• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
An even better outcome.

I read the article, the church was offered $1.5 mil for their property (double what they bought for it), the church said no, we want $35 million.

They then haggled back and forth, until OCSC called their bluff and bought another parcel of land on the other side (this is Orlando where there is a lot of land) for $2 mil and the church got nothing. Glad to hear that this was the outcome too.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'd take it one step further. That other parcel you mentioned was actually a gift from the City but in order to remove any further complications, Orlando City SC's owner announced that he was paying for everything and not using city, county or State funds. Miami and NYCFC could learn a lesson from that (although I realize both cost 10x what Orlando cost but CFG is probably worth 100x what OC is worth).

I'd take it one step further. That other parcel you mentioned was actually a gift from the City but in order to remove any further complications, Orlando City SC's owner announced that he was paying for everything and not using city, county or State funds. Miami and NYCFC could learn a lesson from that (although I realize both cost 10x what Orlando cost but CFG is probably worth 100x what OC is worth).
sorry i haven't been reading up and done my homework. in case it has been discussed, apologies. Why can't we just borrow Giants stadium for the time being while we start building one somewhere else, preferably something in Manhattan that is easily accessible from all over the great NY area to max attendance? my dream stadium will be on Hudson river, 100k seat with enough garage space built in....i know I am silly and ignorant...only constructive criticism please

sorry i haven't been reading up and done my homework. in case it has been discussed, apologies. Why can't we just borrow Giants stadium for the time being while we start building one somewhere else, preferably something in Manhattan that is easily accessible from all over the great NY area to max attendance? my dream stadium will be on Hudson river, 100k seat with enough garage space built in....i know I am silly and ignorant...only constructive criticism please
i prefer staying in YS in the interim over Metlife. Infield > Gridiron lines and YS has a cozier feel to ML. ML would feel REALLY empty with 35K, I was in GS for the Red Bull days, just awful. If you think YS security is bad....

They only way that could happen is if another major team was interested like piggy backing the Jets when they wanted the west side...but everyone has a new stadium now, so it's gonna have to be a solo route. The only viable place in Manhattan might have been getting involved with Hudson Yards. Having a mixed use yet soccer-specific stadium in Manhattan would be incredible. It would sell out almost every game and it would be an international draw. The Bronx is convenient and I have no issues with the Bronx, but it's not Manhattan, yet Manhattan isn't happening. So it's gotta be the Bronx, it's the only other centrally located area.

But. NYCFC averaged 28k a game in Yankee stadium. CFG is making money, the Yankees are too. I can't wrap my head around why they would look elsewhere right now. I think they'll give it a few years and see the renew ratio before investing in a 500m SSS. It's just hard to take us seriously playing in a baseball stadium with a crappy looking small field. As far as Met Life goes, don't think that would be beneficial to growing the NYCFC brand.

Last edited:
The Thread should be Stadium Discussion 2014-2015. This started a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Just going to add to the ridiculousness that this thread has become...why don't we just work out an agreement with NJRB to share their stadium? We can redesign the exterior so that it changes depending on who is playing at home like Allianz Arena.

Just going to add to the ridiculousness that this thread has become...why don't we just work out an agreement with NJRB to share their stadium? We can redesign the exterior so that it changes depending on who is playing at home like Allianz Arena.
RB's is too small in my mind, my major complaint. i want one that can eventually house 100k people, lots of high end catering, world class high tech (like apple beam everywhere gives precision direction guidance and parking guidance) vip service, easy parking and traffic, public transportation access...i want every game sell out at 100k capacity and I am a greedy dreamer :) TGIF

yeah, NYCFC playing in Jersey would just destroy the "city" brand . . .

I didn't say anything about Jersey...but Met Life is way too big.

RB's is too small in my mind, my major complaint. i want one that can eventually house 100k people, lots of high end catering, world class high tech (like apple beam everywhere gives precision direction guidance and parking guidance) vip service, easy parking and traffic, public transportation access...i want every game sell out at 100k capacity and I am a greedy dreamer :) TGIF

"Greedy Dreamer" is an understatement.

RBA sucks with big crowds. You can't get in and out easily. When the new train station is complete, it'll be better...but it's not.

Reactions: Kjbert
if they go to NJ, im out. I have no loyalty to CFG, I just want a team playing in NYC proper. If they can't do that then I won't renew my tickets. That goes for Westchester and long island too, but really really goes for NJ. its not even the same state for crying out loud.

They would have to practically start all over again on the season ticket holder list if they move to jersey. And if it's a temporary move, they'd have to start all over again a couple of years later.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
It's a pipe dream, but I've always hoped that CFG would make a play for the two piers south of Brooklyn Bridge Park that are part of the Redhook Shipping Terminal (the end of Atlantic Avenue & Columbia Street). If their original idea was to purchase the Bronx warehouse and provide relocation money to the owners, then why not apply that to other locations in the city? I'm not suggesting taking all of the terminal, just part, so it'd still be a functioning port. The site is correctly zoned for a stadium, has the BQE exit in front of it, and the 2/3/4/5/A/C/F/R subways are all within 0.5-0.75 miles away with bars/restaurants in between. The Atlantic Center with LIRR is a mile away. Just to the north are the Pier 5 soccer fields. NYCFC could make them their full-time training facility (granted, turf and not grass). The site would have an amazing view of Governor's Island and Manhattan.

If the cargo terminal can't function with the loss of the two piers, then CFG could enter into a co-ownership of the site & build the stadium above the piers/warehouse allowing the bottom of the stadium to incorporate the cranes & derricks for unloading ships (ships/barges would dock underneath the bottom of the stadium) - this would both be an opportunity for an architecturally significant statement and be a marketing coup for demonstrating integration in to a neighborhood.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

It's a pipe dream, but I've always hoped that CFG would make a play for the two piers south of Brooklyn Bridge Park that are part of the Redhook Shipping Terminal (the end of Atlantic Avenue & Columbia Street).

The Nets and Islanders are drawing like absolute crap. I honestly don't think Brooklyn is a viable market...

The Nets and Islanders are drawing like absolute crap. I honestly don't think Brooklyn is a viable market...
Well they've only played 8 games so far but their attendance isn't that different from previous years.
2016: 12,188
2015: 15,334
2014: 14,740

So yes, a little lower so far but for one it's only the beginning of the season and like us their attendance may grow over the course of the season and for two considering they've moved I'd say that's pretty good as many may not have renewed.

Nets home numbers are:
2016: 16,013 (only 3 games so far)
2015: 17,037
2014: 17,251
2013: 17,187(first season in Brooklyn)
2012: 13,961
2011: 14,179
2010: 13,103

Capacity of the Barclays Center is 17,732 for basketball, 15,795 for hockey. As far as I can tell attendance in Brooklyn looks pretty good.

Sources:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclays_Center

Edit: fixed Nets' first season (hat tip to joe joe )

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
Nets home numbers are:
2016: 16,013 (only 3 games so far)
2015: 17,037
2014: 17,251
2013: 17,187
2012: 13,961 (first season in Brooklyn)
2011: 14,179
2010: 13,103
First season in Brooklyn should be a row higher.