Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
man i come to this thread for discussion on the stadium not taxes.

take it to the the debate desk thread
Yeah, these forums have really fallen apart with this losing streak. Bunch of idiots supporting this team it seems. It was nice when they were all confined to facebook and twitter, but that crap has found it's way onto here.

Reactions: Kjbert
i think it comes down to this. So if NYCFC seriously pitches them the idea and columbia likes the money involved its a done deal.
not that simple. zoning and community board approval and I would anticipate significant resistance in the community. Columbia had to increase the available hours of their facilities to the community and build public access river walk up here when they added their most recent building

not that simple. zoning and community board approval and I would anticipate significant resistance in the community. Columbia had to increase the available hours of their facilities to the community and build public access river walk up here when they added their most recent building

I was under impression that it was still a private area and columbia could do as they please since its not really expanding i think just bringing that stadium down and then build a new in the exact same place. but you are correct the red tape will probably make it difficult, just like anything in this city.

The community doesn't matter when there's money involved. Especially in NYC.

I was under impression that it was still a private area and columbia could do as they please since its not really expanding i think just bringing that stadium down and then build a new in the exact same place. but you are correct the red tape will probably make it difficult, just like anything in this city.
yeah just owning the land doesn't allow you to build whatever you want. Up ther might have an easier time getting what they want through

Reactions: TommyM
Goodfella Goodfella Fantazma Fantazma Doesn't It already being a stadium mean it is Zoned for an area. I can see a deal close to Barclays center or Yankee Stadium being what they would offer. And have open to the City for PAL.

Goodfella Goodfella Fantazma Fantazma Doesn't It already being a stadium mean it is Zoned for an area. I can see a deal close to Barclays center or Yankee Stadium being what they would offer. And have open to the City for PAL.

you might be right. but the overflow you get from a Major League soccer team with 17 home dates added to the existing college football schedule won't go through without a fight

Reactions: TommyM
If anyone is up for a 'test run' at the possible location, I'll be attedning the NYRBII game there on May 17th at 7pm vs Charleston Battery. Happy to meet for a pint and introduce you to one of the nearby establishments. Come On, Battery!

you might be right. but the overflow you get from a Major League soccer team with 17 home dates added to the existing college football schedule won't go through without a fight
i think the football team uses the stadium 6 times or so per season. i dont know if they use it for other things like track or stuff like that during the year.

i think the football team uses the stadium 6 times or so per season. i dont know if they use it for other things like track or stuff like that during the year.
It's used for 5-6 football games, women's lacrosse and field hockey and track events. And the track is open to the public every evening M-F

i think it comes down to this. So if NYCFC seriously pitches them the idea and columbia likes the money involved its a done deal.
Columbia wouldn't use public funds right? I'm guessing since they're a private school they'd pay out of pocket (alumni donations and tuition) in addition tomfunds from CFG's coffers?