Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would love a sss but I guess we have to get comfortable at Yankee Stadium. I would like them do a better job covering up the infield. Some European stadiums that have a track have some good looking coverings. I would also like to see them cover the upper deck seats even if it's nycfc themed ads when it's not open.

I'm with you with the covers, but we shouldn't get too comfortable, I don't think they want us for too long.

In all seriousness, it would be nice for the team to at least release a statement as to where they are with the process, even if it's nothing new. I'll even take a non-story. Jeez, anything...pleeeeeease.

Reactions: Kjbert
In all seriousness, it would be nice for the team to at least release a statement as to where they are with the process, even if it's nothing new. I'll even take a non-story. Jeez, anything...pleeeeeease.
We know where they are. They are evaluating all options and will let us know if anything material occurs. I personally think they are waiting out De Blasio. They have realized that they can survive in Yankee Stadium for several years so now they can be patient. If De Blasio loses, I think it will be a matter of months before we hear of a new agreement for the Bronx site, assuming the new mayor is more friendly to non low-income housing related development.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Ulrich

I'm no advocate of CFG's trademark refusal to give away any information, ever, but in all fairness this is the kind of thing you only do if you have shareholder obligations or somesuch, because it can massively weaken your position.

If NYCFC come out and say "actually, we're really onto something, we've got this all wrapped up" then the people they are negotiating with turn around to them and say "well since you're so confident that we are agreed, put your money where your mouth is and up your offer by 10% to show how committed you are.

If they come out and say "we've got a few plans but nothing concrete" then the groups they are negotiating with all turn around and go "you know, we thought we were your main negotiating partner. What's this about other offers? Are you with us or not? We want you to confirm you are pulling out of the deals with other partners to focus on ours."

If they come out and say "we're really struggling to make any headway at all" then anyone they approach after that knows that they are desperate and will simply keep pushing their price up higher and higher to see just how desperate the club is.

By all means complain that the club should say more about things like injuries and what's going on in the FO, but you just don't release important info about non-concluded business deals to the press unless you are under obligation to do so, or unless you're trying to manipulate your share prices, neither of which applies to NYCFC.

I think, as New York sports fans, we struggle with being out of the loop. Part of that is on CFG because they don't understand the media market. At all. Part of that is the fact that there isn't a big bear writer following th squad.

We know where they are. They are evaluating all options and will let us know if anything material occurs. I personally think they are waiting out De Blasio. They have realized that they can survive in Yankee Stadium for several years so now they can be patient. If De Blasio loses, I think it will be a matter of months before we hear of a new agreement for the Bronx site, assuming the new mayor is more friendly to non low-income housing related development.
I think this is exactly right. With the exception of the eventual site-- I don't think it will be the Bronx one.

"IF" DeBlasio loses. I don't think he will

The mayors approval rating would like to argue with you for a minute.

November 2nd
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nyc-may...proval-rating-hits-new-low-in-poll-1446505857

November 17th
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/de-blasio-approval-rating-continues-drop-article-1.2438456

Deblasios rating is bad and continues to get worse. 52% of the voters surveyed said that the city is going in the wrong direction.

On a more personal note I do not see Deblasio as a man who is capable of turning this situation around on his own merits or through the programs he started. Hopefully the Republicans are able to field a reasonably strong candidate, or an independent takes lots of votes from Deblasio.

At any rate for NYCFC stadium prospects any other option is better than Deblasio, a man who's stated priorities are in conflict the very notion of stadium construction.

There is more crime.
Taxes are higher.
His electoral base is unhappy.

I think the biggest thing working against him is the homeless issue. It was fixed (I don't know how) under Rudy and Mayor Mike. This is something that the average New Yorker sees every day - even if crime and higer taxes don't affect you personally.

The mayors approval rating would like to argue with you for a minute.

November 2nd
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nyc-may...proval-rating-hits-new-low-in-poll-1446505857

November 17th
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/de-blasio-approval-rating-continues-drop-article-1.2438456

Deblasios rating is bad and continues to get worse. 52% of the voters surveyed said that the city is going in the wrong direction.

On a more personal note I do not see Deblasio as a man who is capable of turning this situation around on his own merits or through the programs he started. Hopefully the Republicans are able to field a reasonably strong candidate, or an independent takes lots of votes from Deblasio.

At any rate for NYCFC stadium prospects any other option is better than Deblasio, a man who's stated priorities are in conflict the very notion of stadium construction.
Incumbent be damned, Democrats will field a challenger to him - the party isn't happy with his performance either.

I've never lived in NYC, but with it being such a massive City I have always followed it's mayoral races out of curiosity. I'm pretty sure we have seen incumbent's with much lower numbers at this point end up getting re-elected. Again as someone who does not live in the City, I don't care too much about his agenda's or what not, I want a damn stadium! 413Blue for anyone who is more likely to support a stadium!!!

I've never lived in NYC, but with it being such a massive City I have always followed it's mayoral races out of curiosity. I'm pretty sure we have seen incumbent's with much lower numbers at this point end up getting re-elected. Again as someone who does not live in the City, I don't care too much about his agenda's or what not, I want a damn stadium! 413Blue for anyone who is more likely to support a stadium!!!
This is the first time I will vote for the other party if DeBlasio is the Dem's candidate, and all of my family & friends have said the same thing. The amount of ire towards the mayor is really high right now, especially since his signature focus, getting more housing built, doesn't include line items to also build new schools. And if there's one thing that will galvanize voters in the city, it's angry parents that can't get their kids into the neighborhood school(s) down the block because of over-crowding due to over-zealous construction. Sure there are other things that voters will focus on, and there are a LOT of other things, but over-crowding neighborhoods and the ramifications (schools) is huge in both my neighborhood of Brooklyn Heights and my mother's in the Lincoln Center area - and the Parents' groups all blame the Mayor.

(and to keep on topic..... the stadium & more schools won't be built with DeBlasio in Office).