Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to believe that once our stadium is announced, our plans will blow everyone else out of the water. This is NYC, and if we can't get a premiere stadium that is the envy of fans around the league, I will be pissed!

Last edited:
I have never sat in the Supporters Section. I probably won't ever, either.

That being said, the wall at Dortmund is mesmerizing. Do it NYCFC. Get the Dortmud Supporters Section Wall.

That being said, the wall at Dortmund is mesmerizing. Do it NYCFC. Get the Dortmud Supporters Section Wall.
Even with being a Bayern supporter, the Wall is incredible. I would love to go to the Westfalenstadion to experience the pure noise and energy behind it.

Reactions: Kjbert

I think we'd need a few more supporters to pull that off.

For whoever it was that mentioned Kingsbridge Armory, which I still hold is not even in the top five in terms of locations the club wants for a stadium, there's been news.

Lawsuit from the group, the City counter-offered them a 99 year lease if they can show they have the $158 million needed for the first part, otherwise they would have to vacate. The group rejected it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/14/n...offer-on-a-stalled-bronx-ice-center-plan.html

For whoever it was that mentioned Kingsbridge Armory, which I still hold is not even in the top five in terms of locations the club wants for a stadium, there's been news.

Lawsuit from the group, the City counter-offered them a 99 year lease if they can show they have the $158 million needed for the first part, otherwise they would have to vacate. The group rejected it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/14/n...offer-on-a-stalled-bronx-ice-center-plan.html
I don't know that anyone ever put it in the top 5 for location. It's one of those spots that were thrown out there because there's space, possible availability of space, and a subway line next door.

I don't know that anyone ever put it in the top 5 for location. It's one of those spots that were thrown out there because there's space, possible availability of space, and a subway line next door.
Can we also add how cool it'd be to play in a former armory?

We can call NYCFC and the fans dope names like the Battalion, The King's Men, etc.

I'll cut anyone who suggest "the gunners"

Can we also add how cool it'd be to play in a former armory?

We can call NYCFC and the fans dope names like the Battalion, The King's Men, etc.

I'll cut anyone who suggest "the gunners"

I think we gotta avoid King's Men too, brings up the whole Man City Lite/Colonial aspect...

but that façade would be pretty bad ass in another spot

Damn, I've really wanted this thing to get developed. As some who curled for 3 years before moving to NYC, I've been waiting for some dedicated curling ice within a reasonable commute.

Interesting. If anything, this shows us that DeBlasio can capitulate a little to avoid a lawsuit claiming that he's "conspiring to block a project." Maybe we should hire this lawyer.

If they could save that facade and build it into one side of the stadium that would be awesome. Would be old school and brand new at the same time.

Chance of this happening is zero because the site isn't big enough. Only 5 acres.
The site is big enough to fit a stadium in there. I looked at the dimensions yesterday, you'd just have to knock down the north wall, which would be easy since the recognizable facade is on the south wall, and push it back closer to 195th street. It'd be perfect if you could get the city to de-map 195th street. You'd actually be able to fit RBA in there if you got rid of that street.

As a reminder, getting rid of a street was part of the plan for the GAL site in the Bronx.

The site is big enough to fit a stadium in there. I looked at the dimensions yesterday, you'd just have to knock down the north wall, which would be easy since the recognizable facade is on the south wall, and push it back closer to 195th street. It'd be perfect if you could get the city to de-map 195th street. You'd actually be able to fit RBA in there if you got rid of that street.

As a reminder, getting rid of a street was part of the plan for the GAL site in the Bronx.
Yeahhhhhh, it's maybe a little small. Could be made to fit, but not quite sure you could have 25,000 people in the stands though.

kingsbridgesize.png

Reactions: franchise646
Not sure how possible it is but the the state wants to re utilize the New York State Pavilion, however they have no idea what to do with it. If they can't find anything to do with it someone should suggest building a stadium there and allowing NYC to play there xD