Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reminder that Populous came to NYC in order to further their residential/industrial design prospects/ability and still hadn't be involved or contacted about stadium-related business as of last year.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's actually a picture of the real stadium, and it's already been built in the middle of the city -but it's like a speakeasy, and you have to know where to look because it's camouflaged with no exterior signage. I guess you aren't one of the cool kids and in the know.

Btw, it has real philly cheesetakes from Pat's.

Pat's? From Philly? Trash. Jim's is where it's at.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Reminder that Populous came to NYC in order to further their residential/industrial design prospects/ability and still hadn't be involved or contacted about stadium-related business as of last year.

THAT WE'RE AWARE OF!

I'm sorry but that sort of cruelty to those of us on the forum who suddenly find themselves cheesesteak-deprived and who mention cheesesteaks in their sigs is surely worth a two or three day ban.
Just pointing out that there's (maybe) a bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow for the cheesesteak crowd...

(I know nothing about future cheesesteak venders at the stadium, but if we're going to get one it might as well be better than Carl's - never liked the YS version - and Jersey Mikes)

It is interesting that they used images of NYCFC fans and logos.... I think those would be copyrighted and not easily used unless given permission. Perhaps actually inserted as an Easter Egg?
Historic first reverse canary.

I listened, read, or watch an architect describe the ideal stadium design as part of a city. They said it would be a typical public space, like a park, that would be assembled and disassembled when needed.

So, when games were being played there would be a place to play it and when games were not being played, the city and it's citizens would have the land to themselves.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
What about a stadium where the seats DROP INTO THE GROUND. Like a submarine rising

What about a stadium where the seats DROP INTO THE GROUND. Like a submarine rising
Or how about the stands on four sides all hinge so before/after games they close like a box, with the public park on the top sides, but for the game they flip up and rest at an angle. Just like a transformer. Optimus City?