Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You're telling me you've had info for over two months and haven't shared. IF ANYONE HERE HAS INFO LET IT OUT! Lol
giphy.gif

For those interested (and I'm pretty interested because I work right on top of it), here's various info about the Greenpoint Oil Spill. It's upstream of the proposed stadium site, but learning about this gives you an idea of what the cleanup entails.

Wikipedia: "The Greenpoint oil spill is one of the largest oil spills ever recorded in the United States. Located around Newtown Creek in the Greenpoint neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City, between 17 and 30 million US gallons (64,000 and 114,000 m3) of oil and petroleum products have leaked into the soil from crude oil processing facilities over a period of several decades."

From Newtown Creek Alliance: "Since 1978, approximately 12.9 million gallons of oil and oil products have been recovered from the soils beneath Greenpoint and the waters of Newtown Creek (as of March 2017)".

So obviously this whole thing is the al-Mubarak family attempting to grab our spilled oil!

DKF2y5J.png

Further reading: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-greenpoint-oil-spill

Wonder if CFG is helping to expedite the cleanup of Newtown Creek to ingratiate itself with the neighborhood and the city government in return for a stadium + some real estate. Lord knows future clean riverfront property would be really valuable to the city and developers.

how the hell.
logistic nightmare. think about it. you would need pillars tosupport the structure of the stadium within the waterway itself, so how would vessels go from the east river inward?

how the hell.
logistic nightmare. think about it. you would need pillars tosupport the structure of the stadium within the waterway itself, so how would vessels go from the east river inward?

I don't see any steel supports. I think those towers create a hover field and it just floats.

My guess is we have real news (not to say this isn't real, but from the team) on November 8th or 9th after the local elections have concluded.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
how the hell.
I'm no civil engineer, but I'd presume that such things as arches, cantilevers and cable stays can support that kind of load over a span as relatively narrow as Newtown Creek.

how the hell.
The Pulaski also has pillars in th waterway. You just need a large enough opening for whatever water craft goes by. I'd imagine it would probably be doable.

Reactions: Kjbert