Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would be shocked if DeBlasio actually committed a crime here. It's not that I think he's this stand up politician - I just don't think he's smart enough to play the game.

I don't live in NYC. Why do people in the city hate him so much?

Everybody I know in NYC, from ultra-liberal to conservative friends and colleagues, absolutely despise him. I don't understand how his poll numbers are still strong. What is his base?

Reactions: Kjbert
I would be shocked if DeBlasio actually committed a crime here. It's not that I think he's this stand up politician - I just don't think he's smart enough to play the game.

Well, he started out in office by trying to get the horses in central park banned, that really didn't do a lot to enamor him with the populous. Then there has been the steady stream of corruption allegations. Pissing off the ever powerful construction lobby by making them add in more affordable housing, so they make less money, has probably caused him more problems than the good PR its gained.

I got really annoyed when he basically blew a gigantic hole in the city's budget by giving the public sector unions a big raise. Bloomberg had worked and bargained hard to put the city on better financial footing wrt its employees and spending in general. It took deblasio all of about 6 months to undo 12 years of work in that regard.

I do think that he committed a crime of some description, he never took a stance on NYC horses until he received $680,000 in campaign contributions from an animal rights group who wanted to get rid of the central park horses. That group also happens to be backed by a real estate developer who wants to bid on the, city owned, stables property.

Oh yeah, crime has gone up. Since deblasio stopped stop and frisk because it was "racist" or something. The program was not racist, and more importantly it had an actual statistically significant effect on making the city safer. Which reminds me, deblasio started off his tenure by getting into a big fight with the police; who still hate him btw.

He also rents out his old house to some developer for way over market rate. No conflict of interest there.

I realllllllllly don't like how he tries to use his platform as mayor to get onto the national political stage; save that for after your term is done.

There's more but I really don't feel like wasting time on deblasio. Guy's a crook and we will probably reelect him.

I think I can agree with a lot of the what you posted JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb - but stop and frisk is absolutely racial profiling.

Maybe that is why crime is up. I don't know. But stopping someone and assuming they are committing a crime because of the color of their skin is racial profiling.

I think I can agree with a lot of the what you posted JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb - but stop and frisk is absolutely racial profiling.

Maybe that is why crime is up. I don't know. But stopping someone and assuming they are committing a crime because of the color of their skin is racial profiling.

No it was randomly stopping and frisking people who are in high crime areas, there was never a racial component. That high crime areas are mostly where there is a large minority concentration is an entirely separate kettle of fish.

Again the problem with stopping the policy is that it actually worked really well. Guns were removed from the street, criminals were caught, and gangs were pressured. And since the policy was stopped, crime has gone back up. Stop and frisk has been AB tested and everything.

Reactions: hatt91
Well, he started out in office by trying to get the horses in central park banned, that really didn't do a lot to enamor him with the populous. Then there has been the steady stream of corruption allegations. Pissing off the ever powerful construction lobby by making them add in more affordable housing, so they make less money, has probably caused him more problems than the good PR its gained.

I got really annoyed when he basically blew a gigantic hole in the city's budget by giving the public sector unions a big raise. Bloomberg had worked and bargained hard to put the city on better financial footing wrt its employees and spending in general. It took deblasio all of about 6 months to undo 12 years of work in that regard.

I do think that he committed a crime of some description, he never took a stance on NYC horses until he received $680,000 in campaign contributions from an animal rights group who wanted to get rid of the central park horses. That group also happens to be backed by a real estate developer who wants to bid on the, city owned, stables property.

Oh yeah, crime has gone up. Since deblasio stopped stop and frisk because it was "racist" or something. The program was not racist, and more importantly it had an actual statistically significant effect on making the city safer. Which reminds me, deblasio started off his tenure by getting into a big fight with the police; who still hate him btw.

He also rents out his old house to some developer for way over market rate. No conflict of interest there.

I realllllllllly don't like how he tries to use his platform as mayor to get onto the national political stage; save that for after your term is done.

There's more but I really don't feel like wasting time on deblasio. Guy's a crook and we will probably reelect him.
Hes just a dick

I'm sure there are a lot of opinions on this one, and I am one that isn't all that bothered when threads get off topic (especially this one), but I'm hoping we can leave this one out of this thread.

No it was randomly stopping and frisking people who are in high crime areas, there was never a racial component. That high crime areas are mostly where there is a large minority concentration is an entirely separate kettle of fish.

Again the problem with stopping the policy is that it actually worked really well. Guns were removed from the street, criminals were caught, and gangs were pressured. And since the policy was stopped, crime has gone back up. Stop and frisk has been AB tested and everything.
Nope.

Reactions: BxLio91 and Kjbert
Everybody I know in NYC, from ultra-liberal to conservative friends and colleagues, absolutely despise him. I don't understand how his poll numbers are still strong. What is his base?

The only thing good about de Blasio is his son Dante who's upper body skin seems to be made of an NYCFC jersey as that's all we see him in.

If Quinn won the primary, she would have won the election, and we'd have our deal still in place for the Bronx site and probably playing in an SSS by now or next year.

I'm actually pissed off at the front office that de Blasio wasn't invited or that he didn't show up to the home opener so that I could boo his ass with 28,000 other New Yorkers

He polls strongest among non-whites and got the strongest voting support and polls best in the Bronx. So, Queens then.

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/?s=de+blasio

Reactions: Kjbert and Statler

Out of respect for the rest of the board, I won't get into a pissing match with you on this. As a Conservative and Constitution Thumper, let's just say I disagree with your assessment that it's OK to randomly stop people and frisk them. It's Anti-Liberty if you ask me.

Out of respect for the rest of the board, I won't get into a pissing match with you on this. As a Conservative and Constitution Thumper, let's just say I disagree with your assessment that it's OK to randomly stop people and frisk them. It's Anti-Liberty if you ask me.

I will agree, for the collective good of the board, to not get into a pissing match with you on this particular subject.

All other NYCFC related subjects are still on the table as per usual.

I will agree, for the collective good of the board, to not get into a pissing match with you on this particular subject.

All other NYCFC related subjects are still on the table as per usual.
No pissing match necessary as long as we avoid subjective thoughts on stop and frisk.

No comments on racism or constitutionality
Will just talk about numbers. And the numbers say there was no statistically significant evidence that it lowered crime. Stops dropped dramatically in 2012 (down 22%) and 2013 (down another 65%) and crime continued the pre-Giuliani trend of dropping as well.

What's our optimal safe standing occupancy in a new stadium? And what do we call our wall?

Reactions: adam and Kjbert