Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Beautifully done. And I read it in my head in Rog's voice.
Thanks! I've actually only listened to them once and enjoyed the bits about soccer, but found them rather painful to endure babbling on about god knows what for the first 10 minutes. When they finally mentioned the footy, it was like a dehydrated adventurer near death that finally sees the oasis in the distance.

Men in Blazers future podcast:
And with one fateful action of building the stadium in this how-the-fck-do-I-get-to-this-location that has no watering holes nor pubs in sight, CFG has pissed away it's 20K season ticket holders & 30K average attendance and now is regrettably no different than the now-defunct Long Island Cosmos back in their hey day when 3500 fans in attendance was considered breathtaking. Pity, just a bloody pity that the best way to watch Messi's golden boots is to cozy up in the den and watch on TV - and yet that gorgeous temple of football looks as empty as every game at the energy drink arena over in Harrison. Woe is me, woe is us, woe is the old fan base.....

I know one of them was a season ticket holder and I'm pretty sure I saw him sitting in the Legends Suite heading before the match. He's not renewing? Boo.

The Mount St. Michael Academy is within the boarders of NYC by 5 blocks or so. However, it's about an hour away by public transportation from Manhattan, so it's like going to Red Bull Arena.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
I know one of them was a season ticket holder and I'm pretty sure I saw him sitting in the Legends Suite heading before the match. He's not renewing? Boo.

The Mount St. Michael Academy is within the boarders of NYC by 5 blocks or so. However, it's about an hour away by public transportation from Manhattan, so it's like going to Red Bull Arena.

But you don't have to switch between train systems PATH and MTA

Still, it does seem out there near the edge of the city borders

Reactions: Kjbert
To me, acceptable but not ideal is anywhere in the city and within 10 minutes of a subway. Admittedly some such locations will be far from ideal.

Given the real estate market in NYC, the chances of finding a prime location with excellent transportation and a vivid nightlife infrastructure with a lot big enough for a stadium, and where you won't get outbid by someone who will use that lot 365/year instead of 30-40, approaches zero.

I think NYCFC's biggest problem with Yankee Stadium is not the turf or the scheduling issues, but the unrealistic expectations it has created in its fans.

To me, acceptable but not ideal is anywhere in the city and within 10 minutes of a subway. Admittedly some such locations will be far from ideal.

Given the real estate market in NYC, the chances of finding a prime location with excellent transportation and a vivid nightlife infrastructure with a lot big enough for a stadium, and where you won't get outbid by someone who will use that lot 365/year instead of 30-40, approaches zero.

I think NYCFC's biggest problem with Yankee Stadium is not the turf or the scheduling issues, but the unrealistic expectations it has created in its fans.

CFG should buy up a lot of apartments near Pier 40 and have fans live there so they can vote and be a voice in council meetings. We will get our stadium!

The Mount St. Michael Academy would be better used as the home of NYCFC's academy. Within the property you can probably build a small parking structure, have two fields, one with 5,000 seating or so, and an academy building. The First Team training center isn't too far away either.

Last edited:
The Mount St. Michael Academy would be better used as the home of NYCFC's academy. Within the property you can probably build a small parking structure, have to fields, one with 5,000 seating or so, and an academy building. The First Team training center isn't too far away either.

This would actually make a ton of sense. And it might be the plan. Think about it. If the stadium is built near Yankee Stadium, it would make all the sense in the world to build the training facility here. The Academy could play here. They could convert the school and housing into Academy housing and schooling. And you build a first team training center there.

This would actually make a ton of sense. And it might be the plan. Think about it. If the stadium is built near Yankee Stadium, it would make all the sense in the world to build the training facility here. The Academy could play here. They could convert the school and housing into Academy housing and schooling. And you build a first team training center there.

They wouldn't need to convert the school and housing into school and housing because its already school and housing.

The Mount St. Michael Academy would be better used as the home of NYCFC's academy. Within the property you can probably build a small parking structure, have two fields, one with 5,000 seating or so, and an academy building. The First Team training center isn't too far away either.

Surely for a serious academy you need more than two fields? Right now it would work, but ultimately we're going to have somewhere in the region of 7 or 8 academy age groups, and while the younger ones will only train a few hours a week it's not unlikely that at times you'd have, say, the oldest 4 teams all training at once. I'm not sure they could do that effectively with only two pitches.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
There's no way this is a stadium site. It's more likely than not going to be where players train after the 2 1/2 year lease at SUNY Purchase expires at the end of next season.

Given that NYCFC is still currently developing it's academy it's also more likely that NYCFC agreed to lease some space for their academy kids to play rather than buying the space outright. There's barely an academy right now so buying out the land would be a VERY long term approach.

Last edited:
CFG should buy up a lot of apartments near Pier 40 and have fans live there so they can vote and be a voice in council meetings. We will get our stadium!

Straight up, that is the most plausible way I have ever seen to ever influence NYC building. On the other hand people could get too attached to their tickets.

I misspoke. It will be the first team training academy. After looking at the map again and without the need to build stands for a stadium given this will be for the first team, you can probably fit up to four full fields depending on the size of the training building and parking lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin