Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So as the troll mentioned in the first post - the only real hurdle is the clean up of Newton Creek which lead me to believe that zoning, Albany, City and Yankees, financing, etc. aren't problems in that spot. I'm not sure I believe it, but I do think it's at least possible that some of those things are true, but I'm still treating this as a fun fantasy for now.

That said, there was talk of Army Core of Engineers - do they have to do the cleanup of Newtown Creek? Anyone know how that would work?
It’s a Super Fund site which is typically cleaned up/paid for by the companies that committed the pollution. Since most of the companies are long gone, I’m not sure who pays for it, but the Army Corps of Engineers would either be the “owners Rep” for the project or more directly manage the project.

Reactions: dark knight
I saw this rendering two months ago and it was the MAIN REASON I renewed my season tickets for next year. I can’t tell from who but renderings are hit and miss.
Where’d you see it? Feel free to DM me. I’m really curious who cribbed my idea.

Reactions: Kjbert
I saw this rendering two months ago and it was the MAIN REASON I renewed my season tickets for next year. I can’t tell from who but renderings are hit and miss.

If you can't say who that's fine, but what about other details? There are about six or seven different privately owned lots, along with a NYCHA warehouse on that land. Were they thinking of buying them all out individually or trying to get the city to give it to them via eminent domain? They've done the feasibility studies, presumably?

Dude, that isn’t an island, because it isn’t in the water.

But it is a variation of the idea I posted about a few hundred pages ago about straddling the shipping piers at the port facility next to Bkln Bridge Park’s Pier 6.
pure technicality. How much of the "island" needs to be in the water to qualify it as an island? I mean we toss a spire on buildings and count it in the height, so just suspend it and toss a reverse spire into the water and call it an island. Boom, Etihad Island marketing campaign is saved.

You haven't missed - I'm not comfortable saying more on that than I have.

These are architecture renderings. Considering they have the NYCFC logo on them they either came from NYCFC, CFG, MLS, or an architecture firm like Populous.

I'm guessing either you or your connection works at the architecture firm.

Or, you actually work for NYCFC, CFG, or MLS and are just leaking false information to keep us appeased because the stadium isn't happening for 10+ years.

Perhaps Patricoff leaked this out in one of his small focus group meetings? That's the most logical place I can think of, but I don't know.
Did anyone else who went to those meetings receive any info that you were asked not to share? (You don't have to share specifics obv)

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
These are architecture renderings. Considering they have the NYCFC logo on them they either came from NYCFC, CFG, MLS, or an architecture firm like Populous.

I'm guessing either you or your connection works at the architecture firm.

Or, you actually work for NYCFC, CFG, or MLS and are just leaking false information to keep us appeased because the stadium isn't happening for 10+ years.

I can think of other sources besides the ones you list - but I haven't lied about anything I've said - I'm just a season ticket holder and a fan and have no connections to inside info. That is why I have zero clue as to whether this is really possible or how close if there is some possibility.

If you can't say who that's fine, but what about other details? There are about six or seven different privately owned lots, along with a NYCHA warehouse on that land. Were they thinking of buying them all out individually or trying to get the city to give it to them via eminent domain? They've done the feasibility studies, presumably?

What I heard was that the land wasn't an issue, nor was zoning or financing. It was all about the cleanup. I don't know anything beyond that. I also heard that were there to be a green light it would take 3 years to build, who knows how long clean up would take and what 3 years in NYC years are. #grainsofsalt

I can think of other sources besides the ones you list - but I haven't lied about anything I've said - I'm just a season ticket holder and a fan and have no connections to inside info. That is why I have zero clue as to whether this is really possible or how close if there is some possibility.
There are a couple city agencies that could have access, or politicians offices.

What I heard was that the land wasn't an issue, nor was zoning or financing. It was all about the cleanup. I don't know anything beyond that. I also heard that were there to be a green light it would take 3 years to build, who knows how long clean up would take and what 3 years in NYC years are. #grainsofsalt
If they got a green light to build, the superfund site it the first item to address. BUT.... while the dredging takes place, there’s a shit-ton of steel that has to be fabricated, and it can be all done ahead of time, off site, and then trucked in and placed like an erector set. That said, I very much wonder if only the areas where the stadium is going has to be cleaned up, while the rest of the canal can take longer (like during the actual stadium phase of the project) so that it’s simultaneously happening rather than linearly???

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I know we have a couple people with some insight on this, like Ulrich Ulrich maybe?
How much would it typically cost to develop a rendering like above, assuming they did engineering and other architectural study to develop it?

Just trying to get an idea how much the club may have spent on this already, it's kind of a good indicator of the level of true ambition to build a stadium ASAP.

I know we have a couple people with some insight on this, like Ulrich Ulrich maybe?
How much would it typically cost to develop a rendering like above, assuming they did engineering and other architectural study to develop it?

Just trying to get an idea how much the club may have spent on this already, it's kind of a good indicator of the level of true ambition to build a stadium ASAP.
Depends on when that rendering was made in the process. If at the beginning, no engineering would be done but they’d guesstimate sizing of stuff so it’s proportionally close (this is why so many built projects don’t look like the initial glitzy rendering). If this was done at the end of design development, then they may have some more concrete numbers to work with.

The base cost of a rendering is nothing. You could find a thousand sole proprietors in China or India that would do it for next to nothing if you gave them some base files - you’d also have broken your secrecy. To do it in NYC, in house with an architectural firm, would just cost the hourly rate of the recent college graduate that is a jockey on the computer.

giphy.gif
I will go there every Saturday and Sunday and clean the place myself.:tearsofjoy:

You're telling me you've had info for over two months and haven't shared. IF ANYONE HERE HAS INFO LET IT OUT! Lol