Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First season in Brooklyn should be a row higher.
You're right. Got confused with the ESPN site referring to the seasons with single years (2013) as opposed to double (2012-2013).

Thanks.

Reactions: joe
Seth --

That's a 20% drop in attendance in th first year in a new building, which is a huge decline. Even excluding last year's farewell season, it's still a drop of 17% from 2014. Second lowest attendance since 2001-2002 and that period covers a lot of very lean years.

There's no way to positively spin the Islanders attendance. The small sample size should help the numbers for both teams as they both include opening night sellouts.

Seth --

That's a 20% drop in attendance in th first year in a new building, which is a huge decline. Even excluding last year's farewell season, it's still a drop of 17% from 2014. Second lowest attendance since 2001-2002 and that period covers a lot of very lean years.

There's no way to positively spin the Islanders attendance. The small sample size should help the numbers for both teams as they both include opening night sellouts.
To be fair, both teams are relocations to a borough in a city that have never truly been their base (Net - Jersey, Islanders - Long Islander) so it's not an apples to apples comparison. NYCFC would draw nearly the same no matter where it is in the 4 boroughs of NYC (SI just ain't happening) so long as there's a major highway, multiple subways routes, and either Metro North or LIRR access. People just want the commute to be fairly easy, within about 30 min of midtown train terminals/stations and in NYC.

Speaking of other events, they're starting to have concerts at Citi Field for example, but a baseball stadium is a terrible place for that (for soccer too, but that's a separate discussion). A 35,000 seat venue available all summer long could bring many concerts that wouldn't ordinarily come to the city, or start new festival series, for that matter. It's not that Yankee Stadium isn't big enough for this sort of thing, it's just a terrible place for it. Baseball stadiums don't really have any good seats for a concert as no matter where you put the stage it's just no good. Yes, there are other venues for this sort of thing but nothing of this size that works as well.

Speaking as someone who goes to concerts often, I'll confirm that Citifield is a god awful venue for concerts. Not just cuz it's new either, Wrigley field was also less than ideal. San Siro, on the other hand - beautiful, absolute magic.

I missed this thread. Hi guys! :D

I think it's been about 5 pages since anyone said Sunnyside Yards so I'll have a go - There is a sign explaining the work for East Side Access which explicitly states a new station will be coming, though it didn't specify a date. I'll take a pic and post it next time I walk that way.

Did you guys see the thing with Julissa Ferrara and the Tennis people at Flushing Meadows? They've made some kind of alliance or something. It has upset me greatly.

Well we're not the only ones having a ton of trouble. Looks like Becks is on to plan D... Local business asking a crazy price for land next to the baseball stadium. Sounds all too familiar.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/...referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid
This shit kills me.... I get it that the property owners want to make a nice chunk of change as a form of bribe for selling, but let's all not leave planet earth here and stick with reality. Take the deal now and get a nice fat bank account, which for many would be the only chance of winning the proverbial lottery, or kiss it all goodbye when Becks walks away and the deal dies. A little greed is good/fine and should be expected, but extortion will kill any and every deal. I hope he walks and finds another site that works just as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
This shit kills me.... I get it that the property owners want to make a nice chunk of change as a form of bribe for selling, but let's all not leave planet earth here and stick with reality. Take the deal now and get a nice fat bank account, which for many would be the only chance of winning the proverbial lottery, or kiss it all goodbye when Becks walks away and the deal dies. A little greed is good/fine and should be expected, but extortion will kill any and every deal. I hope he walks and finds another site that works just as well.
I love how you conclude the property owners are being excessively greedy based on an article written by MLS that quotes no figures whatsoever.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I love how you conclude the property owners are being excessively greedy based on an article written by MLS that quotes no figures whatsoever.
I was responding to a post, not the MLS link, this news has been around for a couple of days. I'm just now commenting because I wasn't interested in being the first to link to it. But here ya go: Miami Herald - Not MLS

Neisen Kasdin, a lobbyist representing Beckham, told the Miami Herald on Tuesday that the land owners who have homes, apartments and a business within the proposed stadium footprint have asked for astronomical payments.

No numbers will see the light of day because it lowers Beckham's ability to negotiate with each separate land owner.

