Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Don't know if this was posted long ago, but it's from the announcement of the club. The interview is with a lawyer who represents the Yankees. It's an interesting 10 minutes if you have time. Talks about how there were some 20 public hearings about the new Yankee Stadium before it was even approved.

that tells me building in the city is nearly impossible, one has to jump through too many hoopla and opposition groups to get it even started.

Latins are the what the original Roman tribes were called when the Latin language that they shared joined them together to become the Roman Empire. The language(Latin), culture, religion and holidays that they spread in the Western Roman Empire are what joined the empire and led to the romance languages which are derived from Latin.
So any person from a country that derives their language from Latin is a Latino. Including the Portuguese French Romanian and even the Spanish.

Latins are the what the original Roman tribes were called when the Latin language that they shared joined them together to become the Roman Empire. The language(Latin), culture, religion and holidays that they spread in the Western Roman Empire are what joined the empire and led to the romance languages which are derived from Latin.
So any person from a country that derives their language from Latin is a Latino. Including the Portuguese French Romanian and even the Spanish.
If you're referring to actual people from European countries, you're incorrect. If you're referring to the areas in the Americas (South, Central, & Mexico) where they set up colonies, then you'd be correct - it's all about Latin-America, not the Latin language countries of the Holy Roman Empire. A Latino was born or lives in South/Central America & Mexico.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Latino

Hispanic are those from Latin America that have a connection to Spain & Portugal. Also includes Cuba & Puerto Rico.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Hispanic

Reactions: NYCFCP and Majik
Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this one area, I just read an article on Empire of Soccer. I'm not anywhere close to the city so I have no idea if this place is viable or not, but I thought I'd put the link here anyways.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/sunnyside-stadium-location-43210/
It's definitely been mentioned a time or two maybe. Personally I think it might be one of the best locations in the city as there's plenty of room to build anything we could want. There's also several subways there as well. Disadvantage is there's not really any direct highway access. Parking would have to be built as well. So it has its pros and cons.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this one area, I just read an article on Empire of Soccer. I'm not anywhere close to the city so I have no idea if this place is viable or not, but I thought I'd put the link here anyways.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/sunnyside-stadium-location-43210/
Posted yesterday, but I'm more confused by your idea that it's "not anywhere close to the city." First, it is in Queens, which is in the city. DiBlasio is our mayor, like it or not. Second, assuming a Manhattan-only definition of "city," this location is exactly one subway stop from Manhattan. it don't get closer than that. In terms of citywide convenience, this place is probably second only to the Yankee Stadium area, and better for a substantial number. It's also probably not happening for the reasons grudgingly listed at the end of the article.

Reactions: Paul
Posted yesterday, but I'm more confused by your idea that it's "not anywhere close to the city." First, it is in Queens, which is in the city. DiBlasio is our mayor, like it or not. Second, assuming a Manhattan-only definition of "city," this location is exactly one subway stop from Manhattan. it don't get closer than that. In terms of citywide convenience, this place is probably second only to the Yankee Stadium area, and better for a substantial number. It's also probably not happening for the reasons grudgingly listed at the end of the article.
He said HE isn't anywhere near the city (i.e. doesn't live in the city) so he has no frame of reference to the potential site and where it's situated in the city regarding it's viability. He's not saying the site isn't near the city.

I recommend another cup of coffee this morning and a bagel.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
He said HE isn't anywhere near the city (i.e. doesn't live in the city) so he has no frame of reference to the potential site and where it's situated in the city regarding it's viability. He's not saying the site isn't near the city.

I recommend another cup of coffee this morning and a bagel.
Second time in two days I just misread someone on a kind of basic level. Thanks. Apologies to CCMore JCMore

Really loving the Sunnyside option. Not as convenient for our Westchester/Bronx supporters, but its not a bad commute. MetroNorth or 456 to Gran Central and one or two stops on the 7. LI Supporters have it alot worse now if they are taking the LIRR.

Everyone else benefits tremendously. LI has the LIRR stop. Brooklyn has the G train. Queens and Manhattan have the E F R M 7.

If you're referring to actual people from European countries, you're incorrect. If you're referring to the areas in the Americas (South, Central, & Mexico) where they set up colonies, then you'd be correct - it's all about Latin-America, not the Latin language countries of the Holy Roman Empire. A Latino was born or lives in South/Central America & Mexico.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Latino

Hispanic are those from Latin America that have a connection to Spain & Portugal. Also includes Cuba & Puerto Rico.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Hispanic

In popular culture but not in a historical sense.
I am sure the Germanic and Slav Tribes were using the term 2000 years ago

Reactions: Ulrich
In popular culture but not in a historical sense.
I am sure the Germanic and Slav Tribes were using the term 2000 years ago
Yes, you are right in reference to Latins. I misread your text since the ongoing discussion had focused on the term Latinos.

Time for me to drink another cup of coffee.

By that logic, we are all Latinos. English is essentially a horrible mash-up of French, German, Norse and small bits of a number of other languages such as Greek, Urdu and Dutch, but primarily it comes from French - a Latinate language - and other Latin elements. If we accept that definition, English has to be described as majority Latin-based.

500px-Origins_of_English_PieChart.svg.png

Reactions: northernburbs
By that logic, we are all Latinos. English is essentially a horrible mash-up of French, German, Norse and small bits of a number of other languages such as Greek, Urdu and Dutch, but primarily it comes from French - a Latinate language - and other Latin elements. If we accept that definition, English has to be described as majority Latin-based.

This is my favorite thread. What an amazing derailment.
I think that although English takes more words from French and Latin than elsewhere, its original structural roots as a language are Germanic. No matter how many words it borrows from elsewhere, that's the type of language it is.

But are you talking about English that's spoken on the islands off the old continent, or that which is spoken in 'Merica?