• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
From Reddit FWIW:
"I won the cityzens contest where you watch the game in the President's suite recently. (Great fun, Jon Patricof was really nice)
There was an employee talking to someone else in the suite I was in, he seemed like a special guest they were trying to woo. The guy asked about whether they plan to build their own stadium and the employee said they have a whole team solely devoted to finding a site. And then the employee said "off the record, we're going to be making a stadium announcement some time this year". So it sounds like they're much closer than they've let on? Obviously this is total hear say but it got me excited and thought I'd share.
TLDR: I overheard a club rep say they're going to make a stadium announcement this year."
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/4h9pz4/stadium_thing_i_heard/

image.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
OK, but WHICH July ? July 2016 or July 2019 ?
July 2016. I don't know what the update will be at this point but there will be some sort of update. It could be "nothing is happening" or it could be real details, I'm as anxious as you guys are to have this thread behind us.

July 2016. I don't know what the update will be at this point but there will be some sort of update. It could be "nothing is happening" or it could be real details, I'm as anxious as you guys are to have this thread behind us.

For shame. I put my blood into this thread so my children and their children can enjoy it may years into the future. This thread shall never be locked.

For shame. I put my blood into this thread so my children and their children can enjoy it may years into the future. This thread shall never be locked.
I thought almost the exact same thing when I read his post. :)

Reactions: adam
This thread will (hopefully) only morph into a Stadium Construction thread..... should be good for another 250 pages minimum.

So let's say the GAL site has a value of X. The day leaks start coming out that CFG are close to securing some other spot, the value of the GAL site goes to, say, 1/10 X. So the day after the leaks start, CFG goes to GAL and says, "I will pay you 7/10X for this site, final offer, or I'm going elsewhere." Problem solved, stadium in the Bronx, Fred Mertz (& son) happy.

So let's say the GAL site has a value of X. The day leaks start coming out that CFG are close to securing some other spot, the value of the GAL site goes to, say, 1/10 X. So the day after the leaks start, CFG goes to GAL and says, "I will pay you 7/10X for this site, final offer, or I'm going elsewhere." Problem solved, stadium in the Bronx, Fred Mertz (& son) happy.
Playing chicken is easy when there's a real Plan B to stack the cards... Let's hope there's a real plan B.

I'm trying to think if an update this year, without a serious announcement, would actually be good for the fanbase. Or if it would just grow the anxiety. Maybe NYCFCfan NYCFCfan has looked into some of the previous "updates" from other clubs... what could they actually give us while still keeping their cards close to vest and not compromise their position?

I think at this point, I'm ready for the concrete word saying: "Recently, we came to an agreement with XXXX on the acquisition of XXX acres in the borough of XXX, at the site formerly comprising XXX, to build a XXX-seat SSS, blah blah blah...", instead of a flimsy update. I guess a timeline would be about as much as we could ask for.

This thread will (hopefully) only morph into a Stadium Construction thread..... should be good for another 250 pages minimum.
Post on page 483 of this thread:
"Did you see those welds that guy Freddy was doing?!?!? Friggin' sparks flying all over the place and melted iron just dripping onto the beams. If I never see that welder guy on the site again it'll be too soon. Can't believe management lets him weld."