Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But are you talking about English that's spoken on the islands off the old continent, or that which is spoken in 'Merica?

Well, the English that's spoken in Murica is just the version we spoke in 1750 - for some reason your language hasn't changed much in 250 years whereas ours has evolved a number of times since.

So in answer to your question - both, but you moreso than us.

Well, the English that's spoken in Murica is just the version we spoke in 1750 - for some reason your language hasn't changed much in 250 years whereas ours has evolved a number of times since.

Fascinating.... I never realized yours considered Cockney an evolution - just fascinating.....

Reactions: Kjbert

I've heard this a number of times from different sources, can you elaborate, or preferably link to a scholarly article which explains this in more detail?

Really loving the Sunnyside option. Not as convenient for our Westchester/Bronx supporters, but its not a bad commute. MetroNorth or 456 to Gran Central and one or two stops on the 7. LI Supporters have it alot worse now if they are taking the LIRR.

Everyone else benefits tremendously. LI has the LIRR stop. Brooklyn has the G train. Queens and Manhattan have the E F R M 7.

This would be a really tough option for anyone (from anywhere in the tri-state area) who wants to drive.

I think they would have trouble matching their YS attendance there.

This would be a really tough option for anyone (from anywhere in the tri-state area) who wants to drive.

I think they would have trouble matching their YS attendance there.
If by anyone you mean Westchester and Connecticut.

LIE is directly south of sunnyside yards. It makes driving from Long Island a lot easier. At the same time, driving to Yankee Stadium is not exactly the easiest drive if you are from LI.

I looked it up and sunnyside was an hour from my house in CT. Same as YS. Is the traffic worse or something there?
It's not that the traffic is any worse than anywhere else it's more that the Sunnyside location is a mile from the nearest highways. You'd need to get several thousand cars from the LIE/BQE through the local streets to the stadium. Yankee Stadium's right on the Deegan and a Flushing stadium would be on the Grand Central or Van Wyck, depending on where they put it.

It's not that the traffic is any worse than anywhere else it's more that the Sunnyside location is a mile from the nearest highways. You'd need to get several thousand cars from the LIE/BQE through the local streets to the stadium. Yankee Stadium's right on the Deegan and a Flushing stadium would be on the Grand Central or Van Wyck, depending on where they put it.
Yeah that sucks. Need some car access.

Exactly! Google Maps goes out the window when you are trying to navigate city streets on late Saturday or Sunday afternoons.

It's one of those 80/20 kind of riders. You get the first 80% of the way there in 20% of the time and the last 20% of the way there in 80% of the time.

Reactions: Goodfella and Majik
sunnyside idea is nice and all but i mean....we got all the red tape to go through so maybe in like 50 years this can be a reality.

Sunnyside just isn't realistic. I mean I'd love & hate it. I'd be at every single game. But I think the sign says 2022 for the new LIRR station? Which means more like 2030. Maybe if they had started this under Bloomie. But now, it's just not likely to happen.

sunnyside idea is nice and all but i mean....we got all the red tape to go through so maybe in like 50 years this can be a reality.

This. Sunnyside is the "last frontier" of NYC undeveloped land, the Big Dig, the big enchilada of undeveloped property. There are past models of how this works - build a platform over the yard and then build on top of the platform. Barclays Center and Hudson Yards are exhibits 1 and 2 about how this can be done - but Sunnyside is even larger in scope.

It's going to take years to get people to agree on what to build (Stadium?? Who needs a stadium? Give me more affordable housing! No, luxury condos! No, retail!! I can hear the NIMBYs and developers yelling already)...and then you've got to build the actual platform before you can do this without disrupting service. Complicating things is I think trains from various different entities (Subway/LIRR/Amtrak/etc) park trains there and you need to get all of these people in agreement before moving forward.

Unless NYCFC is willing to wait 10 years minimum - I think the Barclays Center took that long from initial planning to opening date. Love it, but its a giant pipe dream.

The Flushing Airport site has little to no red tape, but nobody's going to go there as there is no mass transit connection. No way no how.