I was responding to a post, not the MLS link, this news has been around for a couple of days. I'm just now commenting because I wasn't interested in being the first to link to it. But here ya go: Miami Herald - Not MLS

Neisen Kasdin, a lobbyist representing Beckham, told the Miami Herald on Tuesday that the land owners who have homes, apartments and a business within the proposed stadium footprint have asked for astronomical payments.

No numbers will see the light of day because it lowers Beckham's ability to negotiate with each separate land owner.
I'm not sure why you think this supports you. The paper quotes a Beckham lobbyist who accuses the other side of being unreasonable. OK. That's not exactly evidence of anything but public posturing by Beckham.
The same article you cite says property owners claim they have not received an offer:
But as late as Monday, many of the property owners told the Miami Herald they were still waiting for an initial offer from the team.
"Nobody has come to talk to us. It’s something strange,” said Maria Linares, who lives with her husband in a white-and-pink home in the proposed stadium footprint.
I don't know who's closer to the truth. Why do you think you do?

Reactions: FootyLovin
I'm not sure why you think this supports you. The paper quotes a Beckham lobbyist who accuses the other side of being unreasonable. OK. That's not exactly evidence of anything but public posturing by Beckham.
The same article you cite says property owners claim they have not received an offer:
But as late as Monday, many of the property owners told the Miami Herald they were still waiting for an initial offer from the team.
"Nobody has come to talk to us. It’s something strange,” said Maria Linares, who lives with her husband in a white-and-pink home in the proposed stadium footprint.
I don't know who's closer to the truth. Why do you think you do?
Um yeah, go ahead and believe the landowners, and I have a Bridge in my neighborhood to sell to you. Beckham is desperate to get a stadium built because it's the keys to his castle - no stadium, no MLS team at a bargain $25M buy-in. Garber & MLS have a ticking clock on him with the penalty of forfeiture of his buy-in option, so he wouldn't be wasting his time by not making offers for an area that already has city approval (which had been impossible to get for his preferred locations) - there is zero logic to that tactic. And he wouldn't be moving to Option D if there was any additional room to maneuver, short of breaking the bank, with bids to the landowners.

There are of course different levels of astronomical, but anybody that watched the Barclays Center land-grab history knows that Ratner paid ridiculous amounts of money that were astronomical compared to market value in the neighborhood; and he had to because there was no Plan B if the area around Atlantic Yards wasn't obtained. Beckham fortunately (allegedly) has another option and I'd say take the path of least resistance.

I would love a sss but I guess we have to get comfortable at Yankee Stadium. I would like them do a better job covering up the infield. Some European stadiums that have a track have some good looking coverings. I would also like to see them cover the upper deck seats even if it's nycfc themed ads when it's not open.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Um yeah, go ahead and believe the landowners, and I have a Bridge in my neighborhood to sell to you. Beckham is desperate to get a stadium built because it's the keys to his castle - no stadium, no MLS team at a bargain $25M buy-in. Garber & MLS have a ticking clock on him with the penalty of forfeiture of his buy-in option, so he wouldn't be wasting his time by not making offers for an area that already has city approval (which had been impossible to get for his preferred locations) - there is zero logic to that tactic. And he wouldn't be moving to Option D if there was any additional room to maneuver, short of breaking the bank, with bids to the landowners.

There are of course different levels of astronomical, but anybody that watched the Barclays Center land-grab history knows that Ratner paid ridiculous amounts of money that were astronomical compared to market value in the neighborhood; and he had to because there was no Plan B if the area around Atlantic Yards wasn't obtained. Beckham fortunately (allegedly) has another option and I'd say take the path of least resistance.
So. You have chosen a side and state facts without knowledge. Good to know.

So. You have chosen a side and state facts without knowledge. Good to know.
And your moniker's proverb describes you perfectly. Even better to know.
Gentlemen. The real question is why care? Or alternatively, why judge? So what if the home owners ask a price that the buyer sees as astronomical? That's their right. I'd ask an astronomical price too if someone came knocking on my door tomorrow.

Gentlemen. The real question is why care? Or alternatively, why judge? So what if the home owners ask a price that the buyer sees as astronomical? That's their right. I'd ask an astronomical price too if someone came knocking on my door tomorrow.
But if they offered me a million for what I owned that was worth $300k, I'd probably take it. But I would probably be viewed as greedy if I asked for $30 million as a counter. But it is their right. And its the buyers right to walk, which looks like whats happening.