog!

Did I just close the thread or what?
People with an income should vote.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
So wait ... we are building a new stadium out of JC Penney Catalogs ... I feel like that will be flimsy - but do to it's disassemble re-assemble/biodegradeable nature maybe the city will pass it.

as far as voting goes ... we have an interesting conundrum with regards to voting in this country - Nearly 6 million people in this country cannot vote do to current or previous felony charges - I can totally understand people in prison not being able to vote . but once you've been "reformed" by our brilliant justice system I'd assume you should be able to go back to being a citizen. This is only the case in a few states. As a result roughly 1 in 13 african american males cannot vote in state or federal elections.

I feel like all 6 million of these folks would have voted in candidates more likely to get a stadium built and for that reason we should reform these laws.

So ... no new news on the stadium front ... I'm cool with Columbia University - it looks pretty, but i'd still prefer a spot near Yankee Stadium

Reactions: TommyM
Someone, anyone who is respectable and (lets be real here) Latino can run for that seat, now get someone to back you and promise to bring jobs and money to Inwood and Washington Heights WITHOUT gentrifying it will win that seat.
too later for the "WITHOUT

And we wonder where the racist fans at the NYCFC games are... looking at it right here in this thread.

All of these 'taxpayer' ideas are talking points for lets only let white people and the model minority asians vote and the heck with the black and latinos in this country.

If Columbia wants it, Columbia will get it. They have more money than Microsoft.

i think it comes down to this. So if NYCFC seriously pitches them the idea and columbia likes the money involved its a done deal.