Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Jets aren't going anywhere. Woody Johnson is one of the cheapest men in professional sports (it's all relative) and not close to being one of the brightest either.

Outside of the City of New York footing the cost of a new stadium for him, he's stuck in New Jersey.
He's not "stuck" in NJ. They sold out every game for 30+ years before the ridiculous PSLs.

Reactions: adam
He's not "stuck" in NJ. They sold out every game for 30+ years before the ridiculous PSLs.

You misunderstood me. He's not footing the bill of a stadium in New York City. Short of public financing, he's not headed to New York City.

Movement afoot to draft Shaun Donovan to primary De Blasio. Would certainly impact what we are trying to do.

Movement afoot to draft Shaun Donovan to primary De Blasio. Would certainly impact what we are trying to do.
Anybody but DeBlasio. Enlist an orangutan for all I care, as long as they enjoy the beautiful game and don't ransom construction permits.

There isn't a politico out there who won't ransom construction permits. We can only hope he's a little more "user friendly" when it comes to accepting campaign donations. <cough>

That's Yankees Senior VP and Assistant GM Jean Afterman who apparently said that.

Seems not everyone in the Yankees hierarchy is as happy with this deal as I thought.

That's pretty surprising. How in the world is it the least bit inconvenient for the Yankees? Heaven forbid the YES Network end up with additional programming or the Stadium have something to occupy it besides a Garth Brooks concert.

I would bet that's a minority opinion. Certainly the Steinbrenners don't feel that way.

EDIT: I see that the person who posted that is a huge Red Bulls shill and not a reporter, so grain of salt and all that.

That's pretty surprising. How in the world is it the least bit inconvenient for the Yankees? Heaven forbid the YES Network end up with additional programming or the Stadium have something to occupy it besides a Garth Brooks concert.

I would bet that's a minority opinion. Certainly the Steinbrenners don't feel that way.

EDIT: I see that the person who posted that is a huge Red Bulls shill and not a reporter, so grain of salt and all that.
Note he added the hashtag RBNY. As if it had anything to do with the tweet.

Edit: I actually thought I typed RBNY. This is a test to see if there is an autocorrect on the forum or if I had it instilled in my mind that even when I'm thinking of typing RBNY, my mind goes to RBNJ

Edit2: Its an autocorrect. Well done NYCFC_Dan

That's Yankees Senior VP and Assistant GM Jean Afterman who apparently said that.

Seems not everyone in the Yankees hierarchy is as happy with this deal as I thought.
It also seems like a jerky thing to tweet out what (if true) was likely just a passing, likely in fun comment from executive to some random kid. I know that all is fair game these days, but I would feel a little funny seeing someone in the ordinary course of life, taking a statement they obviously didn't mean to be blasted, and then blasting it out. Yes, you have to be careful what you say these days, but I still think it's a bit lame.

It also seems like a jerky thing to tweet out what (if true) was likely just a passing, likely in fun comment from executive to some random kid. I know that all is fair game these days, but I would feel a little funny seeing someone in the ordinary course of life, taking a statement they obviously didn't mean to be blasted, and then blasting it out. Yes, you have to be careful what you say these days, but I still think it's a bit lame.
I disagree. As a corporate executive you have to know that everything you say outside of close friends and family (and sometimes even then) is on the record. That's the world we live in. They teach their athletes that. The executives have to model the same.

I disagree. As a corporate executive you have to know that everything you say outside of close friends and family (and sometimes even then) is on the record. That's the world we live in. They teach their athletes that. The executives have to model the same.
I was not commenting on whether assistant executive should have been more careful about what she said to random kid. I was commenting on the actions of random kid. If assistant executive didn't heed the footylovin training on discretion and answered a leading question in jest from a random kid, it doesn't mean that it's not jerky (that's a term of art) to blast it publicly.

If you had a random encounter with assistant executive from NYCFC while on treadmills at the gym, and you said to him "it must have been nice to beat that cry baby Marsch" and he responded "you better believe it" I know that you wouldn't then decide that it was appropriate to tweet to the world that NYCFC assistant executive told you that it was nice to beat that cry baby Marsch. You could rationalize that it would be appropriate because that is the world we live in, but I don't think you would do it because you are not a jerk (and far from it my friend).

Last edited:
I was not commenting on whether assistant executive should have been more careful about what he said to random kid. I was commenting on the actions of random kid. If assistant executive didn't heed the footylovin training on discretion and answered a leading question in jest from a random kid, it doesn't mean that it's not jerky (that's a term of art) to blast it publicly.

If you had a random encounter with assistant executive from NYCFC while on treadmills at the gym, and you said to him "it must have been nice to beat that cry baby Marsch" and he responded "you better believe it" I know that you wouldn't then decide that it was appropriate to tweet to the world that NYCFC assistant executive told you that it was nice to beat that cry baby Marsch. You could rationalize that it would be appropriate because that is the world we live in, but I don't think you would do it because you are not a jerk (and far from it my friend).
Totally with you on that front. Kid is jerky. (I thought that term was more science than art.)

Reactions: adam and JayH
If she said that, she probably shouldn't have. Whether she feels that way inside is one thing - as an executive for one of the world's largest sports franchises, that's a PR faux pas that shouldn't ever occur.

If she said that, she probably shouldn't have. Whether she feels that way inside is one thing - as an executive for one of the world's largest sports franchises, that's a PR faux pas that shouldn't ever occur.
Not like that's new for the Yankees. Full disclosure: I'm a NYY fan. There's sort of a history there of saying/doing stupid shit.

Last edited: