Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Steinbrenner vs. Martin. Five times. I rest my case.
It's all Costanza's fault.
CpR0RbsUEAA9uVW.png:large

If that turns out to be the case, NYCFC should start lowering our renewel prices by $1/year
Well if they are going to be in Yankee Stadium for that long (which I am growing confident in that we will), they better start increasing the perks as a STH for us. We are still middle of the pack in terms of perks compared to other clubs.

I like perks as much as the next guy but I don't really feel we have much to complain about on that front:

a) Cityzens is actually pretty solid - you can get a game in the Delta club every year without any extra effort, two if you tweet a lot or otherwise put some effort into getting points.

b) This year's hypnobox was neat

c) Villa

d) Lampard

e) Pirlo

Can I get some for examples?
I'll just name off the teams I remember off the top of my head, and you can check out the perks for yourself. Note that I am including the fact they get a early-renewal gift each season, and other things periodically throughout the year.

Portland
Red Cows (sad but true)
Galaxy
Seattle
Orlando

Are the teams that I know speaking with other STH get better perks, and I know there are a few other teams that give a tad more than us, but the teams escape my head currently.

I like perks as much as the next guy but I don't really feel we have much to complain about on that front:

a) Cityzens is actually pretty solid - you can get a game in the Delta club every year without any extra effort, two if you tweet a lot or otherwise put some effort into getting points.

b) This year's hypnobox was neat

c) Villa

d) Lampard

e) Pirlo
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining significantly that our perks suck (FC Dallas fans have it terrible), but I am simply affirming that if we are going to be stuck in Yankee Stadium for several more seasons at minimum, it would be nice to see a few more perks added or upgraded is all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining significantly that our perks suck (FC Dallas fans have it terrible), but I am simply affirming that if we are going to be stuck in Yankee Stadium for several more seasons at minimum, it would be nice to see a few more perks added or upgraded is all.
I don't really care about perks. A season ticket isn't a Happy Meal to me. If they are building the price of perks into the season ticket in some balance sheet, I'd rather have a cheaper ticket. Or a better academy setup. Or more public soccer pitches in NYC. I get that sports is entertainment is a product in the US though.

I don't really care about perks. A season ticket isn't a Happy Meal to me. If they are building the price of perks into the season ticket in some balance sheet, I'd rather have a cheaper ticket. I get that sports is entertainment is a product in the US though.
See, I would totally agree with you, but sadly our prices are towards the top of the league I believe. :p

Ha, I'm sure that's somewhat justified. But now I want to see their finances.
I'm sure they're in the Black when not taking infrastructure into account - solely operating costs. Between ticket prices, merchandise, and concessions, they have to be one of the most cash-flush clubs in the league.... Even with 3 high priced DPs - they are selling jerseys and such to recoup the investment.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm pretty much okay with what they have offered. To me, its all icing on the cake, and to take that analogy further, I can take it or leave it. Its the cake that I really want. Having said that, however, there is one perk I really wish they would provide: Cityzens discount on alcohol!

I know that this is a non-starter with a public park and all, but it would be cool if they could rent out the park next door and throw a pre-match party for Citizens. Cheap beer, food, hell even City beats! Do like one of those fan fest thingy's with various games and such going on to keep all ages entertained!
That would be cool. I'm not really a fan of any of the bars nearby plus they don't work when you comes with yutes.

I'm pretty much okay with what they have offered. To me, its all icing on the cake, and to take that analogy further, I can take it or leave it. Its the cake that I really want. Having said that, however, there is one perk I really wish they would provide: Cityzens discount on alcohol!
As someone who works for legends at a concert venue, there is sadly two main reasons they keep their prices so high.
A) They have a monopoly. I'm not sure if that's how it is at YS but where I work we are the only alcohol distributors so the company will try to get as much money as they can out of you at a price you're willing to pay because there are no competitors. That's what most people would think when seeing the prices.
B) They are looking out for your safety and the safety of other guests. The idea is they don't want people buying a lot of beer (getting wasted) and losing their judgement (streaking across the field, beating up opposing fans). So the price is set high enough that you won't buy that much because your wallet will start crying in your pocket.

Also in Vallos Vallos case, Legends is not affiliated with the team so I highly doubt they would one day be using cityzen points for discounts on alcohol.
So I recommend the pre-game or the post game for less expensive beer somewhere other than the stadium.

Remember too that the Club would much rather have fans buy season tickets than just go and buy one offs for the games they really care about. I can only make about half the games each year, but I buy season tickets because of all the things I can get that simply are not available for non-Cityzens. Seeing my kids walk out onto the pitch or get autographs is worth a lot to me.

As someone who works for legends at a concert venue, there is sadly two main reasons they keep their prices so high.
A) They have a monopoly. I'm not sure if that's how it is at YS but where I work we are the only alcohol distributors so the company will try to get as much money as they can out of you at a price you're willing to pay because there are no competitors. That's what most people would think when seeing the prices.
B) They are looking out for your safety and the safety of other guests. The idea is they don't want people buying a lot of beer (getting wasted) and losing their judgement (streaking across the field, beating up opposing fans). So the price is set high enough that you won't buy that much because your wallet will start crying in your pocket.

Also in Vallos Vallos case, Legends is not affiliated with the team so I highly doubt they would one day be using cityzen points for discounts on alcohol.
So I recommend the pre-game or the post game for less expensive beer somewhere other than the stadium.
It is debatable, to an extent as to why they have prices so high, but your points are valid and certainly not lost within my rationale. I was coming from a "wishful thinking" point of view for others who don't tailgate/bars. As for me... my sister lives less than a mile away from the stadium. I always "tailgate" at her house! :D

Reactions: Ulrich and CCMore
Legends is co-owned by Yankees/cowboys, no? And the Yankees/CFG co-own NYCFC. So transitive property says that Legends is affiliated with the club :)

But to he point of using cityzen points for alcohol discounts.... I think state liquor laws/taxation prohibits that since money isn't the medium for sale and under-21 supporters can be STH -> cityzen members.