• Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
For what it is worth

http://www.metsrefugees.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3680828&postcount=18

9698990009;3680817 said:
Search for a stadium location is actually on right now for the NYCFC. The spot near Yankee Stadium fell through, now it doesn't look like they have a clue. Heard something about Columbia a few months back but nothing since.

Dondada;3680828 said:
I actually have some information on this that I can't entirely disclose, but they're close on a Bronx location.

Last edited:
This obviously can not be substantiated, but the guy messaged me and said "his understanding is that they are (or at least were) close to signing a deal with a Catholic high school in the north Bronx. (he later said the area of Wakefield, just south of Mount Vernon) There's enough property available to not only build a stadium and parking lot but corporate offices, as well. A hold up is that there's a retirement home on the property with retired priests and they don't want to leave."

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
Yeah, it's pretty far north and seems more suburban. I have had a couple babysitters from there, and it's a short drive from my home in Bronxville to where they are. There is ample train service to the area - both Metro North and subway.

I see there is a school there called Mt. Saint Michael Academy that has a lot of green space. Cardinal Spellman H.S. is also nearby, but that looks to be in Baychester.

Yeah, it's pretty far north and seems more suburban. I have had a couple babysitters from there, and it's a short drive from my home in Bronxville to where they are. There is ample train service to the area - both Metro North and subway.

I see there is a school there called Mt. Saint Michael Academy that has a lot of green space. Cardinal Spellman H.S. is also nearby, but that looks to be in Baychester.
For the LIers here, our commute doesn't really change. 1 hour with moderate traffic. Leave at 3 for weekday games or get stuck in multi hours of rush traffic.

I had a weird premonition recently that right along both sides of the Westchester border would be back in play whether it is by Mount Vernon/Wakefield, or the Cross County Yonkers area, etc. I am sure they are thinking outside the box at this point and weighing the downside (if any) of having a NYC team technically playing a few minutes outside city limits. The Bronx by YS is clearly my first choice (if it becomes possible to rekindle the factory location), but I don't think I would have a problem with a spot just beyond or within city limits as long as the public transportation access is and/or will be favorable.

Last edited:
This is almost certainly Mt. St. Michael Academy. There are 5 Catholic high schools in the Bronx. MSM is the only one in Wakefield and it has the biggest campus at 22 acres. As Gotham Gator Gotham Gator just noted, Spellman is not far and has the second largest campus at 13 acres. The remaining 3 - St. Barnabas, Cardinal Hayes and All Hallows are not meaningful candidates. None of them are candidates for closure, as far as I know, so this would be a deal with shared space and NYCFC paying them money and funding the improvements. I have strong doubts about this happening, but claim no insider info or expertise.
IMO, this is an acceptable if less than ideal location. At this point however, I think any eventual location is going to be less than ideal in some respects. I'll take what they can get.

This obviously can not be substantiated, but the guy messaged me and said "his understand is that they are (or at least were) close to signing a deal with a Catholic high school in the north Bronx. (he later said the area of Wakefield, just south of Mount Vernon) There's enough property available to not only build a stadium and parking lot but corporate offices, as well. A hold up is that there's a retirement home on the property with retired priests and they don't want to leave."

Ugh, that is a massive trek on the subway. Hopefully this is actually just a site in contention for training grounds and corporate offices.

Over an hour from Grand Central and Penn Station, plus a 10-15 minute walk from the subway station. Driveable for corporate offices and training. Not good for public transport for fans.

IMO, this is an acceptable if less than ideal location. At this point however, I think any eventual location is going to be less than ideal in some respects. I'll take what they can get.

Disagree. It's a bad location for anything other than "we need to get out of Yankee Stadium ASAP and build a 10-year temporary, 18k seat stadium on the cheap while we continue our search for a permanent home closer to the center of the city."

Last edited:
aerial1.jpg

Ugh, that is a massive trek on the subway. Hopefully this is actually just a site in contention for training grounds and corporate offices.

Over an hour from Grand Central and Penn Station, plus a 10-15 minute walk from the subway station. Driveable for corporate offices and training. Not good for public transport for fans.
Agree. Add another 5 blocks walking for those on the Metro North.

I'm not familiar with the area at all and as bad as I want a stadium, that Mount St. Michael site is horrendous

I can't imagine they would allow a stadium to be dropped into a residential neighborhood like that. No subway? RR? Highway? That site is a disaster.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Would be interesting to have a heat map of where the 20k season ticket holders live to determine the consensus best and worst options for a stadium. Obviously, this will change by the time a stadium is built, but I wonder what is the best-for-most location based upon the spread of the fan base.

ugh so far away.....i can still make it but still its literally like the last stop on the train.

but i mean would this work...it looks surrounded by houses also this is a high school.....do they really gain anything from this ?

Here is what it looks like:
View attachment 3738
Men in Blazers future podcast:
And with one fateful action of building the stadium in this how-the-fck-do-I-get-to-this-location that has no watering holes nor pubs in sight, CFG has pissed away it's 20K season ticket holders & 30K average attendance and now is regrettably no different than the now-defunct Long Island Cosmos back in their hey day when 3500 fans in attendance was considered breathtaking. Pity, just a bloody pity that the best way to watch Messi's golden boots is to cozy up in the den and watch on TV - and yet that gorgeous temple of football looks as empty as every game at the energy drink arena over in Harrison. Woe is me, woe is us, woe is the old fan base.....

ugh so far away.....i can still make it but still its literally like the last stop on the train.

but i mean would this work...it looks surrounded by houses also this is a high school.....do they really gain anything from this ?
I live in Long Island City and Yankee Stadium is 41 minutes according to Google Maps (and pretty much true based on last season). It's an hour and 20 minutes to Mount St. Michael's.

And with one fateful action of building the stadium in this how-the-fck-do-I-get-to-this-location that has no watering holes nor pubs in sight, CFG has pissed away it's 20K season ticket holders & 30K average attendance and now is regrettably no different than the now-defunct Long Island Cosmos back in their hey day when 3500 fans in attendance was considered breathtaking. Pity, just a bloody pity that the best way to watch Messi's golden boots is to cozy up in the den and watch on TV - and yet that gorgeous temple of football looks as empty as every game at the energy drink arena over in Harrison. Woe is me, woe is us, woe is the old fan base.....

phuck MIB ....but it would be an iffy location anyway and probably lose lots of peeps especially those on LI brooklyn queens

Reactions: Christopher Jee

Beautifully done. And I read it in my head in Rog's voice.

Reactions: CatNYC