Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I don't remember precisely, but in the context of mentioning the Belmont bid, something along the lines of, "the site right near Yankee stadium that they were close to in 2014 might very well be back in play... Stay tuned!"

I've always believed it would be GAL and a half-assed Belmont bid certainly fits my narrative.

It would be nice to be right about something at some point.

is GAL the elevator factory? That is what I thought he was saying will happen (the elevator factory), IMO. Said something to the effect of "this was the preferred site and negotiations have opened back up". or am I misremembering?

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
is GAL the elevator factory? That is what I thought he was saying will happen (the elevator factory), IMO. Said something to the effect of "this was the preferred site and negotiations have opened back up". or am I misremembering?
GAL is indeed the elevator factory.

Reactions: Kjbert and dannd23
How the heck is it 20 hours later and this is JUST coming up? We're we all watching the MLS Live feed?

How the heck is it 20 hours later and this is JUST coming up? We're we all watching the MLS Live feed?

I will take it one further, and this again is a little fuzzy with the game being yesterday and they only touched on it for a minute, but pretty sure he was skeptical of the club being legit about Belmont (which many have speculated here).

Also mentioned a Coca Cola factory as a possible locale, but maybe being too small.

Reactions: Kjbert
I will take it one further, and this again is a little fuzzy with the game being yesterday and they only touched on it for a minute, but pretty sure he was skeptical of the club being legit about Belmont (which many have speculated here).

Also mentioned a Coca Cola factory as a possible locale, but maybe being too small.
Coke site was brought up by Jon Jon a few pages back as well. Maybe Joe just reads the forum and is reiterating what's said here... or he's one of us???!!
giphy.gif

Could be old news or totally unrelated but the Coca-Cola plant and a property next to it in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx was purchased in June. Not sure who purchased it, but it's a huge site near the 6 line.

View attachment 7534
Yeah it was Jon. But not a few pages back. Y'all dumped 7 pages on here in less than a day.

Yeah it was Jon. But not a few pages back. Y'all dumped 7 pages on here in less than a day.

From what I posted yesterday I believe the Coke building and the building directly north of we're purchased. Not sure if they were purchased by the same person/company but together those properties are more than 20 acres. It's my dream scenario because it keeps the team in the Bronx, gives them plenty of room to build, and has great accessibility with train and highway close by.

From what I posted yesterday I believe the Coke building and the building directly north of we're purchased. Not sure if they were purchased by the same person/company but together those properties are more than 20 acres. It's my dream scenario because it keeps the team in the Bronx, gives them plenty of room to build, and has great accessibility with train and highway close by.

Would be hilarious if Tolleson was reading this thread before the match and that's why he said the sites he did

Would be hilarious if Tolleson was reading this thread before the match and that's why he said the sites he did
I think it’s more likely he read that New York Times article and was quoting those sites, since I think every site he mentioned was in that article

I think it’s more likely he read that New York Times article and was quoting those sites, since I think every site he mentioned was in that article

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure he gets his news from the NYT before the forums.

As for the Coke site. Is there any way to FOIL the buyer?