Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
spoke to Jon Patricof at the match on Saturday, we were in the suite next to him. Of course asked about the stadium and he said nothing concrete he could share (expected answer) but they are "pursuing a location aggressively from a number of avenues". Make of that what you will, but a standard non committal answer as well

Humblebrag City....

POPULATION: BXFSC

I don't think "pursuing from multiple avenues" applies to the Bronx site. How many angles could there be? The land available there is very well defined. There are three major hurdles - parking garage debt, GAL relocation, and the rerouting of 153rd St. It's too straightforward to need to get creative.

The Long Island City site makes slightly more sense. There are options. Buying air rights over the tracks. Buying land on the east, west, and/or north sides of the Fresh Direct site. Bringing in development partners for the whole neighborhood. Etc.

That said, though I think these two sites are the front-runners, I'll still bet on the field. The foundation of the LIC rumor isn't very firm. The internal top choice could be anywhere.

still a firm believer in GAL/Garage site. More so every time I get off the MetroNorth and see how empty the garage is
The problem is that you're thinking rationally and the city is irrational in thinking they will get paid those unpaid taxes. I don't think DeBlasio will budge on that issue unless CFG kicks some cash to him.

The problem is that you're thinking rationally and the city is irrational in thinking they will get paid those unpaid taxes. I don't think DeBlasio will budge on that issue unless CFG kicks some cash to him.
I think DeBlasio will be wary of having any cash kicked to him in any way given the current political environment. I don't disagree with your overall assessment though

Reactions: Paul and NYCFCfan
I was all for the GAL site. I think it made the absolute most sense from a fan's perspective. Absolutely central for so many to converge on from every direction. It's access is impeccable. But, they're thinking bigger.
Guys. I think The Toe is on the verge of cracking. Someone send him a bottle of bourbon. I bet we get our inside info by game time tomorrow.

"They're thinking bigger."

Has to be the parking lot where Shea Stadium stood before it was demolished.

Can I get a confirmed yes on this please?

"They're thinking bigger."

Has to be the parking lot where Shea Stadium stood before it was demolished.

Can I get a confirmed yes on this please?
oh man I liked LIC, but i think I'd love that.

"Thinking bigger" makes you think QUEENS? Not that there's anything wrong with Queens.
first of all, boo to you dissing queens.

2nd: since the biggest of them all would be manhanttan i can only surmise you are talking somewhere on manhattan, which i find acceptable seeing as how that is the crown jewel of real estate in the US. That would be a pretty impressive feat. Plus its super accessible with all the trains and what not.

Reactions: Gene
"Thinking bigger" makes you think QUEENS? Not that there's anything wrong with Queens.
Why not? Plenty of space for a big stadium and the infrastructure for public transportation and car traffic is already in place.

Hence I'll take that as a "yes". ;)

I initially took "thinking bigger" literally, as in a larger site than GAL, which is kind of cozy, to be nice about it. But if bigger means more prestigious, and therefore specifically the Bronx or Queens (although I would argue that LIC with a view of midtown should qualify) then yes we're talking Manhattan. Brooklyn? Hipster cred notwithstanding, it ain't any more "big" than the other outer boroughs.
Which means where the hell in Manhattan. We've covered multiple possibilities and all of them seem impossible.

The BIGGEST location possible is Pier 40. That is the soccer mecca in the City and its unfortunately got one foot in the grave already & in desperate need of private funding to keep it from sinking. Build it there, and do it right, and there isn't another stadium in the world that would have the same cache.