Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I actually found several open street parking spaces on Walton Avenue between 161 and 158 that I used one time. I couldn't use the parking garages because we were doing the City Sendoff and there was a risk they would close with our car inside.

I almost always park at my sister's house about a mile away from the stadium. Those few instances when I don't, when arriving early enough, there is always parking at 158th street (between Franz Sigel Park and the Courthouse), or on the concourse south of the courthouse, on the side of the Franz Sigel Park.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and Jon
I almost always park at my sister's house about a mile away from the stadium. Those few instances when I don't, when arriving early enough, there is always parking at 158th street (between Franz Sigel Park and the Courthouse), or on the concourse south of the courthouse, on the side of the Franz Sigel Park.

Shhhhhhhhhhh

I am sure that conundrum is being worked on, if that location will be the one. A design can be achieved. The key is having one end of the stadium facing west, similar to how the Steeler's stadium is positioned.

View attachment 6052
Very, very, very few of the people attending a game at Heinz see that view. Maybe 1/3 of the fans in the upper bowl.

Reactions: Kjbert
True, but we could be talking 50-60 years down the road. Heritage Field seems like an easy solution to the space problem. You already know a stadium fits there. Parking lots would be easy to clear for green space.
Stadiums don't last 50 years anymore -- see Arlington, Old Meadowlands, etc.

They will give that view to the higher paying End Line & End Line Club Seats. They would probably also angle the stadium so all the sideline club seats get the better view of the midtown skyline.
You have to put supporters section with back to skyline. Photos and shit. Will be the Concrete Wall.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Stadiums don't last 50 years anymore -- see Arlington, Old Meadowlands, etc.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure if that's going to be true going forwards. Stadiums are a large outlay of funds and tend to screw over taxpayers something fierce. I can easily see the new Meadowlands going on for quite some time, the only reason that the Jets/Giants might get a new stadium built sooner than the 50 year mark is because its the NFL. Well that or the Meadowlands has a 30 year design life or something silly. But who the hell does that, the cost of additional concrete to go from a 30 to 50 year design life is minuscule in comparison to rebuilding a damn stadium 20 years sooner.

Then again, what's the NFL going to do, threaten to leave the NY media market if NY doesn't build a new stadium, fat chance.

The only reason I give our stadium a decent shot at going through is because of how deep the pockets of the ownership are.

Eventually with advances in virtual reality, 3D, cameras, and other technology that impacts media and television viewing, the need or want to go to a stadium will become obsolete. It will be more enjoyable to watch from home. You can be in the huddle, on the sidelines, watch the game as the quarterback, etc.

I read or watched someone say that eventually NFL stadiums would be intimate 20,000 seat stadiums designed for cameras and the home audience rather than the stadium audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Eventually with advances in virtual reality, 3D, cameras, and other technology that impacts media and television viewing, the need or want to go to a stadium will become obsolete. It will be more enjoyable to watch from home. You can be in the huddle, on the sidelines, watch the game as the quarterback, etc.

I read or watched someone say that eventually NFL stadiums would be intimate 20,000K seat stadiums designed for cameras and the home audience rather than the stadium audience.
Virtual reality tailgating or gtfo

20,000,000 doesn't sound that intimate.

SKYstadium.jpg