Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Let me guess, that STH was Nick Chavez ??? I cannot for the life of me believe anything would be said to a STH off the record at the event because nobody wants the stuff posted to Reddit.

lol, for the record, I'm not a STH and never have been in case anyone takes this seriously. I'm in the press box.

And, no, this information didn't come from me. I've heard from a couple of people that I trust that "headway" is being made in LIC, for what it's worth.

spoke to Jon Patricof at the match on Saturday, we were in the suite next to him. Of course asked about the stadium and he said nothing concrete he could share (expected answer) but they are "pursuing a location aggressively from a number of avenues". Make of that what you will, but a standard non committal answer as well

spoke to Jon Patricof at the match on Saturday, we were in the suite next to him. Of course asked about the stadium and he said nothing concrete he could share (expected answer) but they are "pursuing a location aggressively from a number of avenues". Make of that what you will, but a standard non committal answer as well
That's more than I would have expected him to say. The indication that they are focused on one site as opposed to several suggests a more advanced focus than I would have feared. I still presume they have other options in case this site (wherever it is) falls through (I hope so at least) but it is potentially good if they have narrowed their curent efforts to one location.

Reactions: Ulrich
That's more than I would have expected him to say. The indication that they are focused on one site as opposed to several suggests a more advanced focus than I would have feared. I still presume they have other options in case this site (wherever it is) falls through (I hope so at least) but it is potentially good if they have narrowed their curent efforts to one location.

see that's they beauty of his reply. You took it as one location being looked at, I took it as multiple locations being looked at. Well done, Mr. Patricof!

This is actually a development. The stadium will be located on an avenue. So that eliminates drives and streets.

see that's they beauty of his reply. You took it as one location being looked at, I took it as multiple locations being looked at. Well done, Mr. Patricof!
Sure, but he said Location in a singular sense, and not multiple locations with an S. The devil is in the details.

This is actually a development. The stadium will be located on an avenue. So that eliminates drives and streets.
pursuing it FROM a number of Avenues, it could still wind up on a Boulevard
Interesting interpenetration. I read it as from a number of avenues as in they are traveling on an avenue, and then they turn FROM said avenue to the location. Which in reality has left all location still on the table. Devious!

Reactions: Goodfella
I see your point and would rather defer to an English major, but I think the example you use is probably an over-simplification resulting from our society becoming lazy with grammar & vocabulary (not you in particular). I have a feeling there is a very distinct difference between Job & Employment in the sentences you're using as an example.

maybe even mgarbowski mgarbowski knows the answer to this even though he's only a stinging lawyer???

I see your point and would rather defer to an English major, but I think the example you use is probably an over-simplification resulting from our society becoming lazy with grammar & vocabulary (not you in particular). I have a feeling there is a very distinct difference between Job & Employment in the sentences you're using as an example.

maybe even mgarbowski mgarbowski knows the answer to this even though he's only a stinging lawyer???
Since I was part of the original impetus for this discussion of Patricof's ambiguity, I don't think I qualify as an impartial arbiter (although I do have a background as an English major before I studied law, which, btw, is no indicator of grammatical expertise or good usage).

For what it's worth, if Patricof had said "pursuing a number of avenues to secure a location" instead of "pursuing a location aggressively from a number of avenues, "then I never would have thought that he meant one location. And yet they are nearly identical and you could argue the difference is meaningless. Still, I stand by my interpretation as reasonable, I just don't think it was exclusively reasonable. Once our very good fellow pointed out his alternative explanation, I saw the ambiguity.

Last edited:
Speaking of jobs, would a new stadium cone with on site FO jobs? Or is it only security, maintenance, concessions jobs at the stadium?