Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
7 train is quite good, actually. http://gothamist.com/2015/09/17/mta_subway_report_card.php

Except on weekends.
I drive nearly exclusively, but when i do drink (insert dos eques meme here) I take the trains. and I gotta say the nicest trains I ride are the 7 and N trains. I am suprised this gives the N a low cleanliness rating, it's usually one of the newer cleaner and modern cars in service. and the 7 i think is like the crown jewel of the system.

Pretty sure he's talking about the 7 train sucking...especially on weekends.

I live on the 7 line. Apart from the weekends when it's closed (which is not a minor issue), I literally have zero complaints about it.

I live on the 7 line. Apart from the weekends when it's closed (which is not a minor issue), I literally have zero complaints about it.

I hardly ever take the 7, maybe it's great..I was speaking on his behalf because our team shit the bed, our DP is a waste and there's no stadium on the horizon...so nothing else to talk about lol.

DeBlasio is currently engulfed in a series of scandals at city hall and trying to save his own ass next year in hopes to get re-elected.

I highly doubt any word on a new stadium will come out until after next years mayoral election in November -- at the earliest.

DeBlasio isn't going to back a stadium announcement now, because the spotlight is too bright on his scandals. And in the leadup to the election next year, approving a $300M stadium for a soccer team with dwindling attendance is not going to get the public enthused.

So I figure the timeline is:
2018 onward - stadium announcement
2020 onward - move into new stadium

That means at least 4 more seasons at Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
And in the leadup to the election next year, approving a $300M stadium for a soccer team with dwindling attendance is not going to get the public enthused.

pretty sure our 2016 attendance figures are running neck in neck with 2015, but agree that I wouldn't expect much from DeBlasio related to real estate for the remainder of his term. Anything would be questioned as an under the table deal

Reactions: SoupInNYC and joe
pretty sure our 2016 attendance figures are running neck in neck with 2015, but agree that I wouldn't expect much from DeBlasio related to real estate for the remainder of his term. Anything would be questioned as an under the table deal
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use the word dwindling to describe our attendance this year. Slightly down from last year is where I thought we were, but not dwindling.

Reactions: Gene and Goodfella
I've been to every home game but one. Don't go by announced attendance.

The attendance at our home games is definitely dwindling or, put another way, noticeably down.

I've been to every home game but one. Don't go by announced attendance.

The attendance at our home games is definitely dwindling or, put another way, noticeably down.
announced attendance is tickets sold and while I would prefer to know turnstile numbers it's what MLS uses, so that's what I base my reply on

announced attendance is tickets sold and while I would prefer to know turnstile numbers it's what MLS uses, so that's what I base my reply on

That's fine. I'm just telling you what I see with my eyes sitting there every week. It's noticeably less than last year.

That's fine. I'm just telling you what I see with my eyes sitting there every week. It's noticeably less than last year.
The weather has been crap. This weekend is a good litmus test. Playing for first place against a "rival" and weather should be great.

Reactions: The Toe and Ulrich
Going off this thread
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/2016-attendance-thread.4343/

we can see our average 2016 to date is about 2,200 lower than last year average total. That may or may not be a fair comparison based on what games are in the sample. Also the RB game this was was 10k lower than last year, which is a lot and not just weather. It's probably mostly the "first ever" effect that drove last year's higher but still an 10k drop for a signature game is big. Our low so far is 3k higher than last year's low, and I doubt we'll have anything lower because of STH figures which provide a base we cannot go lower than unless people cancel midseason. I think it's fair to say the non-STH sales have been lower than last year.

I disagree. It's noticeably less than late last year, when we were regularly announcing high 20's to low 30's. In the early part of last season when we were drawing low 20's at this point, it seems just about the same to me. It's important to note that with more sections opened up for these ealry games that were not open last season, it might make it feel/seem like fewer people are actually there, but they are simply spread about more.
Basically, I don't think the difference between turnstile and announced attendance is any different this year than last. Just my observation of course, and I did miss two games and sit on the opposite side of the stadium now.

Let's also not forget that we have had worse comparable weather and schedule congestion this year. I'd imagine many STH's missed at least one of that 3 game in like 8 day stretch we had.

Last edited: