Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rumor that recently unemployed Preet Bharara will run for Mayor...
Been thinking for years that he can write his ticket with whatever he wants politically. He's about the most ethical individual out there with his relentless pursuit of corrupt politicians, organized crime, and white collar crime. I just hope he values soccer.

What is this job stealing witchcraft?! We have a union guy who does this tyvm, take your scab website somewhere else buddy.

9adc0ff74eec6e162147340a184abd91.jpg
Top notch satire. I always appreciate pointing out the criminal and hypocritical nature of labor unions in modern America. What a joke. These guys get high on my block during their lunch breaks and then go crash cranes with no repercussions. I love organized crime.

I'm kind of a jerk.
Kind of? Nah. Not even a jerk. I know jerks. You, sir, are no jerk. A self-important, humorless asshole who has never once laughed at himself, likely. But definitely not a jerk.

ETA: just to be clear K Kjbert is a jerk. Hands down.

And me, I'm just suffering from generalized dick disorder. (Like, personality wise. my literal dick works fine. Most of the time anyway. not #team50 yet.)

Last edited:
Kind of? Nah. Not even a jerk. I know jerks. You, sir, are no jerk. A self-important, humorless asshole who has never once laughed at himself, yes. But definitely not a jerk.

And me, I'm just suffering from generalized dick disorder.

I'd offer to buy you a beer to smooth this all over, but I'm only 19.

Kind of? Nah. Not even a jerk. I know jerks. You, sir, are no jerk. A self-important, humorless asshole who has never once laughed at himself, likely. But definitely not a jerk.

And me, I'm just suffering from generalized dick disorder. (Like, personality wise. my literal dick works fine. Most of the time anyway. not #team50 yet.)

This.

FredMertz FredMertz probably has an unironic mustache

Ladies and Gentlemen, tomorrow we start our third home campaign. When are we going to get an announcement about a permanent home? Let's convert an old aircraft carrier to a floating pitch or build something at Pier 40. WTF is taking so long? This is joke.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since it's finally matchup...

I've been holding on this since last week...

I was at an NYCFC event for Pitchside and Suite account holders last Monday. Patricof was the only top level person there from the front office or sporting side of the club. He addressed the ~50 people there talking about the good season last year, Vieira as our head coach, the acquisitions we've made this offseason, James Sands being with the first team in preseason, the growth of the academy and the new girls academy, the new training facility would be done, likely, by this time (March) next year, then he finally said they're very confident about making an announcement soon regarding a stadium. Talking with my account holder, he too, was confident. He didn't say really anything. But we aren't thinking about a new stadium opening in 10 years. Patricof wasn't just making statement of being confident. I genuinely believe that something significant will be announced. The conservative me thinks by midseason. The optimistic me thinks during the home opener.

Maybe it's just to keep the top ticket holders interested. Or not. Who knows?

Since it's finally matchup...

I've been holding on this since last week...

I was at an NYCFC event for Pitchside and Suite account holders last Monday. Patricof was the only top level person there from the front office or sporting side of the club. He addressed the ~50 people there talking about the good season last year, Vieira as our head coach, the acquisitions we've made this offseason, James Sands being with the first team in preseason, the growth of the academy and the new girls academy, the new training facility would be done, likely, by this time (March) next year, then he finally said they're very confident about making an announcement soon regarding a stadium. Talking with my account holder, he too, was confident. He didn't say really anything. But we aren't thinking about a new stadium opening in 10 years. Patricof wasn't just making statement of being confident. I genuinely believe that something significant will be announced. The conservative me thinks by midseason. The optimistic me thinks during the home opener.

Maybe it's just to keep the top ticket holders interested. Or not. Who knows?
Look guys, actual stadium news on the stadium thread!

I really need an avatar, huh?
Only if you want one. I actually thought about this a good bit as I was making the image and in a way I think it's kind of cool that you've kept the generic one despite all the "pressure to conform" so to speak. Almost everyone here has an avatar and that's fine, but I've been on forums where it's easy to add and somehow I'm the only one who has one. The point of an avatar is to be unique and also to be visually identifiable, and you've achieved both. At this point I'd say, keep it if you want because it works. And if you do want to put in an avatar that's fine, but don't do it because of us.

That's right, I'm gonna go all Oprah on you and say, "do what's in your heart, not what the crowd demands." *sniff*

Seriously though, if they don't like your generic avatar, screw 'em.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
Well, temp stadium anyway. Just saw this at MLS dot com:

I'm with the majority who believe it's only a matter of time before they name Yankee Stadium as the temp venue. I might be in the minority on this one, but I also believe Citi Field would be available if any sort of conflict comes up that would keep the team out of the Bronx.

Of course it's only my 2 cents worth(less), but the Mets/Yankees thing a lot of people chirp about is overblown. If and when the Mets are offered a piece of the action, the Wilpons will welcome NYCFC with open arms.

Here's a link to the rest of the article for those who are interested: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...fc-stadium-announcement-expected-within-month

I just clicked on this thread and for some reason it (unexpectedly) opened up on page 1. I read this first post thinking it was from last night. Seemed completely reasonable in that context, which is just the sad state of affairs in the Stadium Thread. The Thread That Time Forgot.

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC