Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I sure hope that The Toe The Toe is better at forecasting stadium locations than he is at gambling. Hot off of the presses:

Gambler made 'worst cash out decision in history' on Leicester bet

Now that Leicester City are inches away from winning the title, everyone seems to have had the clairvoyant prowess to bet on the 5000:1 Foxes at the start of the season.

Even Tom Hanks said he put "100 quid" on Leicester to claim the Premier League!

But as with most things in life, there's a balance when it comes to big winners. A lot of folks have to welch (or follow through) on some pretty imprudent promises if Leicester win the league.

Perhaps nobody feels worse, though, than the bettor that cashed out for what's been deemed the "worst cash out decision in history" by Ladbrokes.

The still-anonymous customer, known only as “the Toe from the Bronx,” placed a bet worth about 73 cents on Leicester to win it all, according to PA Sport. But after Leicester won their first match of the season, the cold-footed gambler cashed out. Their return? A paltry 65 cents.

Assuming Leicester finish the job, that same bet would earn a return of roughly $3,638. That's gotta hurt. Especially when a handful of other savvy bettors cashed out recently with some monster sums.

Not all is lost, though. As a consolation, Ladbrokes offered the customer a pair of tickets to a game next season, as well as a free bet on any team to win the title next season.

Hopefully they take the bet, but more importantly: Hopefully they let it ride.
You're misidentifying me. I'm mentioned in the article, however. I am Tom Hanks.

But, on a serious note. The source I got my info from would be rock solid in this and is connected in the process. We all want the stadium now, but CFG isn't going to skimp or settle in big real estate stuff like this. The process isn't as far along as we'd hoped, but they're really going after a certain borough.

You're misidentifying me. I'm mentioned in the article, however. I am Tom Hanks.

But, on a serious note. The source I got my info from would be rock solid in this and is connected in the process. We all want the stadium now, but CFG isn't going to skimp or settle in big real estate stuff like this. The process isn't as far along as we'd hoped, but they're really going after a certain borough.
Good to hear they're thinking big for the stadium, especially considering they're skimping on the GK situation.... sorry, my frustration is cross-pollinating this thread....

I just pray the borough they want is either Manhattan or Brooklyn, because if they pick real estate the way they pick GKs, we could be looking at Staten Island......

photo.jpg

Shots fired.

From Reddit FWIW:
"I won the cityzens contest where you watch the game in the President's suite recently. (Great fun, Jon Patricof was really nice)
There was an employee talking to someone else in the suite I was in, he seemed like a special guest they were trying to woo. The guy asked about whether they plan to build their own stadium and the employee said they have a whole team solely devoted to finding a site. And then the employee said "off the record, we're going to be making a stadium announcement some time this year". So it sounds like they're much closer than they've let on? Obviously this is total hear say but it got me excited and thought I'd share.
TLDR: I overheard a club rep say they're going to make a stadium announcement this year."
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/4h9pz4/stadium_thing_i_heard/

From Reddit FWIW:
"I won the cityzens contest where you watch the game in the President's suite recently. (Great fun, Jon Patricof was really nice)
There was an employee talking to someone else in the suite I was in, he seemed like a special guest they were trying to woo. The guy asked about whether they plan to build their own stadium and the employee said they have a whole team solely devoted to finding a site. And then the employee said "off the record, we're going to be making a stadium announcement some time this year". So it sounds like they're much closer than they've let on? Obviously this is total hear say but it got me excited and thought I'd share.
TLDR: I overheard a club rep say they're going to make a stadium announcement this year."
really? need a TLDR for 1 paragraph. Ugh laziness.

really? need a TLDR for 1 paragraph. Ugh laziness.
Dude won the auction to watch the game with the NYCFC in a suite. Overheard another NYCFC employee saying that there were be some sort of announcement this year.

From Reddit FWIW:

I like to part about having a whole dedicated team. Not as moved by the vague comment from a random employee to someone they are trying to woo.

Dude won the auction to watch the game with the NYCFC in a suite. Overheard another NYCFC employee saying that there were be some sort of announcement this year.
Thanks, however, I wasn't asking for one. I was commenting that the guy on reddit added a TLDR for a 1 paragraph.

Reactions: FootyLovin
From Reddit FWIW:

We are continuing our search to find a soccer specific stadium within the five boroughs............

I really like what they did with the Forsyth Barr field. They build a see through roof. Awesome.