Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I thought the last part about Manhattanites and midtowners was the clue... Is the answer Hudson yards?
No, that's just my personal feelings. I think a Midtown stadium would be sweet, we'd get a ton of fans and would easily be the most convenient to the highest number of people... Maybe if we had this financial backing and it was the 1990s there'd have been a chance, but I don't think there's anything available that CFG wants in Midtown.

Is it awful that I hate the idea of a stadium on the west side?
No, not really. The problem with the west side for me is there's not much in the way of transportation to get there. All the way downtown would work as there's a lot of subway lines (and the PATH trains for our three New Jersey fans). Driving there and parking is tough though. Yes there's some highways and tunnels but not near enough capacity, and forget about a weeknight game. Hudson Yards now has the 7 train but driving and parking has the same issues as downtown. Neither location has space for a stadium though. Same for pier 40, too. No subways, not much car access.

In many ways where our baseball stadiums are located are both close to ideal locations. Both have parking, major highway access, subway lines and commuter rail. And space for stadiums. The west side doesn't really meet any of those criteria.

I was all for the GAL site. I think it made the absolute most sense from a fan's perspective. Absolutely central for so many to converge on from every direction. It's access is impeccable. But, they're thinking bigger.
WHOA!

I thought the last part about Manhattanites and midtowners was the clue... Is the answer Hudson yards?
He said how great that'd be, and wished it was possible, but it doesn't sound like it.

No, that's just my personal feelings. I think a Midtown stadium would be sweet, we'd get a ton of fans and would easily be the most convenient to the highest number of people... Maybe if we had this financial backing and it was the 1990s there'd have been a chance, but I don't think there's anything available that CFG wants in Midtown.

that puts us back at the Columbia site....

Reactions: DeGrozz
long time lurker signing in to chime in: not Manhattan.. thinking big.. I'm guessing Sunnyside Yards as an anchor project to the development there.

Reactions: Ulrich
long time lurker signing in to chime in: not Manhattan.. thinking big.. I'm guessing Sunnyside Yards as an anchor project to the development there.

except The Toe The Toe said earlier ""Thinking bigger" makes you think QUEENS? Not that there's anything wrong with Queens."

You goddamn right it makes me think QUEENS!

No but seriously it has a lot of transit options, only 1-3 stop from the city, LIRR access and a massive amount of space. If our overlords want to buy lots of property around it with tons of future real estate potential well there it is.

I hope not. Sunnyside Yards is YEARS away from any sort of construction. There are layers and layers of red tape there. It would be at least 2025 before we play a game there.

Reactions: Vallos
except The Toe The Toe said earlier ""Thinking bigger" makes you think QUEENS? Not that there's anything wrong with Queens."
I actually take this a different way. The Toe The Toe has rejected Queens, The Bronx, Pier 40, midtown, and GAL. He has said that CFG is going HUGE. He has said that the site has been discussed in this thread already.

I'm beginning to think the possibility we've all overlooked is obvious.

It's staring us in the face.

The answer is so simple. The Toe is trolling us.

I actually take this a different way. The Toe The Toe has rejected Queens, The Bronx, Pier 40, midtown, and GAL. He has said that CFG is going HUGE. He has said that the site has been discussed in this thread already.

I'm beginning to think the possibility we've all overlooked is obvious.

It's staring us in the face.

The answer is so simple. The Toe is trolling us.
For the record, he never ruled out Queens the same way he ruled out BX, Pier 40, etc. He just asked the question incredulously. But he hasn't yet ruled out Brooklyn, so I have to wonder...

Reactions: Goodfella
For the record, he never ruled out Queens the same way he ruled out BX, Pier 40, etc. He just asked the question incredulously. But he hasn't yet ruled out Brooklyn, so I have to wonder...
Excellent! I previously discussed the Container Yard/Piers adjacent to the Brooklyn Bridge Park. That area would be awesome and would really help the waterfront below Cobble Hill and next to Red Hook.

I'm guessing the Brooklyn Navy Yard is out since it's a serious walk to the interior of the yard from any subway. Albeit it would be an awesome location for ambiance and views and would lend itself to ridiculous possibilities for a nickname.

-edit- a stadium there would also invigorate Atlantic Avenue - there are currently some bars and restaurants, but there's so much unsigned commercial property sitting vacant. Pedestrian traffic for games would be eye opening.

I still think this is a pipe dream but if CFG wanted to splash the cash and go big, this is a location that fits the bill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
Excellent! I previously discussed the Container Yard/Piers adjacent to the Brooklyn Bridge Park. That area would be awesome and would really help the waterfront below Cobble Hill and next to Red Hook.

I'm guessing the Brooklyn Navy Yard is out since it's a serious walk to the interior of the yard from any subway. Albeit it would be an awesome location for ambiance and views and would lend itself to ridiculous possibilities for a nickname.

-edit- a stadium there would also invigorate Atlantic Avenue - there are currently some bars and restaurants, but there's so much unsigned commercial property sitting vacant. Pedestrian traffic for games would be eye opening.

I still think this is a pipe dream but if CFG wanted to splash the cash and go big, this is a location that fits the bill.
As a Brooklyn resident, I approve and concur with this message. Would love the stadium here, potentially walking distance.

I sure hope that The Toe The Toe is better at forecasting stadium locations than he is at gambling. Hot off of the presses:

Gambler made 'worst cash out decision in history' on Leicester bet

Now that Leicester City are inches away from winning the title, everyone seems to have had the clairvoyant prowess to bet on the 5000:1 Foxes at the start of the season.

Even Tom Hanks said he put "100 quid" on Leicester to claim the Premier League!

But as with most things in life, there's a balance when it comes to big winners. A lot of folks have to welch (or follow through) on some pretty imprudent promises if Leicester win the league.

Perhaps nobody feels worse, though, than the bettor that cashed out for what's been deemed the "worst cash out decision in history" by Ladbrokes.

The still-anonymous customer, known only as “the Toe from the Bronx,” placed a bet worth about 73 cents on Leicester to win it all, according to PA Sport. But after Leicester won their first match of the season, the cold-footed gambler cashed out. Their return? A paltry 65 cents.

Assuming Leicester finish the job, that same bet would earn a return of roughly $3,638. That's gotta hurt. Especially when a handful of other savvy bettors cashed out recently with some monster sums.

Not all is lost, though. As a consolation, Ladbrokes offered the customer a pair of tickets to a game next season, as well as a free bet on any team to win the title next season.

Hopefully they take the bet, but more importantly: Hopefully they let it ride.