Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Apparently a stadium is okay (e.g. CitiField and the tennis center). This has led to speculation that we would build a stadium there and pay related fees that would subsidize Willets Point instead.
You need approval via state legislation to build anything commercial on park land in New York state. Such approval was given for Shea, and CitiField was built under the same authorization. The Tennis center was the product of separate legislation.
The soccer stadium speculation is based on an interpretation of the original Shea legislation that is, let's say, generous. Paraphrasing very loosely from memory, the original legislation says you can build a stadium and facilities related and necessary to the stadium. It doesn't specifically limit it to one stadium, but it's pretty clearly understood that only one was contemplated. But if you take the partial ambiguity and run with it, you can try to build another stadium.
It could work, but it would also almost inevitably invite litigation that would very likely succeed.

assuming they could build in queens, do you think yankees would allow it? i mean there is a price for everything, so if it was insanely appealing sure they would. but all things being equal would they ever consider a queens location with its association to the mets.

Im from queens and i went to the stadium planning meeting before CFG/Yankees bought the franchise. I was really really hoping it would be a qeens team. Bummed that they were bought by yanksees, not because I appose them , but i think it means they'll never come to queens.

assuming they could build in queens, do you think yankees would allow it? i mean there is a price for everything, so if it was insanely appealing sure they would. but all things being equal would they ever consider a queens location with its association to the mets.

Im from queens and i went to the stadium planning meeting before CFG/Yankees bought the franchise. I was really really hoping it would be a qeens team. Bummed that they were bought by yanksees, not because I appose them , but i think it means they'll never come to queens.
The Yankees only own 20% I think, so while they get a vote they don't get a veto. If all the politics and costs and permissions are ready to get a stadium built in Queens the Yankees aren't going to stop it. Besides, they don't really want to share Yankee Stadium as far as I know. Although depending on how this year worked out they might be more willing next year.

Yankees want revenue. They woukd build it in Boston if it meant more revenue for the Yankees.

Sorry!! ;););)

Just trying to add some humor to this tread that died about 178 pages ago....................
OK, this thread started 587 days ago as of this posting, and it's 179 pages long. So that's about a page every 3 1/4 days. So I figure if it takes us four more years to get a stadium, that's going to be maybe another 449 pages according to my calculations.

Sharpen those pencils folks, we got a lot of posts to work on.

Speaking of filler. How would it impact you if they built the stadium outside of NYC proper ? (Westchester, Long Island, NJ etc)

Speaking of filler. How would it impact you if they built the stadium outside of NYC proper ? (Westchester, Long Island, NJ etc)
7493506_TheOffice_-_Nooooo.gif

Season tickets dropped, would still watch them on tv.

Reactions: CP_Scouse