Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"If and when the Mets are offered a piece of the action" Offered a piece, forced to take one so as not to have totally sunk costs... it's all good!

Reactions: Kjbert
I really need an avatar, huh?
Part of me likes it when people have original avatars, but I'm so used to associating posts based on the avatar I see, rather than reading the actual name of the poster.

So basically I'm saying, don't change, because I selfishly don't want to have to figure out who the hell you are when you change your avatar, haha.

Everything in the article has been said before, but the more press it gets the better. We need a SSS.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/yankee-stadium-small-field-nycfc-mls

Side note: I was looking at articles talking about the process of converting the field from baseball to soccer. It seemed like they originally planned to remove pitcher's mound. Why did they decide against it? I mean, I know baseball is a priority but is it really that difficult to remove it and then put it back? If the mound was removed, how wide could we make the pitch?

Everything in the article has been said before, but the more press it gets the better. We need a SSS.

Side note: I was looking at articles talking about the process of converting the field from baseball to soccer. It seemed like they originally planned to remove pitcher's mound. Why did they decide against it? I mean, I know baseball is a priority but is it really that difficult to remove it and then put it back? If the mound was removed, how wide could we make the pitch?

The way the pitch is oriented now is the longest they could make it.

Reactions: adam
It's funny. I was watching the NYCFC vs. DC game on YES and the midfield line didn't look straight. After it got to the center circle, it looked like it went a couple degrees to the right.

There's at least 10 pages on this subject where FM's measure the stadium to the inch and realize we have it as large as can be without removing the left field walls.

Removing the mound is actually pretty easy to do but the Yankees just said no. There did not appear to be a mound on Sunday, though, and I'd guess there won't be one until the baseball season starts.

Removing the mound is actually pretty easy to do but the Yankees just said no. There did not appear to be a mound on Sunday, though, and I'd guess there won't be one until the baseball season starts.
It also doesn't meaningfully add any space since we'd still be butting against leftfield.

The real thing they could do is make the damn bullpen fence removable. We could definitely go bigger if they just took it down for our game

It also doesn't meaningfully add any space since we'd still be butting against leftfield.

The real thing they could do is make the damn bullpen fence removable. We could definitely go bigger if they just took it down for our game

This but you would also need to remove the left field stands partially

This but you would also need to remove the left field stands partially
That's true to make it longer. Wider, though? Think you could swing it without that as you're only sliding out the sideline closest to outfield.

Seems like an easy fix, but I guess they don't give a shit about having a proper sized pitch.

Tried getting some inside info from my ticket rep the last few days. Got nothing. Not in the cool kids club

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich