Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
New renderings out of DC :sob:
http://www.dcunited.com/club/new-stadium

I say stop shooting for some big ticket spot and just find a quiet corner to squeeze something like this in. Doesn't look like they had a huge footprint to work with, but are getting it done. We also don't need all those extra frills surrounding it ("65,000 square foot public plaza that will also serve as a game day festival plaza") - we have a ~30 square mile public plaza called Manhattan to chill at before games. #SqueezeUsIn

upload_2016-9-16_9-37-25.png

Was any one laser focused on that bond meeting everyone was super excited about last month?
Funny that you mention it, someone (a random audience member) actually brought it up at the hearing.

The guy specifically asked about the parking lots, and the associated development of the area, and even went so far as to ask about building a soccer stadium as had been mentioned in the newspapers.

The IDA told him that there was no Q&A and this was just an opportunity for the public to comment on the Yankees proposal, furthermore she said the Yankees proposal had nothing to do with the current arrangements of the parking lots.

So whoever you are random audience member, thank you for being the hero we all asked for.

New renderings out of DC :sob:
http://www.dcunited.com/club/new-stadium

I say stop shooting for some big ticket spot and just find a quiet corner to squeeze something like this in. Doesn't look like they had a huge footprint to work with, but are getting it done. We also don't need all those extra frills surrounding it ("65,000 square foot public plaza that will also serve as a game day festival plaza") - we have a ~30 square mile public plaza called Manhattan to chill at before games. #SqueezeUsIn

View attachment 5770
I like it but they should put the overhang roofs on the end stands as well, keep the noise in better

I like it but they should put the overhang roofs on the end stands as well, keep the noise in better

Agreed - plus it would look better, plus I've been to too many August games where I felt like a piece of bacon in a toaster, or a Kardashian in a tanning bed. I keep thinking of that USMNT game in St. Vincent a week or 2 ago where it looked like there were no fans, but if you looked closer they were all just crowded into the seats at the top where there was shade.

Last edited:
For optimal noise amplification, the overhangs should be horizontal, and not slightly turned upward like those in the DC renderings.
What kills me about some of the MLS stadiums is how useless their roofs are. Colorado's and RSL's roofs look completely useless because of the lire height above seats and their angle - won't stop a slightly blowing rain from the field side at all.

What kills me about some of the MLS stadiums is how useless their roofs are. Colorado's and RSL's roofs look completely useless because of the lire height above seats and their angle - won't stop a slightly blowing rain from the field side at all.
RBA has THE best roof hands down. You don't get a drop of rain and keeps the cold winds out in October and November. The flip is that on a hot muggy day it feels like the National Swamp Ass Convention.

It's a good thing they don't hold any Magic the Gathering tournaments there.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrho...es-next-to-but?utm_term=.tnBY2jZnE#.wmOJ4LYQM
That was like the worst possible 35 car interstate pileup that you just can't help but stare at while driving past..... (mind kept saying) 'Look away....' but juvenile sense of humor kept cringing & laughing..... and the haircuts on some of those guys make it seem like they're hoping to pass by a GoT casting manager.....

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
You could spill everything as a pregame hype speech???? tonight even.

I don't know about that...

I can tell you that I know that he ( The Toe The Toe) knows what the MTA has been planning, what the engineers think, and the front office's thoughts through a random string of personal relationships.

I'll tell you what though -- we get a point and I'll DM you the info if you can keep it a secret until we can guarantee a playoff spot.

The GAL site can be expanded by reconfiguring the MetroNorth station to sit underneath?
Not to blow up DeGrozz' spot... Never say never, but very unlikely. The hard part would be getting affected communities to be okay with the changes. The Hudson Line would be a mess for a few years, and unless CFG/NYY are footing the bill for it. Remember, that MNR project cost $91 million, which would be all for naught a few years later if the GAL site meant reconfiguring the whole station. Rerouting some of the track is more likely, but nearly equally as difficult.

Not to blow up DeGrozz' spot... Never say never, but very unlikely. The hard part would be getting affected communities to be okay with the changes. The Hudson Line would be a mess for a few years, and unless CFG/NYY are footing the bill for it. Remember, that MNR project cost $91 million, which would be all for naught a few years later if the GAL site meant reconfiguring the whole station. Rerouting some of the track is more likely, but nearly equally as difficult.

I always figured the top of the stands could extend out over the tracks to some extent without requiring any changes to the tracks themselves.

I was thinking more "lower the ceiling of the waiting area so that one of the stands can sit on top of it," which obviously would require some disruption of the service to that station, but likely not rerouting of the track - now THAT would almost certainly be a nonstarter.

Reactions: Kjbert