Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
4-2-2-2 straight up the gut

Villa - Poku
TMac - Mix
Bravo - Pirlo
-----4------

Mata and Allen for fullback width
Vieira said a bunch of times that we'll concede less with Pirlo as the central mid in a 4-3-3 than we'll score so he can put his money where his mouth is.

--------------Villa - Mullins
---------TMac Poku Mix
--------------------Pirlo
Mata-Hernandez-Brillant-Iraola/Allen

Reactions: Kjbert
Vieira said a bunch of times that we'll concede less with Pirlo as the central mid in a 4-3-3 than we'll score so he can put his money where his mouth is.

--------------Villa - Mullins
---------TMac Poku Mix
--------------------Pirlo
Mata-Hernandez-Brillant-Iraola/Allen
Not offering an opinion - just pointing out that your lineup has no speed to it outside of Mata, our LB.

Not offering an opinion - just pointing out that your lineup has no speed to it outside of Mata, our LB.
I understand, Vieira needs the personnel for his system. Our speed doesn't matter at Yankee Stadium since we can't stretch the field anyways.

With so many off topic posts not being moved over. I'm beginning to think the mods are just afraid to click on this thread anymore. It's the Mad Max appoclyplse here and anything goes! I love it.

Maybe we need a Etihad Thunderdome!

Reactions: Konrad
With the Kingsbridge Armory, how many seats could we get in a no-frills stadium there? I'm not saying it would be NYCFC's stadium, but it could be NYCFC2/NYCWFC's stadium.

Reactions: Victors87
With the Kingsbridge Armory, how many seats could we get in a no-frills stadium there? I'm not saying it would be NYCFC's stadium, but it could be NYCFC2/NYCWFC's stadium.
It's really unfortunate that it wouldn't be able to accommodate what we'd need it for. That'd instantly be one of the coolest places to play in the world.

I'd ask this question to the old-timers (or youngins, if they know), but in 1996, assuming we had the money and were THE team in NYC, could NYCFC have built in the 5 boroughs? And if so, where?

It's really unfortunate that it wouldn't be able to accommodate what we'd need it for. That'd instantly be one of the coolest places to play in the world.

I'd ask this question to the old-timers (or youngins, if they know), but in 1996, assuming we had the money and were THE team in NYC, could NYCFC have built in the 5 boroughs? And if so, where?
There was definitely a lot more undeveloped space in NYC, but whether it was correctly zoned or could fly through the NIMBY process is another story - plus a lot of construction that has taken place since then has been by cannibalizing small housing/buildings and replacing it with larger/taller, so less opportunity there. There was probably a good opportunity to build along Long Island City's (was it even called that then, or is that a new name?) shoreline since it was a lot of old industrial buildings.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Long Island City's (was it even called that then, or is that a new name?)
It's a real place. New York City was formed in I think 1898 but around 1870 a bunch of towns in western Queens merged to form Long Island City. So it was a separate city for almost 30 years before merging with the rest of the cities and towns in the area to become the current New York City.

It's a real place. New York City was formed in I think 1898 but around 1870 a bunch of towns in western Queens merged to form Long Island City. So it was a separate city for almost 30 years before merging with the rest of the cities and towns in the area to become the current New York City.
Thank you! Always appreciate a little history lesson. Just wasn't sure if it was a realtor-made sales name like SoBro.

Depends on the configuration. Anything from 5k to 25k if done right.

Depends on the configuration. Anything from 5k to 25k if done right.

So how does one overturn a historic landmark preservation? I mean in New York 2116 we're not going to have all of these landmarks still around.

So how does one overturn a historic landmark preservation? I mean in New York 2116 we're not going to have all of these landmarks still around.
Well, the purpose of designating something a landmark is to make sure it's still around in a hundred years, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Historic_Landmarks_in_New_York_City

Most of those landmark-status buildings are over 100 years old, and some are over 200 years old. The Flatiron building is from 1902, for example, and the NY Stock Exchange started in its current location in 1865 (although the building might actually be older). None of those are going away just so we can build a stadium.

You don't. You get Landmarks and Preservation to agree to changes.

The original planetarium at the Museum of Natural History is a great example. It was named a landmark twice and was torn down with approval to build the new one.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/08/18/realestate/a-remnant-of-the-1930-s-and-its-sky-will-fall.html