Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
image.jpg

Reactions: ldent42
I don't understand why anyone thinks this is persuasive unless the players actually measured it. There are no other 70 yard fields in MLS. There were a few years ago but they were widened. So how the heck can they be so expert on how a 70 yard pitch plays?
If there were a team with a 70 yard pitch and its players said we know what a 70 yard pitch feels like and YS is smaller I could credit that. All we have is assorted players saying the smallest field in MLS feels small.

The same way I know if my bag of peanut M&Ms is short a few Ms. When you do something enough times you can tell when it's not the way it's supposed to be.

Notice how he says there isn't an update I can give you, not that there isn't an update. They're keeping their mouths shut about it till it's a done deal.
A STH on r/NYCFC said that he asked JP at the Q&A event in Brooklyn privately about the stadium and got a very similar response. Headway has been made but details cannot be made public.

A STH on r/NYCFC said that he asked JP at the Q&A event in Brooklyn privately about the stadium and got a very similar response. Headway has been made but details cannot be made public.
head·way
ˈhedˌwā/
noun
  1. 1.
    move forward or make progress, especially when circumstances make this slow or difficult.
    "the ship was making very little headway against heavy seas"
    synonyms: make progress, progress, make strides, gain ground, advance,proceed, move, get ahead, come along, take shape
    "police have made no headway in finding the culprit"
  2. 2.
    the average interval of time between vehicles moving in the same direction on the same route.

Let me guess, that STH was Nick Chavez ??? I cannot for the life of me believe anything would be said to a STH off the record at the event because nobody wants the stuff posted to Reddit.

This is the stadium discussion thread. If this was the stadium facts thread, we would have like 2 posts.
I was just discussing what is probably false innuendo & hyperbole by a reddit user on the topic of the stadium.

While I know the majority of you guys on here, like me aren't the root of the issue.

But I just want to remind people, LOUDLY that every single incident like we had in Philly with fans throwing things, or the "hooligans" lighting smoke bombs and getting into fights at home will be brought up again and again at every community board hearing that has anything to do with a stadium.

If you guys think it's hard to build a stadium now, imagine how you'll feel when everything is ready to go and the plans have to be scrapped because community board and city council members reject the issues because of the actions of a handful of people.

Last edited:
While I know the majority of you guys on here, like me aren't the root of the issue.

But I just want to remind people, LOUDLY that every single incident like we had in Philly with fans throwing things, or the "hooligans" lighting smoke bombs and getting into fights at home will be brought up again and again at every community board hearing that has anything to do with a stadium.

If you guys think it's hard to build a stadium now, imagine how you'll feel when everything is ready to go and the plans have to be scrapped because community board and city council members reject the issues because of the actions of a handful of people.
In the morons, I mean SG, thread I posted an idea for smaller SGs where bans for any individual applied to the entire SG. Not that I think this will happen, but if it got me a stadium, I'd throw bans at a ton of them. (Not you roxfontaine.)

This is entirely correct, and a really good point about how bad behavior can have broad impact against the club. But the bigger question is how do we get rid of this behavior? How do we identify and sanction those who are too immature to know how to behave at a public event and too selfish to care.

EDIT: I think this deserves its own thread, and I think NYCFCfan NYCFCfan should start it.

i know there are a couple of big hooligan issues that may be pointed to, but lets not forget that everyone probably does at least one small something that a neighborhood resident doesn't like. A little litter (napkins/cigarettes/ect.) here and there. A little loitering by someone house, talking loudly. A little spit on the side walk (and/or puke). A bad parking job that slightly (or fully!) blocks someones car in.

And now take all these little things and multiply it by 30k. I can see why someone would say not in my backyard. Especially when someone was probably saving his whole life to afford a house in NYC putting down 700k-1,000k+ and then all of a sudden an undesirable project comes in and drops your house value by 5-10%. That would be devastating.

I say this and I support putting the stadium in nyc, so imagine how pissy someone would get if they didnt even support the idea.