Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So while I can't discourage skepticism I can say this wasn't a fan photoshopping job - I wish I had those skills. And while I would love to be an amazing internet troll, my username is on BigSoccer and trolling isn't my usual activity. I can red card Midas if you need proof of that. Heck, I should do that even if you don't need proof. ;)
Hey, not necessary.

I can't even go there these days. Bruce Arena and his band of crap players would make a red card redundant.

So while I can't discourage skepticism I can say this wasn't a fan photoshopping job - I wish I had those skills. And while I would love to be an amazing internet troll, my username is on BigSoccer and trolling isn't my usual activity. I can red card Midas if you need proof of that. Heck, I should do that even if you don't need proof. ;)
Appreciate you sharing. Whatever this ends up being it's great to see that they are putting in work. Not that we didn't think they are it's just good to see even a small hint of it present itself.

I don't see why everyone is so quick to dismiss it.

You want cultural and political capital, doing something like that is the ultimate check mark.

It wouldn't just be a stadium, it would be an iconic landmark.

And yes, in that location, you'd get to 40k in STHs pdq.

And that re-sale value...

Name one of the 4 towers after Bill and let's get this shit done.

You want cultural and political capital, doing something like that is the ultimate check mark.

Make 1 the Bill D public housing tower. Make 1 nycfc offices. Give one tower to mls to make their headquarters. And the last to the freys to defend the bridge. (Or US soccer federation).

Introducing the Fuck You De Blasio Residences. Welcome home.

giphy.gif

Once you get past the audacity of the creek-span it's actually an incredibly sensible location. As we've all been discussing, it's reasonably serviced by transit (public and *also* directly off the LIE) and in a gentrifying post-industrial area of the city which could use an injection of capital and infrastructure. Plus you get the eye-candy of the Manhattan skyline. Dunno about the second bridge, but I could honestly believe this could happen.

...plus the al-Mubarak family sucking up all our spilled oil.