Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Baseball is a dying sport amongst youths. Let's just claim Yankee Stadium, knock it down, then build a soccer stadium.

You can't knock down Yankee Stadium, the house that Ruth built, it's a landmark and a national treasure!!!! Oh wait...

Reactions: Kjbert
Baseball is a dying sport amongst youths. Let's just claim Yankee Stadium, knock it down, then build a soccer stadium.
You only have to knock down part of it and rebuild like Portland did. They have a very cozy and fun/irregular stadium design.

You only have to knock down part of it and rebuild like Portland did. They have a very cozy and fun/irregular stadium design.

You really don't have to knock down anything. If you just gut the entire inside from the field to the seats, you could build a full soccer field with about 30K seats.

Though that would be a terrible exterior design for a soccer stadium with no ideal roofing situation.

You really don't have to knock down anything. If you just gut the entire inside from the field to the seats, you could build a full soccer field with about 30K seats.

Though that would be a terrible exterior design for a soccer stadium with no ideal roofing situation.
Jon Sn.... err.... Lion, you know nothing about architecture...

Why not just build it on top of an already existing parking garage around the stadium. There has to be an opportunity to build on top of something around there.

Why not just build it on top of an already existing parking garage around the stadium. There has to be an opportunity to build on top of something around there.

I thought 100 pages ago we determined we were building on top of Bloomingdales.

Damn I thought Queens was the last place being intensely looked at. Sounds like we're starting again? Fresh Direct site is over with?

Still, the last I'd heard is that Manhattan was the borough they're aggressively looking at. At least they're not considering a shared stadium with the Cosmos anymore (I don't know when this was an option, but it was on the table at some point)
Wait a minute..... you've never given any indication of where they were looking, even when the Fresh Direct speculation was in 5th gear, and now out of nowhere you drop that Manhattan is their desired location ?!?!?! Saying that without a possible parcel or two of land for the site is just cruel and a borderline forum foul. You have been warned......

Still, the last I'd heard is that Manhattan was the borough they're aggressively looking at. At least they're not considering a shared stadium with the Cosmos anymore (I don't know when this was an option, but it was on the table at some point)

Columbia Sports Complex in Inwood? Or would Etihad Island be considered part of Manhattan. #EtihadIsland #AnotherOne

Reactions: DeGrozz and Kjbert
Wait a minute..... you've never given any indication of where they were looking, even when the Fresh Direct speculation was in 5th gear, and now out of nowhere you drop that Manhattan is their desired location ?!?!?! Saying that without a possible parcel or two of land for the site is just cruel and a borderline forum foul. You have been warned......
I said it wasn't Queens, didn't I? I said "think bigger", what's "bigger" than Manhattan? This is still the same info I got a handful of months ago, so maybe things have changed? The shared stadium was the catastrophe. Could you imagine? Yeesh.

Reactions: Lasker and Kjbert
I said it wasn't Queens, didn't I? I said "think bigger", what's "bigger" than Manhattan? This is still the same info I got a handful of months ago, so maybe things have changed? The shared stadium was the catastrophe. Could you imagine? Yeesh.

Harlem?

Just playfully busting on you... But in truth "bigger" really could have been LionNYC LionNYC 's EtihadIsland