Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
If we actually win this shit I'm going to be PO'd. Wish the FO just didn't even get involved with this.

Reactions: Kjbert
Aren't the Jets only about 8 years away from being able to opt out? It's a longshot, but they could ramp up a second try at a Queens stadium.

And the Knicks and Rangers might be forced to move if the city pulls the plug on the current MSG. One would think they could pull off an awesome new combined arena/Penn Station using the current space plus the Post Office next door though.
Uh, why would the Jets live MetLife?

Uh, why would the Jets live MetLife?

I'm ignorant to the details, but probably to (1) control all stadium revenue outright and (2) be closer to their primarily Long Island fanbase?

I'm not the first to suggest they might leave, but I am piggybacking off others who said it could make sense.

So, bid submitted. If bid is accepted, they aren't legally obligated to build, right?
Depends on the RFP, but more than likely, no, they aren't obligated.

In construction, most projects will have three Bidding parties (the GC for example). Some GCs will want the job badly because they have an open slot in their schedule and they need to keep their workers/sub-contractors working, so they'll throw a low bid in to try and ensure winning it (sometimes better to cover costs, or even just get close, with no profit than to have zero). Other GCs may be super busy but will throw a ridiculously high number at the job figuring if selected they'll take the work because it's crazy money. And then there's the group in between that simply puts a highly competitive bid forth that is market rate with a typical profit. Even after selection, the Owner and GC still have to haggle out a contract based on the Bid Proposal. Until signatures are added on the dotted lines, there's no obligation to proceed.

The Belmont RFP is similar, but inverted, where Belmont wants to select the largest Bid proposal (whether straight money payment or future percentage of sales or however its structured). I'm guessing CFG put in a low bid to not be the prime candidate for selection. If selected, I'd be surprised if they couldn't bow out, and maybe there's also an escrow amount they'd lose that was put up to have the privilege of bidding, but whatever the amount is would be easily absorbed as a cost of due diligence on CFG's part.

Depends on the RFP, but more than likely, no, they aren't obligated.

In construction, most projects will have three Bidding parties (the GC for example). Some GCs will want the job badly because they have an open slot in their schedule and they need to keep their workers/sub-contractors working, so they'll throw a low bid in to try and ensure winning it (sometimes better to cover costs, or even just get close, with no profit than to have zero). Other GCs may be super busy but will throw a ridiculously high number at the job figuring if selected they'll take the work because it's crazy money. And then there's the group in between that simply puts a highly competitive bid forth that is market rate with a typical profit. Even after selection, the Owner and GC still have to haggle out a contract based on the Bid Proposal. Until signatures are added on the dotted lines, there's no obligation to proceed.

The Belmont RFP is similar, but inverted, where Belmont wants to select the largest Bid proposal (whether straight money payment or future percentage of sales or however its structured). I'm guessing CFG put in a low bid to not be the prime candidate for selection. If selected, I'd be surprised if they couldn't bow out, and maybe there's also an escrow amount they'd lose that was put up to have the privilege of bidding, but whatever the amount is would be easily absorbed as a cost of due diligence on CFG's part.
Also, winning a proposal is not the same as signing a contract. They could always find some reason not to sign the contract, even if they are selected as the winning bid.

Am I the only one who thought Tolleson was pointing is in the direction of GAL with his comments on air last night?

He is certainly in a position to have better info and it would not shock me if the front office directed his comments.

Or is that just my I-live-10-miles-away wish fulfillment?

Am I the only one who thought Tolleson was pointing is in the direction of GAL with his comments on air last night?

He is certainly in a position to have better info and it would not shock me if the front office directed his comments.

I got that hint too, especially the “STAY TUNED.....” comment at the end of it

What were his comments?

What'd he say, roughly?

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't remember precisely, but in the context of mentioning the Belmont bid, something along the lines of, "the site right near Yankee stadium that they were close to in 2014 might very well be back in play... Stay tuned!"

I've always believed it would be GAL and a half-assed Belmont bid certainly fits my narrative.

It would be nice to be right about something at some point.