Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I know that this is a non-starter with a public park and all, but it would be cool if they could rent out the park next door and throw a pre-match party for Citizens. Cheap beer, food, hell even City beats! Do like one of those fan fest thingy's with various games and such going on to keep all ages entertained!
That would be cool. I'm not really a fan of any of the bars nearby plus they don't work when you comes with yutes.
Maybe they can't use a public park but perhaps they could rent out the top level of one of the parking garages nearby. Not a nice comfy lawn but the burgers would taste just as good.

I know that this is a non-starter with a public park and all, but it would be cool if they could rent out the park next door and throw a pre-match party for Citizens. Cheap beer, food, hell even City beats! Do like one of those fan fest thingy's with various games and such going on to keep all ages entertained!
That would be cool. I'm not really a fan of any of the bars nearby plus they don't work when you comes with yutes.
Why rent out the park when they have a very large stadium in which to do that.

As frustrating as it is to see nycfc wait for a stadium, its great news for the league when new stadiums begin elsewhere

LAFC to hold groundbreaking event for new stadium on Tuesday

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/19/lafc-hold-groundbreaking-event-new-stadium-tuesday

and with Minnesota now joining the league, lets hope this stadium does get built as its gorgeous.

stadium2.jpg

If you think we are obsessed with the lack of visible progress on our new stadium, go check http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/19/atlanta-join-eastern-conference-2017-minnesota-compete-west

The story is about MLS conference alignment after Atlanta and Minnesota join next season. As is probably expected by most, Atlanta joins the East and Minnesota the West. It's not really an article likely to generate a lot of comments, rancor or controversy. If I were looking for some, I think the only "issue" worthy of any thought is that 4 teams in the Central Time Zone (Dallas, Houston, Minnesota and KC) have to play in the West because of US geographical population imbalance, which can be rough. It's something all the sports leagues have to deal with. But nobody talks about that, or even anything relevant to anything.

Instead, the first comment on the article, with 37 upvotes and 50 follow-on comments says:
"nycfc should be given a deadline to build a proper stadium or get kicked out"

What the literally f*ck?!
Ask a random US soccer fan what he or she had for breakfast, and there's like a 50% chance they'll answer by mentioning Pro-Rel or the Yankee Stadium soccer field. The article isn't even about the Minnesota stadium. It's about the conference assignments. That's obsession. At least this is our team.

Last edited:
If you think we are obsessed with the lack of visible progress on our new stadium, go check http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/19/atlanta-join-eastern-conference-2017-minnesota-compete-west

The story is about MLS conference alignment after Atlanta and Minnesota join next season. As is probably expected by most, Atlanta joins the East and Minnesota the West. It's not really an article likely to generate a lot of comments, rancor or controversy. If I were looking for some, I think the only "issue" worthy of any thought is that 4 teams in the Central Time Zone (Dallas, Houston, Minnesota and KC) have to play in the West because of US geographical population imbalance, which can be rough. It's something all the sports leagues have to deal with. But nobody talks about that, or even anything relevant to anything.

Instead, the first comment on the article, with 37 upvotes and 50 follow-on comments says:
"nycfc should be given a deadline to build a proper stadium or get kicked out"

What the literally fuck?!
Ask a random US soccer fan what he or she had for breakfast, and there's like a 50% chance they'll answer by mentioning Pro-Rel or the Yankee Stadium soccer field. The article isn't even about the Minnesota stadium. It's about the conference assignments. That's obsession. At least this is our team.

I can understand that point of view though.

Every expansion team needs a stadium plan in place before it gets accepted.

NYCFC got to bypass that simply because Garber needed another NYC team for the tv dollars.

No other city would get such a luxury, which makes me wonder where nycfc would be playing if the yankees didnt come on board at the last minute

NYCFC got to bypass that simply because Garber needed another NYC team for the tv dollars.

No other city would get such a luxury, which makes me wonder where nycfc would be playing if the yankees didn't come on board at the last minute
Yes but it already comes up in the comments of every game report of our home games. The point has some validity; there's just no cause to bring it up in articles where it's completely irrelevant.

No other city would get such a luxury, which makes me wonder where nycfc would be playing if the yankees didnt come on board at the last minute
Here's the thing, it's not a coincidence that MLS has had a spiking of interest on the TV and sponsor side with when NYCFC joined. We're money and an avenue in Europe for them. YS isn't ideal, but when it's filled with 25k+ spectators, a lot can be overlooked regarding "rules." DC played in a dump for 20+ years. New England is a shitty situation. Chicago has a SSS and probably wishes they didn't have that particular one. The point is, if MLS wanted a team in NYC, they were going to have to be patient. Everybody else is just hurt that this season is making the lot of teams look foolish with the xenophobic "gotta be MLS" to succeed, and the stadium is convenient to attack since PV has shut them up regarding his pedigree.

Yankees ask for $1 billion in tax exempt bonds.

http://thenycfcnation.sportsblog.co...quests--1-04-billion-in-tax-exempt-bonds.html

TL;DR - The Yankees say they want to use some of the money to help refinance their old bonds, but also say they'll create 2k new jobs with the money. I don't think they're hiring a 2k new accountants or tax attorneys. Sound the hype klaxons.

But in all seriousness, while there's no big red text saying "STADIUM INCOMING" when the part owners ask for $1 billion in bonds, I think it's worth discussing.

The NYC IDA is where big businesses go to ask the city for help in acquiring land and/or construction of a large project. The caveat being it has to benefit the city in upwards of $1 million and provide jobs to New Yorkers. So this isn't where your local bodega will go because they want to put in a new fridge, this is where the Yankees went to the first time to get their stadium money. I'm cautiously optimistic this means something, though you guys can all go to the public hearing and quiz them about it yourselves.

Last edited:
Yankees ask for $1 billion in tax exempt bonds.

http://thenycfcnation.sportsblog.co...quests--1-04-billion-in-tax-exempt-bonds.html

TL;DR - The Yankees say they want to use some of the money to help refinance their old bonds, but also say they'll create 2k new jobs with the money. I don't think they're hiring a 2k new accountants or tax attorneys. Sound the hype klaxons.

But in all seriousness, while there's no big red text saying "STADIUM INCOMING" when the part owners ask for $1 billion in bonds, I think it's worth discussing.

The NYC IDA is where big businesses go to ask the city for help in acquiring land and/or construction of a large project. The caveat being it has to benefit the city in upwards of $1 million and provide jobs to New Yorkers. So this isn't where your local bodega will go because they want to put in a new fridge, this is where the Yankees went to the first time to get their stadium money. I'm cautiously optimistic this means something, though you guys can all go to the public hearing and quiz them about it yourselves.
The team said that we should have some info this summer so that gives them a couple of weeks to go........ tick tock......tick tock..........:):):)

Reactions: Kjbert
TBH i lowkey want the Columbia site. Its beautiful
I live right across the street from it, it is gorgeous. But it has some gaps from a transportation perspective and will get massive push back from the neighborhood. and I don't think it's gone beyond a premature idea.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I think PRO Rugby is putting it's New York team in the Columbia site.
some local NY rugby teams already play there but they always play on the soccer field not the football field. So I would expect PRO rugby to do the same. The soccer field is being resurfaced currently and will be covered for year round use under a new project:

• Constructing a seasonal air-supported structure (bubble) at Baker Athletics Complex is imperative for winter practice for our varsity outdoor field sports programs
  • The Bubble at Baker will be placed over the soccer field in Rocco B. Commisso Stadium in winter months (November-March) for use by:

http://www.columbiacampaignforathletics.com/#current-initiatives/bubble-at-baker-athletics-complex